Lakers @ Suns Tuesday game thread 11-22-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is, Beverley is usually pretty good at creating a little doubt as to intent on his cheap shots (such as the head butting that he's used and got away with on Devin and other players). And yeah, 3 Games is a step in the right direction. For most players, a blindsided charge like that would have just been a one game suspension.

Personally, I don't think Beverley deserves the benefit of the doubt when he commits a foul resembling a flagrant foul.

That ship should have sailed long ago. IMO, the NBA has been much too lenient with him.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Personally, I don't think Beverley deserves the benefit of the doubt when he commits a foul resembling a flagrant foul.

That ship should have sailed long ago. IMO, the NBA has been much too lenient with him.
I don't disagree but the league has a fairly powerful players association to deal with so they have to cover their bases. Beverley is now clearly a repeat defender so they probably have more latitude to work with.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree but the league has a fairly powerful players association to deal with so they have to cover their bases. Beverley is now clearly a repeat defender so they probably have more latitude to work with.

I see it a much easier jump to a 5 game suspension, if Beverley does something similar again. As you note, he is a repeat offender.

I believe the players association has bigger battles they want to fight.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Crazy part is all the advantages went to the Lakers...didn't they get 2 ft and the ball? Coulda been a 5 point play ..we need to be doing this crap for so FT and the ball

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wanted Beverley to be suspended 5 games but a 3 game suspension is a step in the right direction.

It lays the groundwork for him to be suspended 5-10 games if it happens again.
No it's not. It's treading water. He has a reputation. This is just incident after incident. The NBA has been laying the "groundwork" for some time already.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Records are stupid now days.
Oh Boy Pat Beverly becomes the first and youngest player to be ejected from a game while wearing panties and a *********.
Who TF cares.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Yeah, but the thing is that the Lakers are irrelevant and this is just another game to win. You say who cares about Ayton; I say who cares about the Lakers. It hasn't been personal in years.
Disregarding that Ayton has played like a man the last few games (I mean wow) the rivalry is still there for me, right at the top of the list below Dallas, Milwaukee and Golden State. Those are more short term rivals. Lakers is an old enemy you love to hate no matter how they are doing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose