Landry Shamet traded to suns for Javon Carter and 29th pick

Finito

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nets don't agree, and I don't either.

Shamet really is not that great.

he’s a role player i don’t think anyone here is saying he’s a star or difference maker but yes he’s better than Reddick.

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Payne backs-up Paul... Shamet, I believe, would back-up Book.

I get that, and that's fine for the regular season.

I'm saying he is not good enough to give minutes to in the playoffs. We would play more minutes for our other 3 guards over letting him get time.

Only average and above players should see playoff minutes unless you have no other choice.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And? He is not coming in there to be Chris Paul. I am saying he adds flexibility at the guard position to help maintain leads when he is in there. Nobody is expecting him to dish out like CP3. By being able to play either that means you can sit Paul/Booker more often together and if Payne is completely off you have another option. That's what I mean by flexibility. He can give you a solid 15 to 20 MPG unlike Carter.

Shamet is a shooting guard so I'm glad you are not expecting him to replace Chris Paul.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shamet is a shooting guard so I'm glad you are not expecting him to replace Chris Paul.
You brought up his assists as if that was going to be his primary role. He is a shooting guard who also has played backup PG for stretches. In college he played a "point" position in his offense. Much like Booker you wouldn't want him spending too much time there but it's an option you don't have with Carter. He gives you flexibility. I wasn't suggesting his primary role was a backup PG.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I'm saying he is not good enough to give minutes to in the playoffs. We would play more minutes for our other 3 guards over letting him get time.

Only average and above players should see playoff minutes unless you have no other choice.
"Other 3 guards." YOu mean Chris Paul, Devin Booker and Cam Payne? I mean, that's not much of a stretch. He played in the playoffs this year, so I'm not sure what you are seeing that you hate so much.

And for Carter and the #29. Which one of those are you most upset we got rid of?

TJ

Bobby Sarvs
Reaction score
No room on this roster for two developmental players. Need contributors now.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Yet, averaged 16 mins per game this post-season...

Proximo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
"Other 3 guards." YOu mean Chris Paul, Devin Booker and Cam Payne? I mean, that's not much of a stretch. He played in the playoffs this year, so I'm not sure what you are seeing that you hate so much.

And for Carter and the #29. Which one of those are you most upset we got rid of?

I never said I hated it.

What I hate is that James Jones hates rookies. That will eventually screw this team.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
career 39.7%
Almost 40% when the league average was 36.7. Keeping in mind that is also with a league that has changed into a 3 point shooting league. 3% points doesn't seem like much but it really is over the course of a season. His numbers last season would have made him the 3rd best player on the team in 3 pointers made.

Mainstreet

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Suns thought Shamet could contribute more offensively than Carter and they traded the 29th pick for it. Carter is the better defensive player.