Laviska Shenault, Jr.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Mitch has a good segment on Colorado’s WR Laviska Shenault, Jr. Looks like a fast version of Anquan Bolden. 6'2" 225 lb badass. I know everyone like to talk about Lamb and Jeudy but this guy is the real deal. Would not shock me to see him go before lamb because he has the body to take much more of a pounding.

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With the durability concerns & being the jack of all trades(though I do think he’s a better prospect than Percy Harvin & Cordarrelle Patterson coming out), he’s not going top 10.

Mitch also had us taking Travis Etienne(a RB) at 8. Bleh

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
With the durability concerns & being the jack of all trades(though I do think he’s a better prospect than Percy Harvin & Cordarrelle Patterson coming out), he’s not going top 10.

Mitch also had us taking Travis Etienne(a RB) at 8. Bleh
Not a fan of Etiene at 8 but would have no problem with Dobbins in round 2. Or Etienne in round 2.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's definitely good. Body similar to Anquan but I don't think he's the same type player, Anquan wasn't as fast but he was so elusive, both on routes and after the catch. Shenault is more of a straight line guy.

he'll be a good pro if he can stay healthy but I wouldn't take him over Lamb or Jeudy.

But you never know, he's definitely good.

Fascinating Bleacher report story on him, compares him to Julio Jones, said he'll run sub 4.4 at the combine, and says he actually nearly went to Alabama but "got a bad vibe" on his visit there. Yeah he could have been in the same group as Jeudy, Ruggs, and Smith this year!

He's not Julio Jones he's not THAT good but he's good.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Etiene at anywhere near 8 won’t happen. Likely goes in the bottom third of round one. Shenault likely goes a little earlier unless he lights up the Combine.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Mitch has a good segment on Colorado’s WR Laviska Shenault, Jr. Looks like a fast version of Anquan Bolden. 6'2" 225 lb badass. I know everyone like to talk about Lamb and Jeudy but this guy is the real deal. Would not shock me to see him go before lamb because he has the body to take much more of a pounding.

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/

Found his nitch. Happy for the guy to be honest.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Not at 8.
Not before Jeudy, Lamb or Ruggs
And that puts him in the 20's IMO.

Walter is an oddity about some of his guys.......

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
All the skills are there, especially RAC. But for whatever reason I'm not sure about what's upstairs. I thought he could've played this past season but chose to ride out an injury? Dunno, how dedicated he is.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have to laugh about the comments about Mitch. While many of the posters on this board are auditioning to be hired by the FB Cardinals' FO, Mitch is writing to inform and entertain. And I'm glad he does. As for his many possibilities for our pick at #8, it's up to our FO interns who post on this board to say yea or nay.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Have to laugh about the comments about Mitch. While many of the posters on this board are auditioning to be hired by the FB Cardinals' FO, Mitch is writing to inform and entertain. And I'm glad he does. As for his many possibilities for our pick at #8, it's up to our FO interns who post on this board to say yea or nay.
Mitch, like most of us, go to bat hard for their dudes.

He just has some odd takes sometimes. I wish he still contributed here, but have never for one second thought he was any better or worse than any of us. It's one of the main reasons why I never visit that site. It's a prettier version of this message board IMO and I already spend too much damn time talking about stuff here. haha

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I say jeudy or lamb than go oline and lbers

Hopefully sign a few players to help in fa

Dont cards have a bit of capspace this offseason

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Don't worry, he'll read this thread if he hasn't already

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shenault appears to be a hands receiver and not a body receiver. Almost everything in the video he catches with his hands, that alone makes him a pretty good receiver to me.

This whole hands/body receiver nonsense is just that. The whole Isabella is in the doghouse because he is a body catcher.... who know who else is? Edelman, the person that the Cards want Isabella to be in the mold of.

As long as you don't drop the ball, it doesn't matter.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Etiene at anywhere near 8 won’t happen. Likely goes in the bottom third of round one. Shenault likely goes a little earlier unless he lights up the Combine.

I doubt if any RB is taken in the first round this year.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This whole hands/body receiver nonsense is just that. The whole Isabella is in the doghouse because he is a body catcher.... who know who else is? Edelman, the person that the Cards want Isabella to be in the mold of.

I agree but if you catch it with your hands, you can gain at least a half step on the defender. Also a WR needs to catch with their hands in order to snag the ball out of the air.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Laviska Shenault’s status will partly depend on how his medical looks. He missed 2 games this year and 3 games last year due to injuries. A core muscle injury was suffered this year. Last year he had a torn labrum. The labrum is especially concerning because like hamstring injuries, these tend to reoccur. Last season he also suffered toe injuries that impaired his performance. That injury required offseason surgery. I don’t believe players are injury prone but unquestionably some have sturdier bodies than others

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

But it does matter as a WR who can extend his hands and make catches compared to one that may struggle with it gives the one who can make those catches a greater catch radius. I also think you are incorrect about Edelman, go watch some of his highlights and he shows good hands.