Kyler tests positive for COVID-19, he's out for the next 5 days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I know several people that have gotten Covid within a month or two after having it including my oldest kid(also vaccinated and boosted). So obviously your doc is fulla bunk…..
The ONLY people I know who have gotten it this year were vaxed and boosted. Nobody I know with natural immunity from getting it previously, who also avoided the jab, has had a reoccurrence. Same for people with no jab and not previously infected. Myself included (originally had it in December '20 just before the ineffective vaxes became available).

I love hearing the tired Pfizer-inspired line from people who get sick then say "thank goodness I've had the vax and boosters or it would have been worse!". Riiiight. I've yet to see a shred of evidence of that being true.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The ONLY people I know who have gotten it this year were vaxed and boosted. Nobody I know with natural immunity from getting it previously, who also avoided the jab, has had a reoccurrence. Same for people with no jab and not previously infected. Myself included (originally had it in December '20 just before the ineffective vaxes became available).

I love hearing the tired Pfizer-inspired line from people who get sick then say "thank goodness I've had the vax and boosters or it would have been worse!". Riiiight. I've yet to see a shred of evidence of that being true.
I don’t even necessarily disagree with you but this isn’t the place…

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Well contrary to your weirdly unique situation our house has had just the opposite. Every non-vaxxed member of our household has gotten it twice and been really sick whereas I (vaxxed and double boosted) got it once and had a sore throat for a day.

None of my vaxxed friends have been very sick when they’ve gotten it and all of the friends that got it pre-vax were dog sick, two ended up hospitalized, and one has lungs so permanently damaged that his life is now completely different.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I broke my hip and am currently holed up in a hospital in Britain... but completely asymptomatically got diagnosed with covid, so I've been in isolation for nearly a week. Sucks.

Anyways, get well soon Kyler.

WTF man. You broke your hip on your pre Venice layover in the UK?

On the plus side, it's all free. If you're gonna break your hip best to do it here! ;)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Probably because they had some kind of horse tranq to protect them lol

Good grief, can we get this off the board?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
WTF man. You broke your hip on your pre Venice layover in the UK?

On the plus side, it's all free. If you're gonna break your hip best to do it here! ;)
I probably still have to pay for it as someone from the US. But yeah, I broke it on my last night here with friends, had a fall onto some concrete. Been in the hospital for a week.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Probably because they had some kind of horse tranq to protect them lol

Good grief, can we get this off the board?
Well then you should also vocalize the other 3 people’s experiences/opinions labeled out in this thread.

Not the place for any of this imo, but odd to pick sides on what opinion/experience one has had w Covid ask for it to be off the board.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I broke my hip and am currently holed up in a hospital in Britain... but completely asymptomatically got diagnosed with covid, so I've been in isolation for nearly a week. Sucks.

I probably still have to pay for it as someone from the US. But yeah, I broke it on my last night here with friends, had a fall onto some concrete. Been in the hospital for a week.

Take care of yourself and get well. We will try to hold the fort down over here.

Last edited:

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So now KM will be limited in the first preseason game because of the affects

Limited in the 2nd game because the team doesn't want him exposed to injury

And only play one series in the third game

Starting the season rusty, again

Pure speculation of course, but probably more right than wrong

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like someone didn’t watch the start of the season, last season.
I watch every game and every minute

Doesn't matter how well you play, you can always play better

I'm of the mindset that you always strive to be the best and do everything you can to excel and separate from other teams

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I watch every game and every minute

Doesn't matter how well you play, you can always play better

I'm of the mindset that you always strive to be the best and do everything you can to excel and separate from other teams
Clearly, but this post had nothing to do with your initial post or my response to that post.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh yeah true. Although I guess you have insurance? Either way it will cost like two groats and a bunch of carrots compared to what you would get charged normally.

That's some crappy luck dude. Get better.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well then you should also vocalize the other 3 people’s experiences/opinions labeled out in this thread.

Not the place for any of this imo, but odd to pick sides on what opinion/experience one has had w Covid ask for it to be off the board.
There are two sides: science/rationality and political opinion.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Holy crap.. What a bummer. Get well soon, my man.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Anecdotal B.S. !!!

COVID-19 infections have grown exponentially thanks to the coronavirus mutating and becoming far more infectious.

At the same time, thanks to a combination of widespread vaccination, infection and reinfection, people are not getting as sick.

Proportionally, there are far fewer hospitalizations and deaths.

The continuing large numbers of infections, hospitalizations and deaths have led a loud minority to argue that COVID-19 vaccination has been a failure.

It hasn’t.

Initially, vaccines worked tremendously well.

As Eric Topol, director of the Scripps Research Translational Institute in La Jolla, Calif., has noted: “Had the virus not evolved so profoundly, its containment would have been straightforward, and we wouldn’t be talking about a pandemic right now in the present tense.”

Despite the rapid rise in reinfections, vaccines still confer enough immune protection to tamp down the damage done by the virus. People who have received third and fourth shots (or first and second boosters, if you prefer) continue to have markedly lower rates of hospitalization and death than the unvaccinated.

No amount of misstated data and misinformation changes those facts.

One of the biggest mistakes we made, however, was expecting vaccines to be a panacea. As a result, we neglected other important public-health measures such as masking, improving ventilation, isolation of the ill, and more.

Vaccines are going to be improved. There will be new formulations of both the Pfizer and Moderna shots in the fall. There is also work on nasal vaccines and a universal vaccine for all strains of coronavirus.

We have to continue this type of research because the pandemic isn’t over.

At least not biologically or medically.

Erica Charters, a professor of the global history of medicine at Oxford University who leads a project called How Epidemics End, argues that epidemics don’t have neat endings.

Global pandemics like COVID-19 wind down in stages: There is a medical ending when a pathogen becomes endemic and no longer overwhelms health systems; there is a political ending when leaders decide the crisis has passed and do away with regulations, and; there is a social ending, when life returns to normal, with day-to-day activities approaching pre-pandemic levels.

But what is “normal, acceptable, and manageable” can vary tremendously in the eyes of individuals and even countries, creating a lot of tension.

We are in that cognitively dissonant time now when COVID-19 is still very much a medical threat but has been deemed to be over, politically and socially.

As long as we continue to play down and deny the medical threat – and its effect on the health system, in particular – and embrace the “it’s over” mantra, we will just be whistling past the graveyards.

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Get better soon my man.

I got COVID on my recent trip to NC. Everyone of the boostered people were sick for a day or two, but my only having J&J butt was sick as a dog.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I recently got it, my whole family got it, and I believe it's the omicron variant which for the most part does not affect the lungs for a need of hospitalization. Actually, the smart time frame for him to be out is 10 days since this variant is like 10 times more contagious than the Delta, that number 10 has been proven in tests in Asia and what my doctor went off of when I asked him how long till it would be safe for others for me going out in public. When I had that crap, I still got in my distance running of 4 to 6 miles... just a little irritating dry cough in the evening (I had gotten my shots prior), but everyone is different

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose