Lakers @ Suns Tuesday game thread 11-22-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Anthony Davis should rethink his position.

I'd be worried about my back if I were playing for the Lakers and not from opponents.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I remember that headbutt by Patrick Beverley. Devin Booker's nose was broken in three places.

95pro

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Absurd that he makes that much considering what he actually provides in basketball numbers and also the kind of crap he does and sometimes is allowed to do

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA failing AGAIN. It would be one thing if this was not a pattern of behavior but it is. Should have been for minimum of 10 games.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NBA failing AGAIN. It would be one thing if this was not a pattern of behavior but it is. Should have been for minimum of 10 games.

I wanted Beverley to be suspended 5 games but a 3 game suspension is a step in the right direction.

It lays the groundwork for him to be suspended 5-10 games if it happens again.

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
U They don’t call that a travel on a star
NPZ wpH NC
Yeah, Bridges has developed as a scorer when the Suns need points.
B, b
I remember that headbutt by Patrick Beverley. Devin Booker's nose was broken in three places.

Man I forgot about this. Beverly has issues wth Suns players. Those cheap shot pushes to the backs of Ayton & CP3 and head butt to Booker's face. Yeah he needs more punishment than 3 games suspension. He needs a lession to remember no doubt about it.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NPZ wpH NC

B, b

Man I forgot about this. Beverly has issues wth Suns players. Those cheap shot pushes to the backs of Ayton & CP3 and head butt to Booker's face. Yeah he needs more punishment than 3 games suspension. He needs a lession to remember no doubt about it.

Yes, a three game suspension is not enough but it is two more games than I thought Beverley would get, so it's a start.

He was only suspended one game for pushing Chris Paul in the back.

I'm not into enforcers but if Beverley ever messed with Okogie, I think he would regret it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, a three game suspension is not enough but it is two more games than I thought Beverley would get, so it's a start.

He was only suspended one game for pushing Chris Paul in the back.

I'm not into enforcers but if Beverley ever messed with Okogie, I think he would regret it.
The problem is, Beverley is usually pretty good at creating a little doubt as to intent on his cheap shots (such as the head butting that he's used and got away with on Devin and other players). And yeah, 3 Games is a step in the right direction. For most players, a blindsided charge like that would have just been a one game suspension.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is, Beverley is usually pretty good at creating a little doubt as to intent on his cheap shots (such as the head butting that he's used and got away with on Devin and other players). And yeah, 3 Games is a step in the right direction. For most players, a blindsided charge like that would have just been a one game suspension.

Personally, I don't think Beverley deserves the benefit of the doubt when he commits a foul resembling a flagrant foul.

That ship should have sailed long ago. IMO, the NBA has been much too lenient with him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think Beverley deserves the benefit of the doubt when he commits a foul resembling a flagrant foul.

That ship should have sailed long ago. IMO, the NBA has been much too lenient with him.
I don't disagree but the league has a fairly powerful players association to deal with so they have to cover their bases. Beverley is now clearly a repeat defender so they probably have more latitude to work with.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree but the league has a fairly powerful players association to deal with so they have to cover their bases. Beverley is now clearly a repeat defender so they probably have more latitude to work with.

I see it a much easier jump to a 5 game suspension, if Beverley does something similar again. As you note, he is a repeat offender.

I believe the players association has bigger battles they want to fight.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Crazy part is all the advantages went to the Lakers...didn't they get 2 ft and the ball? Coulda been a 5 point play ..we need to be doing this crap for so FT and the ball

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted Beverley to be suspended 5 games but a 3 game suspension is a step in the right direction.

It lays the groundwork for him to be suspended 5-10 games if it happens again.
No it's not. It's treading water. He has a reputation. This is just incident after incident. The NBA has been laying the "groundwork" for some time already.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Records are stupid now days.
Oh Boy Pat Beverly becomes the first and youngest player to be ejected from a game while wearing panties and a *********.
Who TF cares.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Yeah, but the thing is that the Lakers are irrelevant and this is just another game to win. You say who cares about Ayton; I say who cares about the Lakers. It hasn't been personal in years.
Disregarding that Ayton has played like a man the last few games (I mean wow) the rivalry is still there for me, right at the top of the list below Dallas, Milwaukee and Golden State. Those are more short term rivals. Lakers is an old enemy you love to hate no matter how they are doing.

angelofthesouth

Veteran
Reaction score
Disregarding that Ayton has played like a man the last few games (I mean wow) the rivalry is still there for me, right at the top of the list below Dallas, Milwaukee and Golden State. Those are more short term rivals. Lakers is an old enemy you love to hate no matter how they are doing.
Not anymore. Sometime between Kobe Bryant's retirement and his death, I changed my perspective on the Lakers; you may say the Lakers and I "came to an understanding." The Lakers display particularly well the NBA's values of money, fame and shallow glamor. They're what other NBA teams and players usually want to be. They're simply more in your-face about it. The late Kobe Bryant absolutely exemplified this. I have learned to appreciate the directness, bluntness and honesty of his particular arrogance and egotism. He was less hypocritical than, say, Michael Jordan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccw24