Least talented top 10 offense?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure how open Kyler needs Kirk to be here. He ends up scrambling for about 8 yards but Kirk is wide open and could possibly house this when you see where the defense is.

It's around 13:00 in Q4 if you want to watch it. This was like the 3rd play I watched. And on 2 of them Kyler missed open guys or took a check down over a better option.

You must be registered for see images attach

Alternate angle. Kirk would have one flat footed safety to beat.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Again, I don't disagree. But it's not Kyler bad OR Kliff bad.

They have both been bad.

But Kliff has to lay better foundations for Kyler to succeed. The limited scheme he's running is way too easy for defenses to stop, making it much harder for Kyler.

Jared Goff is a prime example. He's a limited QB that struggles at certain things. One of those things is sitting in the pocket, going through his reads and avoiding pressure. So McVay moves him around a bunch to help. You watch the Rams, and you will see it this weekend. Goff is running bootlegs or moving outside the pocket on probably a 3rd of his drop backs, minimum.

That's the HC adjusting his scheme to get the best out of his QB despite his limitations. Kliff isn't doing that.
Where have you ever heard that Goff struggles to stand in the pocket and struggles making reads?

If anything, Goff excels at sitting in the pocket and making reads but teams blitz and pressure him which is what gets him off his game. That is why McVay moves him around. It prevents them from constantly sending interior pressure because they don't know that he is always going to be in the pocket.

The Cardinals are a bit different because teams don't rush us the same way they rush most QBs. It is one reason we struggle with screen plays. Defensive ends aren't crashing in on Murray to be sucked in and create space for the screen pass. They are staying shallow and wide which puts them right in the play.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm not sure how open Kyler needs Kirk to be here. He ends up scrambling for about 8 yards but Kirk is wide open and could possibly house this when you see where the defense is.

It's around 13:00 in Q4 if you want to watch it. This was like the 3rd play I watched. And on 2 of them Kyler missed open guys or took a check down over a better option.

Alternate angle. Kirk would have one flat footed safety to beat.

Again...it isn't the scheme that is struggling right now.