Lamarcus Aldridge

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had read somewhere that Boston's TPE is not quite enough to absorb Drummond's contract, but I cannot confirm that. Does anyone here know?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had read somewhere that Boston's TPE is not quite enough to absorb Drummond's contract, but I cannot confirm that. Does anyone here know?

Drummond makes $28,751,774. The Celtics trade exception is $28.5 million from the Gordon Hayard trade.

It's a little short.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I haven't researched the accuracy of this but I've read that the drop in minutes coincided with better team results. But that could be parttly about style of play rather than just a decline on LMA's part.

Ive read the same, ESPN I believe. Its style of play with the younger players playing at a quicker pace.

ESPN.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31041481/the-best-lamarcus-aldridge-trade-buyout-destinations

Simply, San Antonio has been better with the younger Jakob Poeltl in the middle. According to NBA Advanced Stats, the Spurs have outscored opponents by 7.1 points per 100 possessions with Poeltl on the court as compared to a minus-5.6 net rating with Aldridge, who has played exclusively at center this season. Granting that's partially a function of the strong San Antonio second unit, lineups featuring Poeltl with the team's other starters have performed much better than similar lineups with Aldridge.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ive read the same, ESPN I believe. Its style of play with the younger players playing at a quicker pace.

ESPN.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/31041481/the-best-lamarcus-aldridge-trade-buyout-destinations

I read it from a fan post on RGM right after the announcement that the Spurs were letting him go so I wasn't sure of the validity. It's good to know that it wasn't just one crazy fan spouting off.

JRakes

Reaction score
This post is aging well so far....Miami, Nets, Suns.....Let's see if no phone jones can land him...

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not sure if the Portland news is good for the Suns or bad. With how James Jones has been talking I'm not sure if he'd agree to give Aldridge any specific role or guarantee of playing time. I don't see how we couldn't use him somewhere around 15-20 minutes a night primarily as Ayton's backup but also sharing the floor with him and Saric some. I guess it depends on what sort of role Aldridge envisions for himself.

Miami trading away Olynyk opens space for him to potentially start there since he was their starting PF all season. Woj's prediction of Miami being his most likely destination makes sense.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He had his chance and signed with the enemy. Let him go play in China.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As much as I believe we need depth at the 4/5… Pass. We need somebody who can hold their own defensively and pound the boards.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson