Kyrie

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He believes the earth is flat, people.

Huge red flag.

Dexter Manley couldn't read... didn't matter. If the guy can ball, he can ball.

If all we had to give up was Bledsoe/Bender or Chriss/pick, I'd do it. That would give us three SPECIAL talents on the team, all young. Just gotta hope they gel fast enough that Kyrie wouldn't leave after two years. i can see next year still being a little rough, but think the year after, they'd be a low-level playoff team that would start scaring teams.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think the hangup is Cleveland wants our protected pick top-3 and McD is looking at somewhere around top-7. If they could settle somewhere in betweeen I'd be good considering the projected 3-4 potential franchise guys in this next draft class. Everyone knows that Miami pick will be mediocre probably mid-late teens.

I'd like to keep Warren b/c you still need scorers and JJ might still be raw offensively at first. Bledsoe/Chriss for Irving/RJ works in the machine and saves the Cavs 10 or so mil in L-Tax penalties. Add our top-5 protected 1st and the 2021 Miami pick. We keep the 18' Miami pick and all future Suns' picks.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a good portion of my post from another thread belongs here.

I hope Isaiah Thomas gets a max contract. He has been underpaid his whole career and his current salary is only $6,261,394. Still it's a lot of money for a scoring PG. He averaged 28.9 points and 5.9 assists last season.

Eric Bledsoe averaged 21.1 points and 6.3 assists last season and is a year younger than Thomas.

Kyrie Irving averaged 25.2 points and 5.8 assists.
Something to think about before trading the farm for Irving.

Is Kyrie really worth the Suns offer of Bledsoe, Bender and a first round pick?

Certainly the Suns should not improve the offer.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean how much better would suns be with kyrie instead of bledsoe?

Bender would be better than jackson though

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean how much better would suns be with kyrie instead of bledsoe?

Bender would be better than jackson though

I honestly don't know if we'd be better in the slightest. Kyrie has some massive holes in his game.

Unless Kyrie has another gear that he hasn't shown then I suspect we'd be a 30-35 win team.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keep looking for that perfect player guys, let me know how it goes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a shame that the Lakers drafted Ball because I'd like to see Kyrie end up there so they'd continue to flounder like they did during Kobe's twilight years. Having Kyrie there might be enough to keep other superstars from signing there similar to how Kobe kept star players away at the end of his career. The media and their fans would still talk about landing every big name FA but everyone else would know there would be no way Lebron or any of his buddies would sign there so long as it's Kyrie's team.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

A straight swap between IT and Irving seems fair but I can't see Cleveland being ok with just that, or Boston willing to take that gamble after their success last season. Adding Hayward improved their chances of taking the Cavs out this season and the turmoil in Cleveland also works in their favor.

For the trade to work from a salary standpoint, the Celtics would need to send Cleveland IT and Crowder plus another small salary because IT and Crowder aren't enough outgoing salary to allow them to take in Kyrie and his $18.9 million dollar deal. No chance they'd be willing to part with that much.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A straight swap between IT and Irving seems fair but I can't see Cleveland being ok with just that, or Boston willing to take that gamble after their success last season. Adding Hayward improved their chances of taking the Cavs out this season and the turmoil in Cleveland also works in their favor.

For the trade to work from a salary standpoint, the Celtics would need to send Cleveland IT and Crowder plus another small salary because IT and Crowder aren't enough outgoing salary to allow them to take in Kyrie and his $18.9 million dollar deal. No chance they'd be willing to part with that much.
I don't see that making Cleveland better at all. IMO Kyrie is better than IT, and is not just by a hair.

Cleveland needs more defense and distribution. EB is a much better solution for them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Charles Barkley gets this right. Kyrie should want to play with great players. If not, Kyrie can wait until next season when Lebron likely leaves.

Then he can be the man.

I suspect Kyrie realizes he will not be able to carry the Cavaliers once Lebron leaves, hence his desire for an early departure.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Charles Barkley gets this right. Kyrie should want to play with great players. If not, Kyrie can wait until next season when Lebron likely leaves.

Then he can be the man.

I suspect Kyrie realizes he will not be able to carry the Cavaliers once Lebron leaves, hence his desire for an early departure.

Does Kyrie even know what he wants truly? I mean he has almost an automatic ticket to the finals playing with one of the greatest players of all time...and he just wants to be "the man" on a so so team? WTF? Hey newsflash...any team that gets you is still going to want to add pieces to get to the finals...blue Chip pieces preferably. Then you won't be the sole focal point all over again.

PS... You won't be the man until you play both sides of the ball!!!!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Again. Kyrie clearly wants to play under a great coach and with great players. If he did not, San Antonio would not have been on his list.

What he does not want to play under is a milquetoast coach, a team with no real management, that is scheduled to implode in a year. He is also tired of being treated as "little bro." He wants to be a real teammate, not just a supporting caste.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does Kyrie even know what he wants truly? I mean he has almost an automatic ticket to the finals playing with one of the greatest players of all time...and he just wants to be "the man" on a so so team? WTF? Hey newsflash...any team that gets you is still going to want to add pieces to get to the finals...blue Chip pieces preferably. Then you won't be the sole focal point all over again.

PS... You won't be the man until you play both sides of the ball!!!!

Steph Curry doesn't play defense

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Steph Curry doesn't play defense

Yeah but Curry isn't demanding a trade... doesn't mind playing with other great players. Plus he's one of the greatest shooters EVER.

Yeah there is an exception to every rule but if a player wants to be the man he better be all that...like LeBron or Durant.

chickenhead

Reaction score
Again. Kyrie clearly wants to play under a great coach and with great players. If he did not, San Antonio would not have been on his list.

What he does not want to play under is a milquetoast coach, a team with no real management, that is scheduled to implode in a year. He is also tired of being treated as "little bro." He wants to be a real teammate, not just a supporting caste.

Agree. You don't want to be in Cleveland post-LeBron, and it's in Kyrie's best interest to leave early at this point:

-Next year he has one season left on his contract and no one will trade for him without an extension in the works. This year he has more options, or at least more competition to make his preferred options get a trade done.

-Next offseason LeBron hold the league hostage. The dominoes will fall only after he decides what he's going to do, and he will influence many of those moves.

We can criticize Kyrie all we want for "not wanting to play with the best" and sacrificing a likely shot at another championship to be the man - but he is in fact much more in control of his own destiny this offseason. I'm still not in support of trading for him, but I think he's making the right move.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyrie should still get to the finals as much as he can with LeBron. Talk about over thinking...cripe. He may never see the finals again if he ends up on another team. He's looking like a f'n headcase right now...no?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson