LAL/GSW to face PHO

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I actually don't see why that's a big deal? They were going to foul anyways, they weren't going to let Curry get off a 3. Warriors fans are saying Davis held Steph and it should have been a dead ball foul 2 shots and the ball. I don't agree with that either, they COULD have called a foul but again it would not have been 3 shots.

I just think Steph hesitated because he though they were going to foul him and he was going to try and shoot if they did. That sort of gummed up the whole sequence and is likely why the refs didn't give the timeout right away they were confused by Curry stopping?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't know a guy on Warriors world said the same thing happened in the first half and the ball went in to Schroder and the refs let the play go. I don't have the game recorded and he didn't post video so I can't verify it.

My personal opinion is if that ball had gone to a Laker, they would NOT have stopped the play but I admit I'm biased
I think this generally happens a lot more than you might think. I have noticed the Suns fumbling the ball sometimes on inbounds plays. Usually nothing happens unless it is clear that the inbounder has control over the ball first.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this generally happens a lot more than you might think. I have noticed the Suns fumbling the ball sometimes on inbounds plays. Usually nothing happens unless it is clear that the inbounder has control over the ball first.

I agree but I think with those it's because he fumbles the ball out of bounds. It doesn't hit out of bounds it hits inbounds so it's not a violation it's just a throw in, or not.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I’d like to blame refs because they were trash. But, there were about 14 reasons in the second half The Warriors lost of their own volition. Pretty much all of them careless reasons. They choked.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
there is no franchise I could possibly hate more.

Seahawks? Yeah... I REALLY don’t like this team but the Cardinals have only been “rivals” with them for about seven years.
Rams? I dislike that they always kill our QB but I don’t have bile in my mouth just thinking about them.
Niners? Eh
Spurs? As much as I hate, I still respect the hell out of Pop too much and the fact that they built a dynasty in that ******** of a town.

But the Lakers? Hate isn’t even a strong enough word. Since the day I became a fan in 1988, they’ve more often than not stood in our way to get a title. In the years they beat us, they normally won the title. In the years they didn’t, we STILL couldn’t win a title. 33 years of them being better than us. Winning 7 titles. Going to the Finals more times than I even want to count. While I’ve seen us get to the Finals... once.

We are the Boston Red Sox to the Lakers Yankees. Guess Boston finally got over that at some point. Maybe we will too. But prob not this year.
I've been a suns fan since 1980. Witnessed them knock us out of the playoffs a bunch. As much as I loved the finals run, my happiest moment with this team was at the airport while they were beating them in 1990.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been a suns fan since 1980. Witnessed them knock us out of the playoffs a bunch. As much as I loved the finals run, my happiest moment with this team was at the airport while they were beating them in 1990.

one of mine was welcoming them back at the airport in 1993 having clawed back to a 2-2 series after blowing the first 2 games at home and getting them with a Game 5 win making the Westphaul Guarantee stick.

but the 1990 series was glorious. only my second year as a Suns fan at the age of 13. But even then, I HATED the Lakers after sweeping us in 1989.

man, I know you guys are tired of reading me say we have no chance, but I don't think there's a Suns fan on this forum who would be more elated to win this series than me.

screw it...

BEAT LA!

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
one of mine was welcoming them back at the airport in 1993 having clawed back to a 2-2 series after blowing the first 2 games at home and getting them with a Game 5 win making the Westphaul Guarantee stick.

but the 1990 series was glorious. only my second year as a Suns fan at the age of 13. But even then, I HATED the Lakers after sweeping us in 1989.

man, I know you guys are tired of reading me say we have no chance, but I don't think there's a Suns fan on this forum who would be more elated to win this series than me.

screw it...

BEAT LA!
Hey if we're going to be under dogs, then hopefully the team owns it. Might take some of the stress off game 1 and fire them up.

Plus we stood no chance in 90.

BEAT LA

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
apoglogies in advance for my obsession on this call but you guys know me by now (-:

Finally found a video of the inbounds play. how is this not either a violation or Warriors ball?

I hadn't seen the play before. To me that's a turnover. James had enough control of the ball to make a controlled shovel pass inbounds, and that was pretty clearly his intent. He just happened to botch it, but that's no different from a player losing his balance and stepping over the end line for a regular inbound.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

I was living in Boston then, without a television, and West Coast games finished late enough that I never got scores until the next morning. I remember walking to the corner newsstand, seeing the headline, and thinking, "Wow, really?"

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hadn't seen the play before. To me that's a turnover. James had enough control of the ball to make a controlled shovel pass inbounds, and that was pretty clearly his intent. He just happened to botch it, but that's no different from a player losing his balance and stepping over the end line for a regular inbound.

Live I thought that, and after seeing it pointed out the ref had started the 5 count I agree it should be a turnover.

Was a fairly significant point in the game too, Poole's 3 gave the Warriors the lead 96-95. If you assume Wiggins either scores or gets fouled and gets FT's there, it's 98-95(if he makes the FT's.). The Lakers failed to score and then Curry scored to make it 98-95, add in those 2 and it's 100-95. The Warriors finished the game with 2 points in the last 3:08 so those 2 points they might have gotten off that turnover could have been huge.

But if they'd not turned it over so much in the 3rd it wouldn't have mattered

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Live I thought that, and after seeing it pointed out the ref had started the 5 count I agree it should be a turnover.

Was a fairly significant point in the game too, Poole's 3 gave the Warriors the lead 96-95. If you assume Wiggins either scores or gets fouled and gets FT's there, it's 98-95(if he makes the FT's.). The Lakers failed to score and then Curry scored to make it 98-95, add in those 2 and it's 100-95. The Warriors finished the game with 2 points in the last 3:08 so those 2 points they might have gotten off that turnover could have been huge.

But if they'd not turned it over so much in the 3rd it wouldn't have mattered
It was definitely a turnover. I was miffed at the refs on that inbounds. I think the entire neighborhood heard me shrieking, “CALL TIMEOUT!!!!” over and over again on that last possession.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
They haven't been all healthy and playing together in a couple months. AD and LeBron are also still working their way all the way back into game shape. Yes all the players are back, but that doesn't mean they are firing on all cylinders.
No faith in their own team...Suns in 6. :cool:
Played out similarly to what I expected.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Couldn’t be happier to be proven 1000% wrong!
Agreed. But by game two you and I had already acknowledged this. It was obvious if we had Paul at full speed we would have absolutely crushed this lakers squad.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I too wanted to avoid the Lakers in the first round. Props to those who said "Any time. Any place. Anybody". Even with AD's injury, that is a HUGE first notch in the belt.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad was la over warriors steph was smoking hot scoring and younger than la

Rise up to den they are beatable and lmfao at fans prediction at a Nuggets sweep hahaha might be the opposite

Go suns vs den epic godly unreal turn around

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson