Lakers @ Suns Monday game thread 12-19-2022

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okogie has what is described as a hip issue.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Beverley injures someone watch for a set of car keys to come flying at his head, they’ll be mine.
Ha!

Nice to see CP3 regaining his shooting touch the more his legs get under him.

Would love to see Book healthy for the Xmas day showdown. My tribe is gonna need something to watch that night over that dreadful Cardinals Bucs stinker on at the same time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good win. Didn’t get trapped by the poor talent of the lakers. Paul looked terrific. Ayton didn’t seem particularly active but he produced. Thought bridges was going to turtle for awhile but he recovered. Damion Lee continues to impress.

The lineup up of okogie, Lee, bridges, wainwright, and biyombo is so freaking to watch. I realize our roster is limited right now, but as good as that lineup is defensively it just can’t score.

And great 360 okogie. Lol.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching this one live, I have only 2 new takeaways... both positive.

The Lakers are bad, and they don't really seem to care that they're bad. Davis and LeBron were right there on the bench and were less involved that courtside fans.

Also, I'm not at all worried about Ayton's commitment, he seems more engaged than he was last year. He is constantly chattering it up with his teammates, he and Monty had convos repeatedly, guy looks like he is all in. Whatever distaste may have come from the contract stalemate seems to have come and gone.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm not sure how I feel about Ayton only getting 1 rebound in the 2nd half.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Carry the message, Monty. There are people who are wrongfully incarcerated.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mikal, careful with Cam Johnson's jacket. Cam looking like he could play soon.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Lakers are even more superstar-dependent than the Suns; and so with none available but the washed-up ex-superstar Russell Westbrook, the Lakers were so bad in that game that their performance basically padded the stats of all the Suns players. I thought Ayton's performance was acceptable but, as the kids say, "meh." Same thing for Paul and Bridges, really: good enough and that is all. The Lakers' non-star players are un-interesting. Chris Paul...I was just thinking that at this point in his career, he is the point guard equivalent of Tim Duncan: bland but he is surely the best technician the Suns have ever had to lead them. (If you knew what I think about Tim Duncan, you'd know I was complimenting Paul.)

This was just a win, and probably would have had limited entertainment value had I been able to watch. Fine.
Jesus. This is why we can't have nice things.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jesus. This is why we can't have nice things.
yeah... I was fine with us getting a little help injuries wise and recouping some games we lost when we were decimated. That NO win has gotten a little pep back in my step and I'm looking forward to big time back to back matchups against the Grizz and Nuggets to use as measuring sticks to see where we are at this point, with hopefully Cam on the horizon by the end of next month.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Looks like the Clippers game did get us back up and going. Like I said every game matters

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Clippers game did get us back up and going. Like I said every game matters
Maybe but personally I think it's Covid. IMO it's been running rampant throughout the league and is contributing to some very unusual 5 or 6 game stretches. I think we've seen it run through Milwaukee, Boston, Memphis, Golden State, Phoenix, Utah, Dallas, New Orleans, Cleveland and so on and we'll keep seeing it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose