LALALA HEY HEY Goodbye Lakers

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh the hypocracy in this thread, and generally in this forum.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know...given that the Suns had a first round boot this year, I for one, will not be talking any smack about the Lakers losing in the FINALS.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know...given that the Suns had a first round boot this year, I for one, will not be talking any smack about the Lakers losing in the FINALS.

Not only that. You have poster after poster complaining about Laker fans in a Suns forum, and yet over and over again, we have Suns fans creating threads about Laker fans in a trolling manner.

One of these days, people will get the point.

If you don't want Laker fans around defending their team, stop talking about their team in a trolling manner.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not only that. You have poster after poster complaining about Laker fans in a Suns forum, and yet over and over again, we have Suns fans creating threads about Laker fans in a trolling manner.

If you don't want Laker fans around defending their team, stop talking about their team in a trolling manner.
I figured thenumber34 was a Celtic fan. :shrug: Don't know nothin' 'bout him.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But wait, we will get the "They were in the finals, who else should we be talking about argument" which gives them all the more right to be here.

It sucks for me personally, because I hate the Lakers just underneath the Spurs now. The fact is, is that they have just as much of a right to be here as a Suns fan.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I figured thenumber34 was a Celtic fan. :shrug: Don't know nothin' 'bout him.

If he is.. He has every right to be here, but no right to complain when they are called out on this trollish behavior.

Thank God for the Cards.

I need to take another self-imposed break from here.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Trolling is an attempt to bait a poster into an argument. Ripping on a non-Suns team on a Suns message board is not trolling and is perfectly acceptable behavior. Conversely, If someone rips on the Suns on a Lakers message board somewhere, who cares? They can do it to their heart's content. If they do it here, however, it is trolling.

Calling out a specific poster whom is a Lakers fan would be considered trolling but that's generally not what happens to start the stupid back-and-forth threads.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trolling is an attempt to bait a poster into an argument. Ripping on a non-Suns team on a Suns message board is not trolling and is perfectly acceptable behavior. Conversely, If someone rips on the Suns on a Lakers message board somewhere, who cares? They can do it to their heart's content. If they do it here, however, it is trolling.

Calling out a specific poster whom is a Lakers fan would be considered trolling but that's generally not what happens to start the stupid back-and-forth threads.

:thumbup:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It's not that simple.

You got the definition right, but then contradict yourself in the very next sentence. Ripping on a non-Suns team on a Suns message board is trolling if the purpose is to bait a poster into an argument.

I'm not saying the Lakers fans should get a free pass. What I am saying, is that trolling = trolling, no matter what team you support. As long as you keep your posts civil and you debate the topic, and not the poster, we won't have the problems that we have been having here.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Quite interesting dynamics with so many LA Lakers fans who also happen to be regulars. It would be interesting to see how the Cardinals forum would react to a group of Seahawk fans who also happen to be Suns fans.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite interesting dynamics with so many LA Lakers fans who also happen to be regulars. It would be interesting to see how the Cardinals forum would react to a group of Seahawk fans who also happen to be Suns fans.

Migrating Osprey is a die hard Seahawk fan, and he posts here. Lorenzotexan is a Cowboys fan, I think. Nobody has issues with them. Probably because on the cards board nobody runs around hyperfocused on another team, posting 6 or 7 topics about the Cowboys or the Seahawks. There might be a couple, and there's some good natured smack talk, but nobody gets bent or xenophobic on the Cards section.

Joe L

The people's champ
Reaction score
Here is the difference:

Lakers & Celtics were the last 2 teams in the NBA. Any Fan of Basketball will continue watching and posting on the remaining series regardless of the fact that their team is out...that is what a fan does. It just so happens that this board has fans on 2 teams that hate each other and common sense tells you that the Suns fans are the majority and it only right that they would take offense to any Lakers fans here just on principle. Had the Lakers fallen early, all the hype of it all would have subsided and all would be good. That didn't happen and here we are. The Suns were able post anything they wanted becuase the Lakers were still in the race and relevant to discussion but in no way do I think it was malicious. That is what a fan does to a rival team in the same division, especially when they are still alive and is basically the only hot current event to talk about here. The ones that took offense where the Laker fans coming to the rescue to defend the team on an apposing teams message board...plain and simple. That is not trolling. Trolling is when you know the Suns fans are talking smack amongst themselves in their message board and then one comes in trying to defend every single derogatory statement a Sun's fan writes about the Lakers by putting down the Suns team down in the very same manner.

It's like snooping in my neighbor's yard and busting open the door and talking smack to them in their house because I overheard them talking about me behind closed doors...it doesn't make sense.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is the difference:

Lakers & Celtics were the last 2 teams in the NBA. Any Fan of Basketball will continue watching and posting on the remaining series regardless of the fact that their team is out...that is what a fan does. It just so happens that this board has fans on 2 teams that hate each other and common sense tells you that the Suns fans are the majority and it only right that they would take offense to any Lakers fans here just on principle. Had the Lakers fallen early, all the hype of it all would have subsided and all would be good. That didn't happen and here we are. The Suns were able post anything they wanted becuase the Lakers were still in the race and relevant to discussion but in no way do I think it was malicious. That is what a fan does to a rival team in the same division, especially when they are still alive and is basically the only hot current event to talk about here. The ones that took offense where the Laker fans coming to the rescue to defend the team on an apposing teams message board...plain and simple. That is not trolling. Trolling is when you know the Suns fans are talking smack amongst themselves in their message board and then one comes in trying to defend every single derogatory statement a Sun's fan writes about the Lakers by putting down the Suns team down in the very same manner.

It's like snooping in my neighbor's yard and busting open the door and talking smack to them in their house because I overheard them talking about me behind closed doors...it doesn't make sense.

So you are saying that trolling only happens between fans of the same team? Get real. Most of the posts that Laker fans have to deal with are trolling in nature, because Suns fans don't like Laker fans.

It's the same reason why the Suns board is filled with Spurs and Mavs fans when we play them too. It is something that we aren't supposed to tolerate in this forum (Suns), and yet the Suns forum is absolutely flooded. It's kinda like what you do to me, because I am an Obama guy. Although there is much more leniency in P&R than in the Suns forum. (or supposed to be)

I'm glad this thread ended up here.

Last edited:

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ SAY WHAT!?!?!

That sounds nothing like what Joe was trying to say.. But then again I almost always come away scratching my head after reading a DCR post..

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^ SAY WHAT!?!?!

That sounds nothing like what Joe was trying to say.. But then again I almost always come away scratching my head after reading a DCR post..

I might take offense to that, if it weren't coming from you.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats it? lol

Yep. It's funny coming from you. You have to give people a secret decoder ring before anyone can understand what you are trying to say.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. It's funny coming from you. You have to give people a secret decoder ring before anyone can understand what you are trying to say.

Ah.. So at least you acknowledge that when I say something its well thought out and can be translated by at least one person.. Unlike the drivle you post on here.. Its like you read a post completely wrong each and everytime then come up with some weird half baked response.. Nice job, keep up the good work..

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah.. So at least you acknowledge that when I say something its well thought out and can be translated by at least one person.. Unlike the drivle you post on here.. Its like you read a post completely wrong each and everytime then come up with some weird half baked response.. Nice job, keep up the good work..

yeah. The amount of insults that you throw at scores of people here must be so well thought out. :rolleyes:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinal Rule 1 said:
Repeatedly flaming, insulting and attempting to cause fights with other members will not be allowed and can result in a ban. Please be respectful to the board, both to the members and moderators.

The following activities will not be tolerated:

- Aggression or annoyance towards any member whether in forums or private messages. Debate the idea, don't attack the poster.

How on Earth is Gee! allowed to continue posting here?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How on Earth is Gee! allowed to continue posting here?

Becuase I said I dont understand anything DCR says? Your snitching (on your preceived violations) has risen to all time time.. Its just not manly..

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean ones like these?

If you consider that an insult, fine. There is a difference in my supposed "insult" and you flat out calling people crack babies.

Considering our past, I don't expect you to be friendly with me and vice versa. It's not just me that you have done this to, not including myself. I could start counting them up if you like.