Learning From the Cubs

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I realize how absurd that title seems on the surface. As a Cardinal baseball fan I’ve watched the Cubs closely for years. Virtually every September when rosters used to greatly expand, the Cubs would often have a prospect or 2 who showed flashes of talent. The cry was always the same, “Wait until next year.” Of course, next year was never different. I bring this up because the Cards schedule looks weaker after the bye. Also Brown & Hopkins should be fully installed into the offense as a team by then. Murphy should be back. I think there’s a good chance the Cards will win at least 3 games post-bye. We’ll start hearing, “Wait until next year.” Don’t believe it. This team is not fundamentally sound. A winning finish won‘t change that. Real changes must be made.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realize how absurd that title seems on the surface. As a Cardinal baseball fan I’ve watched the Cubs closely for years. Virtually every September when rosters used to greatly expand, the Cubs would often have a prospect or 2 who showed flashes of talent. The cry was always the same, “Wait until next year.” Of course, next year was never different. I bring this up because the Cards schedule looks weaker after the bye. Also Brown & Hopkins should be fully installed into the offense as a team by then. Murphy should be back. I think there’s a good chance the Cards will win at least 3 games post-bye. We’ll start hearing, “Wait until next year.” Don’t believe it. This team is not fundamentally sound. A winning finish won‘t change that. Real changes must be made.
This

Change needs to happen this off-season or we will continue to spiral down

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
his team is not fundamentally sound.
i agree with this -- and is directly related to your comment on the trenches

Keims teams seem so brittle: one or two bad breaks injury-wise and they go from looking really good to not good in shockingly quick fashion

my take is it's because Keim tries to compensate for mediocre / bad line play with better skill people.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
So many problems. First priority is to maximize Kyler's ability snd skills whether it is Sean Payton or another gifted offensive coach.

Eat the 12 to 15 million expense from letting Keim and Kliff go, and get more out of the 45 million being spent on Kyler.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing is going to change. We already being groomed with the “ most injuries in the NFL” this this year.
Don’t be fooled is right. This team was pathetic going into this season. We have defeated the Raiders ( with a miracle finish), the Panthers, the Saints, and a pathetic Rams. Not exactly a great looking résumé.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we were injury free for the most part and DHop wasnt suspended and we still sucked maybe MB flushes KK and SK, but I’m afraid there are a lot of built in excuses to give them next year at the least.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Absofreakinglutely! Excellent post Harry!!! This teams HC, GM & staff are rotten to the core!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose