Larry Fitzgerald joins Monday Night Football team as studio analyst

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for him. He’s great on the radio. Hopefully great at this too.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I saw this and im mixed on it.
In order for this to work i think Larry needs to come out of his shell a little bit.
Ditch the quiet Mr Humility act and insert some excitement and pop into his analysis.

Soft spoken and humble is great when you cheer for a guy... but tv is about ratings and a more aggressive bordering on controversial persona is what will keep people tuning in rather than tuning out

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
In order for this to work i think Larry needs to come out of his shell a little bit.
Ditch the quiet Mr Humility act and insert some excitement and pop into his analysis.

Soft spoken and humble is great when you cheer for a guy... but tv is about ratings and a more aggressive bordering on controversial persona is what will keep people tuning in rather than tuning out
I agree that they need an outspoken persona on these shows, but Larry ain’t it. Everybody is a cheerleader now. Even Kiper doesn’t bash any draft picks anymore.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

Get Stephen A Smith to train him.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he would be outstanding as a color commentator. I think he is going to fine with this as well. But I never watch this show unless the Cards are playing MNF on the road.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was wondering when someone would make a thread on this.

He needs to slow his speech down. He talks way too fast when he's interviewed. At least IMO.

I think he'll be great as an analyst/color commentator though.