Larry will return for his 16th season

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by DVontel, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Snakester

Snakester Draft Man

That sounds better. That’s two different reports from the same outfit. Hopefully they got it right this time.

2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

Thx. Both great pups but yeah ginger is the wonder puppy. Easiest I’ve ever had and I’ve had 8 different breeds. House trained after only one accident, learned sit, down, come, stay in just two or three sessions (w/o a trainer just me). Great temperament. Had no idea vizslas were so great.

Brian in Mesa likes this.
  3. Brak

Brak Registered

[​IMG]

This may be the worst take EVER on ASFN, and that's really quite an accomplishment.

You have an opinion, that's all. You spew crap in all caps and argue about it as if it's fact. And as an opinion, it stinks on ice.

Larry is worth every penny of $11m next year, even at his age and declining skills level. His value extends well beyond numbers and statistics. It extends into the locker room, and into the stands.

Nice try. I respect that you have a different take on this than many of us, but don't be a whiny b about it and cry like you're "right" and the rest of us are wrong.

Zeno likes this.
  4. BigRedRage

BigRedRage Reckless Contributor

WRONG! FAKE NEWS! he is the SMARTEST man in the ENTIRE ROOM!

5. NeverSayDieFan

NeverSayDieFan Registered

ABSOLUTELY GREAT NEWS!!

Mark in SC :)

6. Ronin

Ronin ASFN Contributor Contributor

cardncubfan and ARZCardinals like this.
  7. ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals Registered

$11 million ...paid as a top 10 receiver ....yet produces at 32nd by all stats

I get the love for the guy....he's a legend

I just don't get the team can afford to pay Larry $11 mill of the cap when there's a ton (if not more) needs they need to address.

Celebrate those of you loving it ... I hope you enjoy watching him .... as we all do, but when Free Agency starts and the Cardinals end up getting lower tiered players for the O line, LB and again no CB across from PP ....you'll know exactly why.

You'll see in free agency ...Player X was interested in the Cardinals and (insert team) and the (insert team) offered him a million or two more...so he signed.

Larry should be paid $4-5 million based on his production (he's 32nd at WR by every statistical measurement).

8. ARZCardinals

ARZCardinals Registered

Even states here he's the 39th ranked WR ....so why would they pay him as a top 10?
    Money management 101

just don't complain during free agency when players the cardinals need signs elsewhere due to getting more $.

I hope Larry has 120 catches for 1200+ yards and 18 TD's, but even the most die hard kool aid drinking fan would agree he isn't that kind of receiver anymore. He's more of a 80 catch 800-900 yard and 6-10 TD guy at this point in his career. Shoot the teams facing the Cards didn't even put their best CB on Larry...they had their best CB covering Kirk.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
  9. DeAnna

DeAnna Just A Face in The Crowd

omg - I love Vizlas. I follow a bunch of them on Instagram. If I were to get a dog again, it would be a Vizla.

10. Dback Jon

Dback Jon Killer Snail Contributor

Vizlas can post to Instagram? Smart dogs!

daves and cardncubfan like this.
  11. Chopper0080

Chopper0080 Skeptical

As is stands today, at 11 mil, Larry would be the 19th highest paid WR for the 2019 season. That is per over the cap. You need to review what WRs are getting paid around the league. Doug Baldwin is scheduled to make 13.1 mil and Kenny Stills 9.75 mil.

12. BigRedRage

you are basing every ounce of your information on fitz having a bad year in a horrible systema nd overlooking that 9 times out of 10, that is a fluke year and he will be much better statistically in a more productive offense.

Cardiac likes this.
  13. Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa BIM™ Contributor

Fitz was horribly misused in the offense last season and at times was mysteriously NOT used in the offense. Needing one reception to break an all-time NFL record he wasn't even targeted in the first half of a game. Not his fault.

The previous three seasons he had over 100 receptions each season and led all receivers one year. Well worth every penny he is paid. Great locker room guy, mentor, and a terrific representative of the team on and off the field.

daves, AZ Native, Ronin and 1 other person like this.
  14. GuernseyCard

GuernseyCard Registered

Again, we (which excludes you) are not short of CAP space to meet our needs in Free Agency.

daves likes this.
  15. BigRedRage

weird, only one person thinks its a bad deal. he must be right.

Brian in Mesa, Ronin and Zeno like this.