Lakers Go Down Again

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Houston and the L.A. Clippers are battling back and forth almost halfway through the fourth quarter. Last I checked the Clippers were up 90-89. Go Clips!

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
And with that win, Houston becomes the #8 playoff team and we are out of the playoffs for the first time this season.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Go

Originally posted by Chaplin
And with that win, Houston becomes the #8 playoff team and we are out of the playoffs for the first time this season.

I thought we were out of it earlier too. A week or so ago we were out weren't we?

adam
________
Marijuana Card

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
I thought we were out of it earlier too. A week or so ago we were out weren't we?

adam

Yes you were.

OP
OP
SirStefan32

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I think you are right Adam. Suns were out of playoffs for a day or two. They have to get it done against the Kings tommorow.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Originally posted by SirStefan32
I think you are right Adam. Suns were out of playoffs for a day or two.

That is not correct. Before tonight's games, we were still in 8th place, 15 games back from the #1 team. Houston was 15 1/2. After their win tonight and since we didn't play, Houston gained a half game, so they are also at 15. Houston owns the series this year from us, so they are now ahead of us--which is 8th place in the West. This is the first time all season we have been out of the playoff standings.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
At the end of play on Monday 2/24, the Suns were in 9th. They had a record of 30-27, Houston had a record of 30-26, and the usual seven clubs were ahead of both. The next day, Houston lost, so the teams were tied for the 8th spot. Then the Suns retook the 8th spot with their win in Milwaukee, and they had held it until tonight.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Well, I admit I'm wrong, but it's so good that you guys go to such pains to prove me wrong. (but certainly not surprising)

Way to go! :D :p

(Sorry, forgot the smileys)

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I brought it up only because someone asked. I don't care who was wrong or right about it. If someone wants information, I have it, and other people aren't providing it, I'll usually do what I can.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chaplin
Well, I admit I'm wrong, but it's so good that you guys go to such pains to prove me wrong. (but certainly not surprising)

Way to go! :D :p

(Sorry, forgot the smileys)

It's not about going to such pains, etc.

Perhaps you missed a previous post of mine...

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5765

With all of the talk about LA possibly missing the playoffs, I had to put up a post when they got in and the Suns dropped out, if only for a short time. :D

I still feel the same way...imagine your team with yet another lottery pick...

OP
OP
SirStefan32

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Imagine Carmelo Anthony or Darko Milicic playing alongside Marbury, Marion, Stoudemire and Penny. SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The question is- how to move to the 3rd pick?

Brian, why do the Lakers stop playing defense on the road?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
With all of the talk about LA possibly missing the playoffs, I had to put up a post when they got in and the Suns dropped out, if only for a short time.

Heh!

Just for the record, I believed all along that the Clippers would make the playoffs. Oh, wait, did you mean a different L.A. team? I haven't thought about them much this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson