Kyler Murray

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
When we drafted Murray, I was sick to my stomach because I'm a Rosen guy, but I sure am looking forward to seeing that little man run around in his #1 jersey, visor and headband, slinging the ball down the field. I'm all on board the Murray train and really looking forward to this season because I think KK knows exactly how to use Murray's talents. Should be fun.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
When we drafted Murray, I was sick to my stomach because I'm a Rosen guy, but I sure am looking forward to seeing that little man run around in his #1 jersey, visor and headband, slinging the ball down the field. I'm all on board the Murray train and really looking forward to this season because I think KK knows exactly how to use Murray's talents. Should be fun.

I'm with Keim on this one. I see fireworks in our stadium.

Did anyone hear what Keim said to Grigson when the pick went in? He said that Murray is going to light the stadium on fire.

I know what the cynics think, but I think he can be one of the greatest Cardinals players ever. I'm saying can be, not will be. That's why you have to draft him. I know when I was listening to Q William's talk he sounded like a box of rocks. Bosa is going to be hurt all of the time. And Murray is going to be great.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m very excited but we really have to pause before anointing him the greatest anything.

There are going to be some peaks and some valleys. If we expectations are too high of a peak it will always seem like a valley or at best half way up the mountain.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I’m very excited but we really have to pause before anointing him the greatest anything.

There are going to be some peaks and some valleys. If we expectations are too high of a peak it will always seem like a valley or at best half way up the mountain.

Can be. That is anointing no one.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I'm with Keim on this one. I see fireworks in our stadium.

Did anyone hear what Keim said to Grigson when the pick went in? He said that Murray is going to light the stadium on fire.

I know what the cynics think, but I think he can be one of the greatest Cardinals players ever. I'm saying can be, not will be. That's why you have to draft him. I know when I was listening to Q William's talk he sounded like a box of rocks. Bosa is going to be hurt all of the time. And Murray is going to be great.

Right?

I've watched all the OU greats. Sims, Peterson, Bradford, Holliway, Mayfield. Little Joe Washington.

Murray is more electric than all of them. He's a better play-maker, than all of them.

Like Krang said, it's the ceiling for this kid that is so exciting. Because it's "Superbowl MVP".

Okay, sure BW52, maybe he won't reach that ceiling.

But dammit man, if you were the Cardinals, you had to take the chance. You had to.

Last edited:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The only thing I am worried about is KM had all the time in the world behind the awesome Oline he had in college. Would he have looked different if he had no time to throw(which he wont have with the cards)?

Am taking a wait and see approach. KK and KM are new to the NFL. It's a totally different ball game then it is in college but I am excited to see how it all plays out...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'd still rather be the team with the guy who has the high floor. Murray's floor is so low that I can't help but get depressed thinking about it. I mean, so is Kingsbury's.

If they don't succeed, being a fan of this team won't be like it was in the 90s and 2000s, where we were mostly afterthoughts, we'll be ridiculed up and down constantly.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd still rather be the team with the guy who has the high floor. Murray's floor is so low that I can't help but get depressed thinking about it. I mean, so is Kingsbury's.

If they don't succeed, being a fan of this team won't be like it was in the 90s and 2000s, where we were mostly afterthoughts, we'll be ridiculed up and down constantly.
Being a fan of this team has always been this way.. imo. 2008 was no different and we made the super bowl. I couldnt give two less poos what everyone else thinks of my team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Last year was as bad as it gets and Rosen did nothing to make the team better. That was depressing.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

How is his floor “so low”?

What makes it lower than Joshua’s?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Last year was as bad as it gets and Rosen did nothing to make the team better. That was depressing.
Yeah, but this time around we are stuck with these guys. This year we have done multiple unprecedented things in NFL history, and as fans, we have to hope we're the smartest guys in the room, and not the bozos who convinced ourselves we were right.

How is his floor “so low”?

What makes it lower than Joshua’s?
His floor is "so low" because he's extremely short, he has one season of production, a part of his game is predicated on being mobile, which exposes him to major injury... I can go on and on like we have in multiple threads, but he was an unprecedented pick outside of the mold.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
His floor is "so low" because he's extremely short, he has one season of production, a part of his game is predicated on being mobile, which exposes him to major injury... I can go on and on like we have in multiple threads, but he was an unprecedented pick outside of the mold.

Getting hit like Rosen did last year exposes a player to injury. Rosen has an injury history too, missed most of his Sophmore year.

Murray avoids hits, hence Mike Gundys comment about him getting tackled 7 times in thr first 7 games.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, but this time around we are stuck with these guys. This year we have done multiple unprecedented things in NFL history, and as fans, we have to hope we're the smartest guys in the room, and not the bozos who convinced ourselves we were right.

But....he does football things better than Joshua does. Like, y’know, be a better quarterback. The reigning MVP’s game is predicated on being mobile.

But, what makes Joshua’s floor any higher? Because he’s 6’4 & stands in the pocket with sub-par mobility?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But....he does football things better than Joshua does. Like, y’know, be a better quarterback. The reigning MVP’s game is predicated on being mobile.

But, what makes Joshua’s floor any higher? Because he’s 6’4 & stands in the pocket with sub-par mobility?

30 years from now people are going to laugh at the take that you have to be 6'5 to play QB. So many stiffs over the years that were only drafted because they fit a mold.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Getting hit like Rosen did last year exposes a player to injury. Rosen has an injury history too, missed most of his Sophmore year.

Murray avoids hits, hence Mike Gundys comment about him getting tackled 7 times in thr first 7 games.

In college - NFL is - bigger, faster, meaner - I hope so but still see both as mythological creatures - unicorns - because we go through Phoenixs every freaking year almost - burn to ashes and rebirth!

DJ better be a man - because every play will be dependent on his blocking, catching and then......running

Air red offense has never held up for a marathon season - may be mythbuster

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

man u still have ton of patience answering to those users using the same arguments to criticize murray

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA