Lakers @ Suns Sunday game thread 3-13-2022

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My favorite moment of the game was when LeBron drove the lane and Crowder just flat out ripped the ball out of his hands, just flat out bullied him.

We own this trash ass Laker team.
Cherry on top was LeBron not even getting back on D after the strip. His lack of effort on getting back has to be super frustrating for his team since he'll still put up his numbers and throw everyone else under the bus because of it.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

In the FIRST QUARTER he had already given up. This season has broken LeBron.
Yeah he's been playing like that for several weeks now. It's just about the stats now, nothing else matters for him. He even forces the coach to put him back in when they're being blown out and the other team is playing their scrubs so he can exploit the matchups.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah he's been playing like that for several weeks now. It's just about the stats now, nothing else matters for him. He even forces the coach to put him back in when they're being blown out and the other team is playing their scrubs so he can exploit the matchups.

Yeah.

He played 40 minutes tonight in a game they trailed by 20-30 points for almost its entirety.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah.

He played 40 minutes tonight in a game they trailed by 20-30 points for almost its entirety.
Yep and got his 30 points so it's all good. Sure they closed the gap and forced Siakam and the other starters to return but that game was never really in doubt despite his 40 minutes.

He did something similar against us the game before last (IIRC). We got up big, pulled our starters and then he and the bench guys dominated our scrubs and forced our starters back onto the court. And again, the game was never really in doubt. But at least it pads his stats and helps his plus/minus.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep and got his 30 points so it's all good. Sure they closed the gap and forced Siakam and the other starters to return but that game was never really in doubt despite his 40 minutes.

He did something similar against us the game before last (IIRC). We got up big, pulled our starters and then he and the bench guys dominated our scrubs and forced our starters back onto the court. And again, the game was never really in doubt. But at least it pads his stats and helps his plus/minus.

Can you imagine if a player was that lackadaisical on the Suns? Ayton gets crucified here any time he doesn't bust his ass, and even in the entirety of his worst nights he doesn't do anything as absent as LeBron in that brief clip.

I suppose the earlier garbage time begins then the easier it will be to rack up monster garbage time numbers. The Lakers trailed 30-6 in the first, that is game over already. I saw clips of LeBron slamming the ball and yelling at teammates after that point, but the ship was out to sea, I am sure LeBron was as lazy as everyone when they initially fell behind.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Can you imagine if a player was that lackadaisical on the Suns? Ayton gets crucified here any time he doesn't bust his ass, and even in the entirety of his worst nights he doesn't do anything as absent as LeBron in that brief clip.

I suppose the earlier garbage time begins then the easier it will be to rack up monster garbage time numbers. The Lakers trailed 30-6 in the first, that is game over already. I saw clips of LeBron slamming the ball and yelling at teammates after that point, but the ship was out to sea, I am sure LeBron was as lazy as everyone when they initially fell behind.
He was complaining about the team not securing a defensive rebound when it was his man that got the rebound. He is a hypocrite at this point and I doubt his teammates take his yelling too seriously.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was complaining about the team not securing a defensive rebound when it was his man that got the rebound. He is a hypocrite at this point and I doubt his teammates take his yelling too seriously.

Lebron should have gone back to Cleveland. It would make a better ending.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gilbert has his title I doubt he’d want Lebron and all that comes with it. Plus you’d have to waist a roster spot on his kid.

It would make a nice ending. A 15th spot on the roster is a small price to pay for his son. Now Lebron's salary is another issue.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would make a nice ending. A 15th spot on the roster is a small price to pay for his son. Now Lebron's salary is another issue.
For the right team, maybe, but not for Cleveland. They have a great thing going there and they're going to be real contenders soon. Adding Lebron could destroy their chemistry and would be a huge distraction.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the right team, maybe, but not for Cleveland. They have a great thing going there and they're going to be real contenders soon. Adding Lebron could destroy their chemistry and would be a huge distraction.

I was trying to write a story book ending for Lebron's career more than what is likely to happen.

Taking on Brony should be a small price for any team interested in Lebron.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I was trying to write a story book ending to Lebron's career more than what is likely to happen.

Taking on Brony should be a small price for any team interested in Lebron.
At todays salaries, I find it funny that you would consider it a “small price”.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At todays salaries, I find it funny that you would consider it a “small price”.

I was referring to Brony. He may not even be drafted in the first round.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was referring to Brony. He may not even be drafted in the first round.

At this rate he won’t. He’s honestly just not special at anything and he’s only 6’2/6’3

If he wasn’t Lebron James son he wouldn’t even be on the radar

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this rate he won’t. He’s honestly just not special at anything and he’s only 6’2/6’3

If he wasn’t Lebron James son he wouldn’t even be on the radar

Yeah, I think any team that is willing to pay Lebron is likely not going to worry about the price tag on Brony.

NBA teams will already know they want to play together.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose