Larry will return for his 16th season

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes he did and he has had a few bad drops every year. Still he is the best receiver we could have signed this year. Even this late in Larry's career I would still put him in the top 25 receivers in the NFL. I am very happy to see Larry back for another season. The thought of only having Kirk was a scary one. Now we have at least two guys that can catch the ball next season and i'm sure Keim will bring in at least two more guys to help out KK's offense.

Fitzgerald has 29 career drops on 2,111 targets. So, over a 15 year period he "has had a few bad drops every year"?

I don't think so.

:newcards:

BTW, he's had 37 career tackles. More tackles than drops. :)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First off your fractions are off. It’s not $11 of a $100 . More like $11 on $190. Your Chargers have enough to worry about. You have creeped to the edge of “trollism”. Bye bye.
Boys & Girls - It ain't our money.

Figuring out who makes the roster or #1 on the depth chart is hard enough. There's better ways to use of our time than getting all hairy over whether a dude is worth a gazillion dollars or merely several milion.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
this year was the first year I noticed him having drops.
I’ve been noticing his drops for a few years now but still it’s nothing compared to most receivers. I’ve only seen one other receiver in my life that had hands like Fitz and that was Jerry Rice.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I love Larry but if you think his hands are the same old you’re not paying attention. He had several crucial drops this year especially early ones you’de never see in the past.
Several?? It was less then 2 at the most

http://scores.nbcsports.com/fb/leaders.asp?range=NFC&type=Receiving&rank=232&year=
11 mil for Fitz or 8 mil for Tyrell Williams. That is the argument.
Both!! Do you think Williams can be had for $8 million?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do you even care? He's not going to the Chargers. You gave up on this team remember? You said something to the effect that you are going to root for a real team. Go find a Philip Rivers fan club or something.
Really. I'm trying to wonder why a Chargers and Rams fan spends so much time on our board.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Awesome news.

He still has the skills, and with the situation that the Cardinals are in at WR, he is an asset.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
As expected ....not a single word of PROOF of why Larry is worth the cap....and NO you can't 'create' cap space....only go into debt later ....like credit cards. The lack of intelligence of the statement that you can 'create cap' space has got to be one of the dumbest things I've heard....sounds like a kid who got a new credit card "LOOK THEY GAVE ME A FREE $500"

0 for 2 so far

He’s Larry F’ing Fitzgerald

There’s your proof

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I see Larry as almost a player/coach at this point. He wouldn’t be coming back if he wasn’t confident in management/ownership which is a glowing endorsement of this offseason so far. He could have easily had a job in the broadcasting booth. Worth every penny

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This does not surprise me at all. I would have been surprised if he did not since his play has still been productive the last few years and overall the guy has remained health... maybe catching all those Rice records might be out of reach, but he's close to a lot of other guys and this new offense will give that objective a boost

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m stoked for josh and the young wrs and Kingsbury to have Larry.

I’m stoked to watch him move into the #2 slot.

But to be selfishly honest I’m most stoked about the moment I pulled into my driveway after work earlier today to find our 8- and 7- year olds playing football with their mom in the front yard, and when I told them Fitz was coming back for another season the 7-year old starting jumping up and down with his fists in the air as he ran towards me and leapt into my arms for a celebratory hug yelling “YES! YES! YES!!!!” I will have that moment emblazoned in my memories for the rest of my life.

Welcome back Fitz. We love you for so many reasons.

Now here’s a picture of my 10-year old Weimaraner whose official AKC registered name is “Fitzgerald’s Great Super Bowl Catch” - we just call him “Fitz.” (The little one is our 1-year old Vizsla Ginger)

You must be registered for see images attach

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Field Yates

Source: Larry Fitzgerald’s new contract with the Cardinals includes a $4.85M signing bonus and $11M base salary. In his 16th NFL season, Fitz will earn nearly $16M.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks too high for me. Last year I thought it was just $11 Million

UPDATE: Add a $5 million bonus in 2018, he made $16 million last year also

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like 11 mil for him. 16 not so much. For what he has meant to this franchise over the years I’m not going to begrudge him the other 5 million. No wonder Larry is coming back. 16 million is a lot of clams.

And he'll still play better than most players play in a contract year. Guy goes all out all the time. Amazing to watch.