Kyler's inability to throw on the run is a real issue

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Critiques on the forum would be much more well spent commenting on other aspects when your QB is breaking league records :)
Heh threads like this help me temper my expectations. I know he's still a work in progress.

Silly me....there were times last Sunday where I thought we were on a Super Bowl run..

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sooner Lou... our defense right now looks like a Big XII Christmas present due to Vance Joseph and not Kliff who contiu
Heh threads like this help me temper my expectations. I know he's still a work in progress.

Silly me....there were times last Sunday where I thought we were on a Super Bowl run..
I feel ya, but as a Longhorn and you being a Sooner, we need to direct our attention towards why Vance Joseph is doing his best impersonation of a XII defense which continues to haunt Kliff Kingsbury's efforts.. unless you are here for a Sooner player opposed to being a Cardinal fan, which I am and hence why I approach this question this way lol

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sooner Lou... our defense right now looks like a Big XII Christmas present due to Vance Joseph and not Kliff who contiu

I feel ya, but as a Longhorn and you being a Sooner, we need to direct our attention towards why Vance Joseph is doing his best impersonation of a XII defense which continues to haunt Kliff Kingsbury's efforts.. unless you are here for a Sooner player opposed to being a Cardinal fan, which I am and hence why I approach this question this way lol
Parents were fans of the team when they were in St. Louis. I officially became a fan during the Plummer era.

Yea the defense is awful at times. However, it really is becoming a QB league where a superstar QB can overcome its short comings. I feel like if our secondary is healthy we can at least be decent enough. To overcome Vance's issues completely? Maybe not. However, I'm kinda banking on our eventual goal as a team to be "Chiefs-Lite"

Kyler develops into a superstar we should be able to compete. Which is why for us it really needs to happen.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Parents were fans of the team when they were in St. Louis. I officially became a fan during the Plummer era.

Yea the defense is awful at times. However, it really is becoming a QB league where a superstar QB can overcome its short comings. I feel like if our secondary is healthy we can at least be decent enough. To overcome Vance's issues completely? Maybe not. However, I'm kinda banking on our eventual goal as a team to be "Chiefs-Lite"

Kyler develops into a superstar we should be able to compete. Which is why for us it really needs to happen.

I think he's playing like a superstar now... but the rest of the team has to close the gap while he's showing us glimpses of what's possible and being Cardinal fans we have no patience lol

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Didnt know where to post it other than here...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wonder if its a function of him being an outfielder in baseball.

Planting your feet is a major aspect of throwing in that position.

Mahomes was short stop, far more throwing off balance from that position.

Curious if he can elevate this part of his game. I think it needs an normal offseason of work to fix for Murray.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didnt know where to post it other than here...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Is it because he just run for the first down often instead of looking to throw? I see him always looking for a receiver first when he’s out the pocket but most of the time he does opt to run for the first and most of the time he does get it.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Is it because he just run for the first down often instead of looking to throw? I see him always looking for a receiver first when he’s out the pocket but most of the time he does opt to run for the first and most of the time he does get it.
If he decides to run when he has an open receiver it would hurt that grade.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if its a function of him being an outfielder in baseball.

Planting your feet is a major aspect of throwing in that position.

Mahomes was short stop, far more throwing off balance from that position.

Curious if he can elevate this part of his game. I think it needs an normal offseason of work to fix for Murray.
Russ was a 2nd baseman as well. So yea that benefitted him too.

We all know Kyler has a strong arm in football. However, in baseball he was viewed as having just an average to above average arm as an outfielder. So maybe when he did have to throw off balance it wasnt as good as you'd hope.

Hopefully he can work or improve on this...its the key to unlocking his full potential imo.

Top 10 in the pocket in his 2nd year is a good positive though.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose