Lack of Confidence

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is silly. Matt Rhule just signed an 8 year, $74m contract.

Matt Rhule. Who was 11-27 in the NFL.

Kliff would get a college HC job in the blink of an eye. He would be at the top of most programmes list of candidates.

Keim no, but he'd get an Assistant GM job easy enough. Plus his money is nothing anyway.
Rhule was a successful college coach and built a couple programs. Kliff would have been happy to be an offensive coordinator here or USC but Keim and Michael had to go galaxy-brain.

Would Keim get some make work job in Tampa Bay? Maybe, but it’s hard to imagine where else he could go where he’d be respected.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
This is silly. Matt Rhule just signed an 8 year, $74m contract.

Matt Rhule. Who was 11-27 in the NFL.

Kliff would get a college HC job in the blink of an eye. He would be at the top of most programmes list of candidates.

Keim no, but he'd get an Assistant GM job easy enough. Plus his money is nothing anyway.
No chance, Kliff was laughed out of the college HC ranks.

This is one of the mot insane posts I've seen on this board to be honest

Last edited:

NWMike

Rookie
Reaction score
If you’re Keim or Kliff though why would you rush to get a new gig when you’re getting paid already? Kliff will take a job. I think at best he is an OC but now he can be picky. Keim I’m not sure about. Would he really accept a step down back to asst GM or head of pro personnel?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If you’re Keim or Kliff though why would you rush to get a new gig when you’re getting paid already? Kliff will take a job. I think at best he is an OC but now he can be picky. Keim I’m not sure about. Would he really accept a step down back to asst GM or head of pro personnel?
Out of sight , out of mind.

I don’t think Keim wants to drive around the mid Atlantic scouting ACC prospects anymore, but I doubt he has the credibility to do so for many folks anyway.

I’ll look up what’s happened to the past few Execs of the Year who have been flushed down the toilet. I assume they all limped back to the Eagles and Pats front offices from which they came.

Kliff would probably be happier as the OC of Notre Dame (Scottsdale) for a few years.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Kliff ain’t leaving Scottsdale, he’ll take a broadcasting gig and live off his $50M

I would bet Keim gets re-assigned somewhere in the organization if gets let go which I highly doubt.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
With all due respect Harry if they handed that ball off to Conner he's hit 2 yards in the backfield by Van Noy. He might have been able to break the tackle he often does but Kyler absolutely made the right read there.

again that play is a easy first down to Maxx if Maxx didn't fall down. Maxx came off the LOS and he was the one that was supposed to chip or block Van Noy but he missed. I assume because of that he realized I better get open because he's NOT going to hand it off but in doing so he lost his balance, went down and by the time he was up, Kyler was completely off that side and trying to get Hop to take off. Hollywood isn't even running a play he's blocking because he knows the other option on the RPO is the screen to McBride.

That's why Kyler said schematically we were hosed.
I get what your saying but as I looked at it the Chargers they had more rushers on the side Murray ran to than the Cards had blockers. I’d think Connor is more likely to break tackles than Murray. If he wanted to run it Murray should have audibled to a shotgun formation giving himself more room to maneuver.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kliff ain’t leaving Scottsdale, he’ll take a broadcasting gig and live off his $50M

I would bet Keim gets re-assigned somewhere in the organization if gets let go which I highly doubt.
Lol guy has the personality of a door knob on live tv… who do you think would hire him? A local station maybe? Riveting he is not in anyway

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rhule was a successful college coach and built a couple programs. Kliff would have been happy to be an offensive coordinator here or USC but Keim and Michael had to go galaxy-brain.

Would Keim get some make work job in Tampa Bay? Maybe, but it’s hard to imagine where else he could go where he’d be respected.

Kliff would get a college HC job at a major program in a heart beat. He has 6 season of college experience at a program that college teams know is difficult to compete in where TTU are 4th or 5th in line to recruit in that region alone, never mind nationally.

He would have 4 seasons in the NFL and a record not far below .500 while bring on a rookie QB with an increasingly bad reputation.

There's a complete lack of objectivity in your assessment.

I don't think Kliff is a great NFL HC but he's miles better than many in college.

Kliff would get a top 30 college HC job within the blink of an eye if he wanted it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think he would. He specifically has made comments about how he doesn't like recruiting. If I'm a college AD, Kliff is on my "No way in hell I hire him" list. He's a candidate for TV or an NFL OC job.

I'm sure most college HC's hate recruiting. It's hardly a revelation to many college football directors that HC's don't like it.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Yes I’m sure AD’s are lining up to hire a guy with losing records in college and the NFL and who hates recruiting. Ryan Day over at Ohio State must be nervous! Alabama boosters probably trying to shuffle Saban to the retirement home too so they can get a shot at Kliff!

Last edited:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kliff would get a college HC job in the blink of an eye.
i could see power 5 OC job somewhere

if its HC, then i think its a second tier program at best

maybeeee like a Washington St as the very high end

likely a school like SMU or Rice

the problem is that Kliff made it clear he hated recruiting

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i could see power 5 OC job somewhere

if its HC, then i think its a second tier program at best

maybeeee like a Washington St as the very high end

likely a school like SMU or Rice

the problem is that Kliff made it clear he hated recruiting

I think this is overblown. It's well known Chip kelly hates recruiting. Hasn't hurt him getting college work.

I doubt there is a HC in college ball that likes recruiting outside Nick Saban. They just don't openly talk about it because what would the point be? It's something they have to do.

What sane adult would enjoy sucking up to 16-17 year old kids who think the suns shines out their butt and their families? And have to do that over and over every single year?

Must be even worse now with NIL and the transfer portal.

Here's Kliff's comments on it,

"It's full time now with the social media and you're either tweeting, calling, face-timing and there's like this constant anxiety, because if you're not doing it, the university down the street is. It just never goes away. (In the NFL), when you're done with the football, you're done, you go live your life. College, it just never goes away."

Who would like that? Nobody likes it, it's degrees of tolerance.

football karma

Reaction score
i think a lower profile program that wants to bank on the idea that Kliff would ID some under-scouted but high-upside QB and produce an entertaining offense would hire him --

the risk is that Kliff was among the leading edge of Air Raid / Super spread offenses when at Texas Tech. Now, most of college football is running elements of it. So, the novelty he brought 10 years ago is gone.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yes I’m sure AD’s are lining up to hire a guy with losing records in college and the NFL and who hates recruiting. Ryan Day over at Ohio State must be nervous! Alabama boosters probably trying to shuffle Saban to the retirement home too so they can get a shot at Kliff!
It is tough to see a school looking at Kingsbury's history as a HC AND factoring in his dislike for recruiting and thinking we have to back up the truck for this guy. I get that bad coaching hires happen all the time, especially in college, but it seems he will need to rehab his brand as an OC somewhere before he gets another shot.

football karma

Reaction score
but it seems he will need to rehab his brand as an OC somewhere before he gets another shot.
yep

if he went to, lets say, Arkansas or Missouri as OC

and he took a 3 star QB recruit and started scoring 31 points a game for a couple years -- I could see a major job coming his way

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It is tough to see a school looking at Kingsbury's history as a HC AND factoring in his dislike for recruiting and thinking we have to back up the truck for this guy. I get that bad coaching hires happen all the time, especially in college, but it seems he will need to rehab his brand as an OC somewhere before he gets another shot.
You can hate recruiting or you can be bad at glad-handing boosters, but you can't be both.

Kliff is bad at both. If you're good at managing boosters you don't get bounced from your alma mater.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave