Lakers trade point guard Lonzo Ball to the Suns for (....)

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, if they really offered that - that will be the deal. Pelicans are just seeing how desperate the Lakers are.

If they accept the deal, the question becomes who does NO cut or trade because there can't be that big of a disparity between incoming and outgoing players.

I'd imagine they'd probably want to turn some of the players into future assets or work a larger trade where some their players are routed elsewhere to open up the needed roster spots.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The key acquisitions for the Pelicans in the proposed trade above is Kuzma, Ingram and Hart.

A couple of first round picks are always good to have.

They will probably trade Ball for a first round pick or a player. That's more assets.

Losing Solomon Hill's contract equates to first round pick value.

KCP and Zubac will become free agents this summer are mostly filler. Zubac would be nice to keep though.

Conclusion: Overall I think it's a nice trade for the Pelicans since Anthony Davis will likely sit out the rest of the season if he is not traded.

I can't see the Pelicans wanting to risk an injury by playing him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they give up JJ for Ball I will boycott NBA for at least a year and just watch NFL. Right now I don't have time for both so I'm watching the miserable/talented Suns.

Hopefully the Suns front office listened to Lavar Ball's interview today and will not do anything stupid.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Lavar feels that way about Walton (said he had a loser mentality), he's going to love Igor.

Lavar is looking for a coach that will let Lonzo play significant minutes. He feels Lonzo can turn around the Suns given playing time. If Igor doesn't interfere, I don't think he cares who the coach is.

Errntknght

Reaction score
If the Lakers - Pels trade goes through, the latter will have to shed some players. We might look to pickup PG Tim Frazier from the Pels for a reasonable price. He's not Jrue Holiday, but he offers something we need - he gets the same number of assists as Jrue, but has 1/3 less TO's, on a career basis. Career Ast/TO ratio 3.0 and 3.3 the last three seasons. He's a decent rebounder (slightly ahead of Jrue) 5.2/36, which we can use. His 3pt % = .364 this year, up from prior years on 3.2 attpt/36. Low volume scorer, about 10pts/36. His RPM ranking is 58th / 96. Some comparison RPM rankings Tony Parker 59, Trey Burke 60, TJMcConnell 67, Kris Dunn 72, SGA 76, DennisSmithJr 78,
MarkelleFultz 80. He is in his 5th nba season.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If the Lakers - Pels trade goes through, the latter will have to shed some players. We might look to pickup PG Tim Frazier from the Pels for a reasonable price. He's not Jrue Holiday, but he offers something we need - he gets the same number of assists as Jrue, but has 1/3 less TO's, on a career basis. Career Ast/TO ratio 3.0 and 3.3 the last three seasons. He's a decent rebounder (slightly ahead of Jrue) 5.2/36, which we can use. His 3pt % = .364 this year, up from prior years on 3.2 attpt/36. Low volume scorer, about 10pts/36. His RPM ranking is 58th / 96. Some comparison RPM rankings Tony Parker 59, Trey Burke 60, TJMcConnell 67, Kris Dunn 72, SGA 76, DennisSmithJr 78,
MarkelleFultz 80. He is in his 5th nba season.

I would prefer we acquire an actual starting point guard rather than continuing to bring in third stringers.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lavar is looking for a coach that will let Lonzo play significant minutes. He feels Lonzo can turn around the Suns given playing time. If Igor doesn't interfere, I don't think he cares who the coach is.

I suspect unless Lonzo is looking like an MVP that LaVar is going to trash their coach, no matter who they are.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The way to handle LaVar is just to ignore him. Lonzo does.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I suspect unless Lonzo is looking like an MVP that LaVar is going to trash their coach, no matter who they are.

This sounds right. For Igor though, with the Suns losing, there may not be much downside.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sounds right. For Igor though, with the Suns losing, there may not be much downside.

Lonzo in no way shape or form turns the Suns around. LaVar will be TALKING....CONSTANTLY....NONE STOP. Chalkboard scratching stuff.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Interesting to look back at this. Lonzo has played extremely well since the all-star break, shooting 47% from 3 (38% on the year with 6.5 attempts per).

Also, a big concern was his dad and as far as I know, Lavar has not been a factor at all.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting to look back at this. Lonzo has played extremely well since the all-star break, shooting 47% from 3 (38% on the year with 6.5 attempts per).

Also, a big concern was his dad and as far as I know, Lavar has not been a factor at all.

Nothing has changed for me. Ball 96th in scoring, 54th in rebounding and 11th in assists. Rubio 89th in scoring, 104th in rebounding, 3rd in assists. Rubio's PER is higher too.

We have not missed out on anything. In terms of LaVar I don't think anybody said he would be a factor. We would have to listen to him all over the local media like a virus with a bullhorn glued to his mouth.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Can you imagine having a pg who can shoot 3's at a good % next to Booker.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Nothing has changed for me. Ball 96th in scoring, 54th in rebounding and 11th in assists. Rubio 89th in scoring, 104th in rebounding, 3rd in assists. Rubio's PER is higher too.

We have not missed out on anything. In terms of LaVar I don't think anybody said he would be a factor. We would have to listen to him all over the local media like a virus with a bullhorn glued to his mouth.
I am mostly positive with Rubio, despite his shooting troubles, but Lonzo was an opportunity to buy (relatively) low on a young player with a similar timeline as the rest of the core and room to grow. Granted, his upside looked low with how broken his shot was-and his FT % is still horrible-but I would absolutely take Ball now.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I am mostly positive with Rubio, despite his shooting troubles, but Lonzo was an opportunity to buy (relatively) low on a young player with a similar timeline as the rest of the core and room to grow. Granted, his upside looked low with how broken his shot was-and his FT % is still horrible-but I would absolutely take Ball now.
I think sparring with Robert Sarver would bring Daddy Ball back to life.

Can you imagine those two egomaniacs going against each other?

Phoenix would become the entertainment center of the world.

Hopefully, they would knock each other into unconsciousness.

:hammer:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think sparring with Robert Sarver would bring Daddy Ball back to life.

Can you imagine those two egomaniacs going against each other?

Phoenix would become the entertainment center of the world.

Hopefully, they would knock each other into unconsciousness.

:hammer:

I would take a seriously long break from Suns basketball.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose