Lakers trade point guard Lonzo Ball to the Suns for (....)

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That would be a horrible trade , why did they not offer tj instead he's the one that doesn't fit their team and lonzo is not worth that high of a pick let alone that pick and JJ

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That would be a horrible trade , why did they not offer tj instead he's the one that doesn't fit their team and lonzo is not worth that high of a pick let alone that pick and JJ

People are saying they want our 1 but Im not doing that it's to much for ball no thanks

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’m guessing nothing happens because New Orleans will wait till the summer. Doesn’t mean I won’t be refreshing Woj/Shams like a mad men these next few days.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
they were talking on the radio today about how the suns would have picked Ball #1 overall.

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
they were talking on the radio today about how the suns would have picked Ball #1 overall.

Ya and I wanted Sam Bowie also #1 lol.... I am sure the Suns would put Ball much lower now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, Gambo and others said that at the time. Don't know if it's accurate, but that was the rumor.

Raze

Suns fan since '89
Reaction score
I've got some numbers for you.

38%. 31%. 44%.

That's Ball's FG%, 3Pt%, and FT% respectively. Please re look at that last stat. It isn't a joke. Name a worse FT shooting G in the history of time. He's awful. Truly awful. This just screams that the guy has no work ethic. I mean geez Lonzo, where the heck is your pride?

That's the number of games he missed last year alone. Now he's going to miss a bunch more this year. He's predictably injury prone with his skinny frame and horrific fundamentals. His knees won't last under the duress he puts them under with that disgusting shot. Expect a ton of games missed per year from him.

That's how much heart I see out of him. He carries the confidence of a 13 year old girl going to her first dance. You can ACTUALLY see his nerves on the court. He's visibly shaken by normal games in normal situations.

That's the highest draft pick I'd be willing to give up for this circus act. To even hint that JJ is involved is preposterous unless they're giving us a heck of lot more than Ball.

That's how many weeks that it will take before everyone is tired of his dad's sideshow.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Gambo and others said that at the time. Don't know if it's accurate, but that was the rumor.

I don’t buy it. Ayton was always their guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Why? Disappointed makes sense but why pissed? We need a point guard desperately and we don't really have a place for TJ. Is Ball the answer? Nobody knows. But getting a 21 year old that excels at some aspects of the game for a player we really don't need and some cap space we probably can't take advantage of makes sense to me. Unless, of course, we have a better option in mind that is priced similarly. And if that's the case, I'd go that way just to avoid the possibility of Lavar.

20 ppg scorer who just improved his 3 point shot on a reasonable contract. Give away one of the other wings like JJ or Oubre.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was the year we got Josh Jackson and the rumor was we'd take Ball over anyone else

Duh....what was I thinking? I keep forgetting Ball has been sucking at shooting for more than one season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Lonzo is a better 3pt shooter than JJ but he needs to fix his FT. It’s very odd considering he was respectable solid at the line in college. Have you seen anything in his release that’s different from UCLA or is it too ugly to decipher? @Russ Smith

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20 ppg scorer who just improved his 3 point shot on a reasonable contract. Give away one of the other wings like JJ or Oubre.

A 20 point scorer that gives you nothing else and is easily shut down by a single defender. He'd be a nice role player off the bench but JJ and Oubre fill up a lot more categories than TJ ever will. Some of those categories are negatives so it isn't a clear cut victory for them but still, they make things happen and so far, they aren't injury prone as TJ has been throughout his NBA career.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
Wow deadspin has a new article from about 20 minutes ago basically saying JJ oubre and bridges are all laughably worse than lonzo, it said the sun's should offer a couple of them and picks ! What a joke!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wrap my head around the idea we'd trade JJ plus whatever for Ball. I'm still hoping that the reports are nothing but unfounded rumors but it's worrisome nonetheless. I wanted Ball when I thought he was being priced on his performance to date rather than his draft spot but if that's not the case, we really need to stay away from him. If he's cheap, I'm interested, but if we're going to give away real value it needs to be for someone like Holiday.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This trade would be much easier to make had we had the Miami pick still

Yes but I'd rather have Bridges and I'm not sure I'd give up a player plus the Miami pick for a PG that has yet to show he can be effective in the half court game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson