La Brea (NBC)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show was written by a good friend of mine who I know from my NCIS: NOLA days. Crazy to think he pitched it to me back in summer 2019! I read the pilot. Thought it was pretty big, ridiculous fun. Cant wait to see what/how it translated to screen.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a sucker for this kind of show but this is either poorly cast or poorly directed. I've watched worse but it was all we could do to finish the first episode.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I enjoyed the first episode, but can't get my wife to watch any more. During the episode, she had us laughing saying "look out for that cartoon wolf". The CGI did seem a bit off.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cool concept, but I was out as soon as I saw it was on broadcast TV. Similar to Terra Nova from years ago. I can't remember the last series I watched on broadcast TV.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool concept. I actually like the actress who plays the daughter. The budget is hurting a show like this. The FX go from OK to really bad. It actually distracts from the show itself which again is a very cool concept.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cool concept. I actually like the actress who plays the daughter. The budget is hurting a show like this. The FX go from OK to really bad. It actually distracts from the show itself which again is a very cool concept.

I think it’s finding it’s legs and hoping they keep leaning into just BIG moment after moment.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose