Kyrie

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does Kyrie even know what he wants truly? I mean he has almost an automatic ticket to the finals playing with one of the greatest players of all time...and he just wants to be "the man" on a so so team? WTF? Hey newsflash...any team that gets you is still going to want to add pieces to get to the finals...blue Chip pieces preferably. Then you won't be the sole focal point all over again.

PS... You won't be the man until you play both sides of the ball!!!!

I think Kyrie wants out of Cleveland before the post-Lebron era. The rest are mostly excuses except his desire to play for a good team.

Kyrie is not going to be able to carry a team.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think Kyrie wants out of Cleveland before the post-Lebron era. The rest are mostly excuses except his desire to play for a good team.

Kyrie is not going to be able to carry a team.

He wants to bail first before Lebron? For what? If he wants to be the man then he should be glad when LeBron leaves. Plus what are we supposed to believe...all Irvings options and leverage is gone if he waits another year?

Cleveland still holds the cards on him. If they want him to stay then he stays...then he looks like a malcontent headcase for nothing. Tell me how that is a "smart move"... anyone?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wants to bail first before Lebron? For what? If he wants to be the man then he should be glad when LeBron leaves. Plus what are we supposed to believe...all Irvings options and leverage is gone if he waits another year?

Cleveland still holds the cards on him. If they want him to stay then he stays...then he looks like a malcontent headcase for nothing. Tell me how that is a "smart move"... anyone?

So he will not be the last man standing. LOL

As I mentioned earlier, Irving would like to go to good a team so he will not have to carry the weight after Lebron leaves.

IMO, the I want be be the man talk, is simply an excuse to get out of there.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here is a reason why a deal won't get done for Irving. For Cleveland to trade Irving now they pretty much give up another shot at the finals for a so so deal because Kyrie only has two years left on his contract. Irving better have three or four years on his contract before the Cavs think they can cash in on his value.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What team can Irving even go to that would put them "over the top" to take down the Warriors?? GS has the most loaded team I've ever seen!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah but Curry isn't demanding a trade... doesn't mind playing with other great players. Plus he's one of the greatest shooters EVER.

Yeah there is an exception to every rule but if a player wants to be the man he better be all that...like LeBron or Durant.

Kevin Durant didn't even wanna be the man. He said screw it can't beat em join em

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He doesn't want the ball first. Even Kyrie has said that's a story put out by Lebrons camp. Dude lebron tried to trade him 3 different times this off season it's been well documented so please tell me why Kyrie should just sit there and take it. Lebron is leaving at the end of the year and everybody knows it, the cavs have treated him like crap. Good for him speaking out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think great players with huge egos typically aren't fond of playing with, and in the shadow of, lebron. If you're not one of his banana boat buddies it's gotta be tough with lebron as gm.

Also kyrie has gotten to play in 3 straight finals and won a ring. Also what's wrong with wanting to see how great you can be without lebron?

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think great players with huge egos typically aren't fond of playing with, and in the shadow of, lebron. If you're not one of his banana boat buddies it's gotta be tough with lebron as gm.

Also kyrie has gotten to play in 3 straight finals and won a ring. Also what's wrong with wanting to see how great you can be without lebron?

What's wrong with it is he's under contract two more years with the Cavs. To want out and make demands before then is a punk move... especially walking from a championship caliber team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's wrong with it is he's under contract two more years with the Cavs. To want out and make demands before then is a punk move... especially walking from a championship caliber team.

That's not a championship caliber team. No team is while GS has the superest super team of all time.

So, yeah... he wants out even though he's pretty much guaranteed another Finals ass kicking, but that's ALL he's guaranteed because LeBron is gonzo after next year and then he's back stuck on one of the worst run franchises in the league.

So, he sacrifices one year of winning to hopefully start over with a team he believes in. I've got no prob with that... especially since his current team (LEBRON) has tried to reportedly trade him multiple times before he asked for his own trade.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's not a championship caliber team. No team is while GS has the superest super team of all time.

So, yeah... he wants out even though he's pretty much guaranteed another Finals ass kicking, but that's ALL he's guaranteed because LeBron is gonzo after next year and then he's back stuck on one of the worst run franchises in the league.

So, he sacrifices one year of winning to hopefully start over with a team he believes in. I've got no prob with that... especially since his current team (LEBRON) has tried to reportedly trade him multiple times before he asked for his own trade.

What the heck are you talking about?? The Cavs have won it all recently and have mutiple finals appearances. Plus don't preplay a season out...players get injured....have a bad series...etc etc. If the Warriors were to falter at all the Cavs could be right there to win another ring.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He doesn't want the ball first. Even Kyrie has said that's a story put out by Lebrons camp. Dude lebron tried to trade him 3 different times this off season it's been well documented so please tell me why Kyrie should just sit there and take it. Lebron is leaving at the end of the year and everybody knows it, the cavs have treated him like crap. Good for him speaking out.

I really haven't read much except occasionally checking on this board. I'm not sure where you get this information, but I can tell you this was my suspicion. I don't know that I would say the Cavaliers have treated him like crap. They've definitely had him on the training block and at the very least that has to have been with LeBron James blessing. That said, the reasons I'm not excited about trading for Irving have nothing to do with him wanting to move on from Cleveland. I'd be willing to give up Bledsoe and a Miami future first and that's about it. I know it won't get it done, but that's as much as I would be willing to part with to do the deal. I just think he fits best with a certain type of team, and the Phoenix Suns right now are about the opposite.

Joe

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What the heck are you talking about?? The Cavs have won it all recently and have mutiple finals appearances. Plus don't preplay a season out...players get injured....have a bad series...etc etc. If the Warriors were to falter at all the Cavs could be right there to win another ring.

yeah... if the Warriors suffer a catastrophic injury, the Cavs a title team... because they play in the East.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Cleveland isn't a superteam. They can't win a game without LBJ.

Golden St went 15-4 when Durant didn't play.

chickenhead

Reaction score

No one is disagreeing that the Cavs have an inside track to the finals. But injuries could also happen to the Cavs. LeBron has never been injured but it's not guaranteed. Kyrie himself could get injured - then he'd be untradable for a while, which is probably his worst fear.

Plus there's no guarantee that Cleveland will beat, say, Houston if the come out of the west.

Meanwhile, the Cavs have already tried to trade him. Who says LeBron doesn't push a Kyrie trade for a rental close to the deadline this season as a condition of *possibly* staying in Cleveland?

Kyrie's not doing any of this without getting a lot of advice from his agent, and I actually think he's getting good advice.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No one is disagreeing that the Cavs have an inside track to the finals. But injuries could also happen to the Cavs. LeBron has never been injured but it's not guaranteed. Kyrie himself could get injured - then he'd be untradable for a while, which is probably his worst fear.

Plus there's no guarantee that Cleveland will beat, say, Houston if the come out of the west.

Meanwhile, the Cavs have already tried to trade him. Who says LeBron doesn't push a Kyrie trade for a rental close to the deadline this season as a condition of *possibly* staying in Cleveland?

Kyrie's not doing any of this without getting a lot of advice from his agent, and I actually think he's getting good advice.

My point is this... Anything can happen because seasons are very long. I don't think it's "totally" appropriate to precrown champions. Plus I don't know if owners of teams view things the way fans do. I don't believe the Cavs see it like "Well we can't beat Golden State so why care about making the finals...let's blow it up". I think there is a certain revenue stream coming from making it to the finals that they still want. To a lot of fans it's all about a championship...to the owners it's about making money...to me it's about entertainment.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There have been rumblings of Miami and Cleveland moving closer to a deal in which Miami sends Dragic, Winslow, and Adebayo to Cleveland for Kyrie and filler.

Does this potentially make Miami worse and improve their 2018 draft pick? They'd be reuniting Kyrie and Waiters who already have a history of bad chemistry. Add in a knuckle head like Whiteside and they could self-destruct giving us a better pick.

chickenhead

Reaction score
My point is this... Anything can happen because seasons are very long. I don't think it's "totally" appropriate to precrown champions. Plus I don't know if owners of teams view things the way fans do. I don't believe the Cavs see it like "Well we can't beat Golden State so why care about making the finals...let's blow it up". I think there is a certain revenue stream coming from making it to the finals that they still want. To a lot of fans it's all about a championship...to the owners it's about making money...to me it's about entertainment.

You're totally right about the playoff revenue from the owner's perspective. I'm sure more owners than we'd like would take 5 losing finals appearances over a championship. But maybe I'm just being cynical.

In Cleveland's case, it's all about LeBron, and I just wonder who he'd prefer at PG. Given Kyrie's performance in the playoffs I wouldn't even think about except for the fact that he was allegedly on the block before.

I also wonder if a Cavs championship makes it more or less likely that LeBron leaves. We know he's sensitive to criticism, and if they lose and he bolts to build another superteam in LA, he's going to get some criticism regardless of the title he brought Cleveland.

But I suppose we'll get another letter detailing how this is the next step in his evolution as the human exemplar.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Please make it Miami!

If Dragic ends up in Cleveland with Leflop I hope he has a career year with all star and finals appearances.

Meanwhile I don't care about Miami. The worse their record the higher our pick but since we have no luck in the lottery I won't get emotionally involved. There's enough to worry about in Phoenix as there is (concerning W-L record).

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
There have been rumblings of Miami and Cleveland moving closer to a deal in which Miami sends Dragic, Winslow, and Adebayo to Cleveland for Kyrie and filler.

Does this potentially make Miami worse and improve their 2018 draft pick? They'd be reuniting Kyrie and Waiters who already have a history of bad chemistry. Add in a knuckle head like Whiteside and they could self-destruct giving us a better pick.

I think that may have been the case years ago, but Whiteside has been a model citizen in Miami.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that may have been the case years ago, but Whiteside has been a model citizen in Miami.
Dragic, Winslow, and Bam is a good offer. I don't think it is a good win now move though. Dragic is at his best when the team has lots of injuries and he is trying to put it on his back and carry it along.

As far as Kyrie in Miami. I would not think it would be a bad move for them. Kyrie and Whiteside works. Spo is a good coach. Better than anything Kyrie has had in Cleveland.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think this would be a win-win trade so I don't like it. Cleveland doesn't miss a beat for now and Miami gets their PG of the future.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose