Kyler Murray's Throwing Motion

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by Solar7, May 11, 2019.

1. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

That's not too mention that TCU and Baylor, and to a lesser extent SMU, all got significantly better after Mike Leach left.

The Kraken and Goldfield like this.
  2. Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders Super Moderator Contributor

I have already shown that analytics hated Manziel coming out. People had this argument two months ago and I trounced it

daves, Goldfield and Krangthebrain like this.
  3. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Fine, your "advanced analytics" showed it, but the truth of the matter is, he statistically improved upon his performance with KK out of the picture. That's really all that matters. The point is, Manziel's college success didn't correlate with Kingsbury's coaching, which is the point that was originally being made.

4. Chris_Sanders

And Solar it's getting pretty tiresome to see you in EVERY thread that has anything to do with the current state of the team rehashing the same tired arguments from 3 months ago.

Any news from OTA that is remotely positive and you just have to run in and just try to pick a fight with pretty much anyone who has anything to say.

While you might be the current Grinch of ASFN, let other people have just a bit of hope before the regular season comes

daves, dscher, Goldfield and 4 others like this.
  5. Chris_Sanders

And to be 100% clear I am not speaking to you as a mod but as someone who likes reading the board.

You can keep on doing this if you feel it is somehow necessary but it really comes across like you have some giant axe to grind right now

6. Russ Smith

Russ Smith The Original Whizzinator Contributor

It's not even the Air Raid with the man to man. I said this pre drafting Kyler, one of the advantages of a QB like Murray is that you can't consistenly play man against him because if you do, he'll take off and run for first downs over and over. DB's playing man have a much harder time turning and defending the run they're not in a spot they're covering a man.

Add in the removing a defender to account for the QB running, which is less common in the NFL but still happens, and you tend to see better run games when the QB can run.

My concern with running QB's is always injury, but the advantages are obvious too. Now the concern is say it's CK with the 49ers, teams started playing strictly zone against him and playing contain not pass rush, keep him in the pocket make him throw. That's why his career went South so fast IMO. He couldn't read a defense to save his life, once teams started scheming to take away his first or 2nd option and would not let him run easily, he was a sitting duck.

Murray hasn't really played enough to know, everyone says he can read a defense but he didnt' really have to in college. Now I also think K2's offense is familiar to him and it's designed by scheme to get mismatches, even against zones.

Krangthebrain and Goldfield like this.
  7. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I mean, pardon me, but I made the thread looking for more research on his throwing motion, got yelled at for not being positive enough, leave it alone for weeks, and b8rtm8nn bumps it finally with some info I'm asking for, I say thanks, and Krang and yourself swoop in to play the Kyler positivity club angle again. I see it totally different.

Am I mucking up the OTAs thread by complaining every time someone posts about Kyler? No. Am I seeing Krang in other threads immediately come to Kyler's defense any time someone says something bad, whether it's me or not? Yeah.

I think you're misconstruing how often I bring up Kyler or poo-poo someone for saying anything positive - I just perk up and start feeling the need to resurface the argument anytime someone says "well actually..." and proceeds to bring up "reasons" that Kyler can't possibly have any flaw despite being a rookie who hasn't played a down in the NFL.

Then there's stuff like the team's record, which I'm sorry, I just can't participate in in a positive way, because our schedule is brutal and team is bad. But you're basically just asking me to only participate positively or not at all. I know it's not being said as a mod, but come on, don't pretend this is a thread I just knocked off the rails to diss Kyler.

b8rtm8nn likes this.
  8. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

9. Goldfield

Goldfield Formally known as BEERZ

Just stop and go troll another team. If you hate everything go away

Vacard likes this.
  10. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Can we stop with the "you're not a fan" BS?

I don't like what's happening this offseason. When football is played, I will root for them to win.

jf-08 likes this.
  11. Ronin

Ronin Registered

I believe that you are a fan.

I also believe that you hate everything that the Cardinals have done this off season. I have yet to see you actually like an off season move.

Not trying to jump all over you but that is my 2 cents.

12. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Has No Time For Love

You are fine bro..... Just keep on keeping on.

Only two words I would add is: Be Nice.

b8rtm8nn and Solar7 like this.
  13. cardpa

cardpa I'm all right

So what you are stating is Lubbock was not an attractive or viable place that recruits wanted to go to. Also sounds like the campus was not exactly a pull for recruits either.

Now you are stating that Lubbock was an attractive place to go until Mike Leach left. So which is it? It can't be both. With all those other choices why would recruits go to TT even with Leach there?

14. cardpa

cardpa I'm all right

Sweezy posted a 45.7 overall grade, among one of the worst-graded guards in 2018. You must have low standards.

15. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

LOL

There are OTHER alternatives which you clearly arent understanding. My point is that the scheme took the Big 12 by storm. Mike Leach was winning with 2 star and 3 star recruits by throwing exotic schemes that the Baylors, TCUs, and other weaker team couldn't deal with.

Fast forward a decade and now the Big 12 runs the Air Raid or derivatives. Texas Tech has to contend with an entire league of teams vying to score 35 points a game. Leach likely wouldnt have nearly the same success since everyone runs his system now.

daves likes this.