Kyler Murray's Throwing Motion

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Solar7, May 11, 2019.

1. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

I'm not too keen on Sweezy, but Gilbert (if healthy) could be a good one. The only thing Sweezy may bring is an attitude. I am all for a Dockett level attitude on the O-Line. Cole may be our LG of the future though.

2. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

I think there are too many things that you cannot control in college. One of those is where the top High-School D-Lineman in Texas choose to play their college ball.

If you don't have a proven track record of getting kids drafted.
    If your not Texas, Oklahoma, LSU, Alabama, or even TCU or OKST

Remember, the offense he runs is actually a crutch for a defensive player. You may play more snaps on defense causing you to get exposed...... Won't have the depth of talent around you making you look better with more one on one match-ups....... Your offense will not win TOP giving you less time to rest....... The coach can't attract top DC candidates because you will always be the star...... and on and on.

In the end this means more 3-star recruits. More people tuning out when you are on the field. Less scouts paying attention when you are on the field. And then they are underwhelmed because your squad isn't nearly as dominant as the others in the state/region.

In the NFL: Money talks baby. And Bidwill has proven that he will spend money.

3. The Kraken

The Kraken Registered

CARDPA,

1. Lubbock has its charm (I think/hope...) but would NOT appeal to a 5 star HS recruit and is blown away by the competing Texas schools.

2. My brother lives in WA, he is a huge Seahawk fan (season ticket holder), he assures me that Sweazy is the real deal. I trust my brother's opinion.

b8rtm8nn and cardncubfan like this.
  4. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Moves I like:
    Adding Swearinger (not offseason, but close enough)
    Alford (not over the moon, but a savvy move at the time)
    Marcus Gilbert (low risk, high reward)
    Hicks (this is the kind of move smart teams make, didn't break the bank for a high upside player)
    Tramaine Brock (sensible depth)
    Darius Philon (decent player at reasonable cost)
    Re-signing Gunter (same as above)
    Love Hakeem Butler

Moves I don't like:
    Going all in on KK & K1 while keeping Keim in the wind
    Getting next to nothing for Rosen
    JR Sweezy
    Patrick Peterson taking PEDs & not seeming to want to be a part of the team (not a "move," but a significant concern in the overall big picture)

The truth is, I like plenty of the personnel moves we made. But I don't see them changing much this year. The other truth is that I don't think there's much of anything that would have made me think this was a winning team this year.

Last year really humbled me, and showed me this team has nowhere near the talent I thought it had. A lot of what we achieved with Arians was because of amazing coaching, and success at a few key positions. I don't know that we've necessarily improved the coaching, and regardless of how good Kyler might turn out to be long-term, I think he and his rookie HC counterpart are going to go through very normal NFL bumps.

b8rtm8nn and Ronin like this.
  5. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I hope I'm playing nice here. The arguments have gotten heated and I've tried to back up on it when they do. There's been a few PM conversations with people to make sure we're good.

I don't take this personally.

jf-08 and Dr. Jones like this.
  6. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

Dr. Jones needs to remember he's a archaeologist and not a psychiatrist, endorsing your mental trauma over Murray is not the correct approach lol

b8rtm8nn and Dr. Jones like this.