Kyler, RD. 1

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
We're closing in on halftime, but the starters have done their thing.

The quick flash we got was neat. I feel excited about what he can be - and as someone who has been really concerned about him, he has done everything right to make me really rethink my perspective to this point. That's including media reports, interviews, and the entire gamut.

I'll say that I'm concerned about the team as a whole, but I really liked that drive, and I hope we don't get the guy killed. He has a very unpredictable suddenness.

(As I write this, Cards TD - well done Trent!)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Quickest release I have ever seen and extremely accurate with some zip, while taking what the defense gave him (nice seeing him changing protections on that one play too)... oh, our DL (or front seven) seems maybe a bigger concern than even our OL because our interior is getting no penetration at all

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

The quick flash we got was neat. I feel excited about what he can be - and as someone who has been really concerned about him, he has done everything right to make me really rethink my perspective to this point. That's including media reports, interviews, and the entire gamut.

I'll say that I'm concerned about the team as a whole, but I really liked that drive, and I hope we don't get the guy killed. He has a very unpredictable suddenness.

I watched the series (and that is all I watched) and am very optimistic about the potential. I have a feeling that no opponent will know what hit them for the first half of the season. Very excited. I was probably wrong about this pick. I wouldn’t even be paying attention to preseason if Nick Bosa or Quinnen Williams were the pick

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he did OK. Nothing spectacular not that we should have expected such. No passes more than 10-15 yards, attempted nothing deep. Got sacked but it wasn't his fault. Line couldn't block a Girl Scout troop. The one play, he ran for his life and threw a strike for a first down but unfortunately the receiver had stepped out of bounds before the catch but it was a nice throw. Encouraging.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Welcome aboard! The two plays of the night, the screen pass and his escapability on the pass to Johnson that was out of bounds. Just about any other qb in the league would have been sacked for a 12 yard loss. Oh, and actually taking the sack. He recognized the play was over.

And all this after starting on our own 2 yard line.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The accuracy and the touch on his passes are both really nice. His quickness is really nice. The biggest factor for him this season will be the O-Line.. as everybody knows.

And all this after starting on our own 2 yard line.

I think that's being overlooked.. rookie QB, first NFL snaps, all the pressure of being the #1 pick, he had to start from his 2 yard line, and didn't flinch.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
The accuracy and the touch on his passes are both really nice. His quickness is really nice. The biggest factor for him this season will be the O-Line.. as everybody knows.

Which is why this was a huge gamble for Michael Bidwill. All or nothing. Bidwill has onions. Will be the most popular jersey in the NFL with the stadium filled or a 5 year rebuilding project

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Which is why this was a huge gamble for Michael Bidwill. All or nothing. Bidwill has onions. Will be the most popular jersey in the NFL with the stadium filled or a 5 year rebuilding project

I think Keim made the right move by drafting him (after making all the wrong moves last off-season) - now it's time to find a GM who can build an offensive line.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score

well said

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
A lot of low degree of difficulty passes against soft coverage, to be honest. In a game, I could see that as a scheme to open up the middle of the defense. The potential is there. Want to see more passes down the middle.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
A lot of low degree of difficulty passes against soft coverage, to be honest. In a game, I could see that as a scheme to open up the middle of the defense. The potential is there. Want to see more passes down the middle.
That was my initial gripe about him coming out of college, working the middle of the field, but that kid has a lot of effortless arm strength on the passes he made towards the sidelines... the kid defines having a whip for a arm

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Eh he was throwing ropes on sideline outs. Those are big boy nfl passes.

That said, I think the team wanted him to experience some success so not much looking downfield. I suspect we’ll see more of that in game three.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

That said, I think the team wanted him to experience some success so not much looking downfield. I suspect we’ll see more of that in game three.
This. This game was simply about giving our starters (Murray in particular) a taste of game action. I definitely think we will see more and more as the preseason progresses.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He looked good something to build on

He looked good and Bosa is injured. You actually coined the term “The Bosa Brothers are a walking MASH unit.” Smiling from ear to ear and never been more happy to be wrong about suggesting a pick. Smile from ear to ear

You must be registered for see images attach

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Imagine the excitement KM will generate for us when the games start for real, all the starters on the field & KK opens up the playbook? Can't wait to run the Lions defense ragged lol, hopefully. I was impressed with Gardneck, he will add depth to the ILB position. I didn't get to watch the game ( will in a few hrs on DVR) but I listened to the whole game on 98.7 & the post game/call in show. Several fans felt just like you until tonight. Said they were sceptical until seeing the potential tonight & are now all in with KM. Not their exact words but close. Go cards.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Quickest release I have ever seen and extremely accurate with some zip, while taking what the defense gave him (nice seeing him changing protections on that one play too)... oh, our DL (or front seven) seems maybe a bigger concern than even our OL because our interior is getting no penetration at all
That was the knock on VJ from Dolphins fans when he was their DC. Getting gashed with the running game. Hopefully they can watch the film & get the gap responsibilities corrected? Only preseason though & using vanilla base defenses for the most part but still a concern.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I watched the series (and that is all I watched) and am very optimistic about the potential. I have a feeling that no opponent will know what hit them for the first half of the season. Very excited. I was probably wrong about this pick. I wouldn’t even be paying attention to preseason if Nick Bosa or Quinnen Williams were the pick
Plus Nick Bosa as many predicted has already been injury prone with the 49ers. His latest injury (ankle sprain) is supposed to keep him out the entire preseason? Maybe KM will get him winded chasing him around the field when we play them lol?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
KK is a very smart offensive mind, i truly believe he will do that passing to RSJ over the middle. He will set plays up with other plays & make the defense cover every inch of the field. Plus we have that added luxury of the defense having to worry about KM taking off & running. Can't wait for this to start for real.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Oh we will trust me. Wait till he calls the 4 verts play. The defense won't know who to cover & will be on their heels. All 4 WR's on that play are going deep with the option to break the route off at any point depending on the coverage. That play will also open up many opportunities underneath.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
K1 was everything that I expected. I watched enough of him last year at OU to not be surprised. My fear is that our OL will make it difficult for KK to fully implement his offense. Also, I've had concerns about VJ from day 1 & our DL may be worse than our OL. It's very early, so I'll give the D the benefit of the doubt. God help us if teams can run on us like the Chargers did last night. Otherwise, our offense won't be on the field long enough to make a difference.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson