LA Angels @ Arizona Diamondbacks Aug 21 - Aug 22, 2018

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think this is a worse defensive lineup than usually fielded. It will be interesting to see how this affects Buchholz.

Never effected him.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
No help anywhere for us around the league unless the Cardinals can beat the Dodgers.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And the Arizona Diamondbacks of Phoenix sweep the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim with a 5-1 victory. :)

Bob and BB said a 2-game series should be called a set. They said it's not enough games to be called a series.

Tomorrow is an off day. Then Seattle visits for a 3-game series. Three is enough to be called a series. 'Counting on the D-backs to win at least 2 out of 3.

Last edited:

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Good to see mid-to-late inning run support. Cards are @ Rockies next, and they are en fuego right now. Great opportunity for the DBs to put some space in there.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't believe Goldy is nearing 300... and on pace for a career high in homers. If not for his hideous May he'd probably be enjoying the best season of his career.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't believe Goldy is nearing 300... and on pace for a career high in homers. If not for his hideous May he'd probably be enjoying the best season of his career.
Pretty incredible what you think about it

Even the talking heads on the radio back in June were saying well if you could get is his average up to 270 that would be a victory

Reaction score
Hi guys- I didn’t see a thread for the Mariners series but my husband and I are so SICK of Boxberger’s blown saves- like Saturday- that we are wondering....when someone is designated as “the closer” — is the manager somehow contractually obligated to put him in the game in a save situation?? We just can’t believe that Tory continues to put Box in!!!!
Not that some others are any better- but some ARE. Thoughts? Or info?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Hi guys- I didn’t see a thread for the Mariners series but my husband and I are so SICK of Boxberger’s blown saves- like Saturday- that we are wondering....when someone is designated as “the closer” — is the manager somehow contractually obligated to put him in the game in a save situation?? We just can’t believe that Tory continues to put Box in!!!!
Not that some others are any better- but some ARE. Thoughts? Or info?

Here is that thread...

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/f...izona-diamondbacks-aug-24-aug-26-2018.278131/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA