Least Interesting Team Ever?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'm pretty interested in the new coaching staff. All fresh, hungry, but unproven (at their new level) young minds. Unlike K2 however, they have a good pedigree. Specifically I'm looking forward to seeing their schemes, game management, and player development. It's reasonable to hope that this might be a special group.

And from an excitement standpoint, you have to admit MO has already moved the needle early in his tenure.

So for me just the leadership change makes this team worth watching, and I think they give off a different vibe than Keim/Wilks/McCoy/Joseph.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Is it though? Why?

"reasonable to hope" is a pretty low bar to clear Chief. haha :)

One could say that's a true statement if only because the staff has yet not proven otherwise.

But I'll go out on a little bit of a limb and say that at least Gannon has had enough success at the NFL level so that it's reasonable to hope he'll be a great NFL head coach.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What do you mean this team isn't interesting? The storylines write themselves!

- How long will it be until DHop fakes an injury to sit out of camp?
- How long will it be until Budda fakes an injury to sit out of camp?
- How many quarters will McCoy stay healthy to start the year?
- Will Dennis Gardeck double his sack total from last year of 1?
- Will Rondale Moore play more than 8 games?
- Will Clayton Tune be better than fellow 5th round QB John Skelton?
- How many other former players and employees will come out with harsh stories about Michael and how he runs the team?
- Will we set the record for most rushing yards allowed in a season?
- Which ASFN member will be first to make a thread calling for Gannon to get fired and in what week?

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean this team isn't interesting? The storylines write themselves!

- How long will it be until DHop fakes an injury to sit out of camp?
He will be listed at DNP tge first week.
- How long will it be until Budda fakes an injury to sit out of camp?
I don’t see Buddy faking anything.
- How many quarters will McCoy stay healthy to start the year?
My guess is 10 quarters.
- Will Dennis Gardeck double his sack total from last year of 1?
Yes
- Will Rondale Moore play more than 8
No
games?
- Will Clayton Tune be better than fellow 5th round QB John Skelton?
Does it matter?
- How many other former players and employees will come out with harsh stories about Michael and how he runs the team?
Wait and see I guess.
- Will we set the record for most rushing yards allowed in a season?
No, but it will be a lot.
- Which ASFN member will be first to make a thread calling for Gannon to get fired and in what week?
List of possibilities is too long! Lol!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The Houston Texans are the least interesting team in the history of the NFL, an expansion team which does not even really have a true history of losing worth calling a legacy due to their short time in the league... heck, even their name is generic and uninteresting

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you mean I covered the Cards for many years, that’s true. Your position seems much like blaming the doctor for the illness.
I thought you worked for NFL teams during your career and was referring to your comments about the NFL. If that's not the case I apologize.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I thought you worked for NFL teams during your career and was referring to your comments about the NFL. If that's not the case I apologize.
I worked as what I called a stringer. Scouts would pay me to handle specific teams. I’d also get asked to look at specific players, sometimes to determine if they could be molded to different positions. They were often spread so thin they felt they couldn’t be comprehensive. I did some media work for Rivals, USA and the online version of Football Digest. The latter two were free lance.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're talking about interesting teams. We'd traded up for Rosen in the first round, so that was exciting at the time, although the guy didn't pan out. Kyler coming off injury onto a horrible roster that can't compete generates little excitement. It's not about comparing the players overall, but the situations and the teams.

If were talking about "interesting" in terms of how much media play the team gets there has been far more talk about Hopkins, Budda and Kyler than anyone was talking about that 2018 team.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Does it strike anyone else as odd we‘ve heard virtually nothing about how players are performing during OTAs?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’m still laughing at Hopkins has as much star power as Fitz.

That’s never been true and never will be.
Throw in, if we’re talking about the Cardinal greats/ interest, Hopkins isn’t even on Boldin’s level, much less Fitz’s.

And I like Hopkins.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’m still laughing at Hopkins has as much star power as Fitz.

That’s never been true and never will be.
Throw in, if we’re talking about the Cardinal greats/ interest, Hopkins isn’t even on Boldin’s level, much less Fitz’s.

And I like Hopkins.
Hopkins is probably a bigger star than Fitz, because fantasy football is bigger today, for one thing. Fitz had a couple great postseasons, which define his legacy alongside his longevity. DHop is a four-time Pro Bowler and three-time All-Pro. Two more times he's been second-team All-Pro.

Fitz is a one-time All-Pro (two more second-team honors) and a nine-time Pro Bowler(!!). Hop's highs have been higher but Fitz was consistently Very Good.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Hopkins is probably a bigger star than Fitz, because fantasy football is bigger today, for one thing. Fitz had a couple great postseasons, which define his legacy alongside his longevity. DHop is a four-time Pro Bowler and three-time All-Pro. Two more times he's been second-team All-Pro.

Fitz is a one-time All-Pro (two more second-team honors) and a nine-time Pro Bowler(!!). Hop's highs have been higher but Fitz was consistently Very Good.
Well said.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm pretty interested in the new coaching staff. All fresh, hungry, but unproven (at their new level) young minds. Unlike K2 however, they have a good pedigree. Specifically I'm looking forward to seeing their schemes, game management, and player development. It's reasonable to hope that this might be a special group.

And from an excitement standpoint, you have to admit MO has already moved the needle early in his tenure.

So for me just the leadership change makes this team worth watching, and I think they give off a different vibe than Keim/Wilks/McCoy/Joseph.
What pedigree does Drew Petzing have over Kliff Kingsbury?

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Peterson is 100% a HOF player.

He’s only questionable to some Cardinals fans that don’t like him for some reason. Still haven’t figured that one out.

I think he's very good, as evidence by the those exact words you quoted. Also I didn't say he had no chance or that he's probably not going to get in.

The most recent CB's are Revis, Bailey, Woodson, Polamalu. He's almost as good as them, play wise and accolade wise. Of course he has a good chance, just wouldn't say 100% lock, so it's questionable. It's always crowded to get in.

He's also one of the few select jerseys I own. Some people enjoy being butthurt for some reason, I also haven't figured that out.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does it strike anyone else as odd we‘ve heard virtually nothing about how players are performing during OTAs?
Hey Harry, what player throughout your career have been the most wrong about?
What player did you think was a sure fire guy who failed and which player did you think was a waste but turned out to be great?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA