Lakers @ Suns 3-2-19

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right...all those oh-so-suck-cessful years in Cleveland, followed by him fleeing to find some better players. Now he takes more plays off than otherwise.

On the radio pre-game, Tim Ring interviewed John Mason, who is a part of the Laker's broadcast team from whatever station there. Tim asked him about potential moves, and Ireland had an interesting response. He said, "Tim, some day I will show you a lengthy email from my station manager remind me that, as an employee of the Lakers, I am not allowed to comment on the contract status of any player or executive."

Makes me wonder is Lamebadoro has gotten a similar email.

John Mason works for TWC/Spectrum so it's no surprise that he's not allowed to say bad things about Spectrum's cash cow. Gambo has to watch what he says to a certain extent but it has more to do with driving key potential interviewees away.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Oops, I mixed up Mason & Ireland. I had to live in L.A. for a month once and would either listen to their show. It was far better than the Loose Cannons on KLAC with Hartmann, Bahama Mikey, and Vic the Brick.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oops, I mixed up Mason & Ireland. I had to live in L.A. for a month once and would either listen to their show. It was far better than the Loose Cannons on KLAC with Hartmann, Bahama Mikey, and Vic the Brick.

I mix them up all the time.

I used to be a fan of the Loose Cannons but that was back when Hartmann was paired with Chet Forte (late 80's-90's). If you ever wanted some So Cal trivia (UCLA especially), Hartman is the the guy to talk to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave