Kyler on Pat Mcafee show

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by BritCard, Feb 1, 2021.

1. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

How can this be? Based on the expert analysis of some people on this board, Murray’s play hasn’t improved at all. As a matter of fact, his play has even regressed according to these experts.

2. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

By many accounts Rodgers was a prick before he was even drafted. That’s direct from a close friend who knew him personally.

PACardsFan likes this.
  3. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Comments like these that have zero basis in fact make me shake my head and think “old man thinking.”

CardsSunsDbacks and daves like this.
  4. Ouchie-Z-Clown

So I wasn’t the only one . . . thank goodness.

5. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Meh that’s a giant assumption on your part. We’ve never heard a peep about his prep for good or bad. That typically means it’s fine.

6. Ouchie-Z-Clown

SD had a hyped rb stable preseason but other than ekeler, who missed a ton of time with injury, it was unproven and proved to be lackluster. Definitely superior receiving options though.

7. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Pro athletes play a ton of golf even in season. But there’s nothing streaming that so we’ve just known about it the same way as twitch. Pro basketball players are all over it too.

CardsSunsDbacks, daves and DVontel like this.
  8. DVontel

DVontel Registered

As are pro baseball players, pro hockey players, professional wrestlers, etc. You can find multiple athletes from different sports all over twitch. Trust me, I’m the generation that keeps up with it.

9. WisconsinCard

WisconsinCard Herfin BIg Time Contributor

That's just not true and a line many have put out there. If he was trying to get his coach fired then why did he drive them down the field for a game winning FG attempt? I was there and he was trying his best to win that game. Oh and while I'm at it why did he drive them down for the lead on the drive before?

Last edited: Feb 6, 2021
    GuernseyCard and daves like this.
  10. Solar7

Solar7 Meh

I've largely avoided the argument because of how anti-Kyler I was, but now that I've eased up on him, I have to chime in. We're not a winning team. That makes any player or coach up for judgement and discussion. It strikes me as wild that people like @PACardsFan and @TaylorSwift treat those who would dare question Kyler's greatness as blasphemers.

Until he takes this team to the playoffs and starts to win, we have to question if he's going to be more than a Stafford, Rivers, Winston... high picks who put up great production, but just were never capable of putting up the wins like some others.

KM's question marks do stand out. I don't think anyone who criticizes him is saying "this is who he is, and he can't grow out of it." It's just a matter of pointing out that the young QB has a lot to fix, and especially in this symbiotic relationship with Kliff, it's valid to question if our coach is the right guy to light that fire.

As far as Twitch goes - I'm a gamer. I've been gaming my whole life, and hell, I've been a moderator on IGN.com (basically the internet's biggest gaming site) for 20 years. I'll admit to not tracking everything Kyler does on the platform, but if his Pro Bowl performance is any indicator of how well he knows Madden and other games, he obviously puts in a lot of time and practice. He knew exactly where to find a specific play, on what page, in coaching Bubba Watson, a Nascar driver. I played a lot of Madden back in my day and I didn't have the pages and packages memorized.

So it makes me wonder as others do: how much time is he putting into that hobby that we don't see off camera? Fitz may golf, but is it daily? Is it at night? Is he playing 18 holes a day? We don't know what Kyler is doing, no, but he does seem to have a very "what will be will be" attitude about the team, and I think it's fair to be concerned about on-field body language and study habits.

Stout likes this.
  11. HairZach

HairZach Registered

Kyler's Twitch streams are not very long and they're at night, meaning it's probably something he does after he's done with his training. Its clear he's very into video games, he's even stated he would be a pro gamer if he wasn't a pro athlete. But I don't think its fair to think his video game habits are holding him back as a QB. Believe it or not, no one can spend ALL of their time working out. Adequate rest is actually beneficial for athletes. Even if Kyler WANTED to spend all day working out his coaches would force him to take breaks and do something else.

All NFL athletes have vices and for a lot of them its getting piss drunk at clubs. IMO what Kyler's doing has much less of a chance to be impactful on his play than clubbing. He's not having to workout through a hangover after a long night of videogames.

I honestly think a lot of the "I don't believe in Kyler" attitude might come from him being a short introvert. There have actually been a fair amount of studies on height bias. A lot of people subconsciously believe that taller, extroverted people are fundamentally more competent. There's a lot of hesitancy to respect shorter people in leadership roles.

12. football karma

football karma Happy in the pretense of knowledge

13. juza76

juza76 Registered

Playing video games isnt like resting
    Usually everything is quite frenetic there consuming some mental energy
    During the first lockdown here I spend few hours daily playing f1 racing cars, I had to stop after three weeks cause of epicondylitis

14. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

I have the game taped & have watched it a few times. Until that last drive, you could hear the crowd’s displeasure with Rodgers. He threw the ball like 50 times & his yardage for the game was maybe 225 yards. It wouldn’t have been close had the Packers not dropped like 3 picks that Rosen threw right to them. I do remember Edmonds having a great game. I have a close friend in Little Chute & I was supposed to go to that game. Something came up & I had to cancel.

15. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

All of this is true:

Murray has to work to get better.

Video Games aren't the problem with Murray.

Cardinals need to increase talent around Murray.

Murray needs to elevate those around him.