Kyler Murray stats vs Ravens

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Cards lost. He hasn't beaten anyone.

His level of play is substantially worse than Dak Prescott and DeShaun Watson in their first appearances. There are a lot of empty calories in those yardage totals. Kyler is 21st in DYAR and 20th in QBR.

Blah blah

Dak Prescott leaned on an epically good offensive line AND a top 5 rookie running back.

You clearly remove all variables to make this comment. Lazy.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Blah blah

Dak Prescott leaned on an epically good offensive line AND a top 5 rookie running back.

You clearly remove all variables to make this comment. Lazy.

Dak was also a mid-round pick. Many people are saying David Johnson is a Top 5 Running Back. Dak was also saddled with Jason Garrett as his HC/OC.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dak was also a mid-round pick. Many people are saying David Johnson is a Top 5 Running Back. Dak was also saddled with Jason Garrett as his HC/OC.
Over Barkley, Bell, Gurley, Kamara, CMC, & Zeke? Yea, I find that hard to believe.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anyone make that argument in a while.

Do you believe it? If not, seems silly to include in your argument. Why don’t we compare the supporting rushing stats in Daks first two starts and in Murray’s?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I haven’t seen anyone make that argument in a while.

Do you believe it? If not, seems silly to include in your argument. Why don’t we compare the supporting rushing stats in Daks first two starts and in Murray’s?

Some of the best people are saying it. People come up to me all the time and say, "Mr. President, we both know that David Johnson is a top 5 running back, but the LAMESTREAM MEDIA won't report it. Why does the media hate the Arizona Cardinals SO MUCH?"

But, since you asked, here is Zeke's box scores from his first two games:

Epic.

You must be registered for see images attach

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Some of the best people are saying it. People come up to me all the time and say, "Mr. President, we both know that David Johnson is a top 5 running back, but the LAMESTREAM MEDIA won't report it. Why does the media hate the Arizona Cardinals SO MUCH?"

Epic.

Lol. Are those Zekes first two starts or daks?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Epic.

Yeah further disproving your point. Zeke was the focal point of defenses to stop.

Murray has made more difficult throws in his first two starts than I've ever seen Prescott make.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you consider the rushing? Watson had 80 yards more rushing plus a score. IMO, Murray's unwillingness(?) to rush is what's holding him and the offense back — especially near the goal line.
Watson was much better running the football than Kyler Murray.

I will add that during that year (well 6 starts) Watson had Duane Brown who was one of the best LT in the league.

However, lets not act like play calling doesn't play a role in this as well.

Kyler is averaging 47 throws a game...as a rookie. Most OC's usually lean heavy with the QB called runs when their QB is starting up in the league. Kingsbury is a guy trying to prove himself and is also learning the NFL while Linehan and O'Brien were both high level play callers in the NFL at one point.

That isn't to take any blame from Kyler cause no matter what he was awful in the 1st 3 Qrts vs. the Lions and did struggle in the redzone against the Ravens. However, usually rookie QBs have the benefit balanced of playcalling and the THREAT to run the ball to setup plays in the redzone and throughout the game.

He hasn't played and probably on the whole won't play as well as those guys did their rookie season (Both had MVP level QBRs). However, there is nothing wrong adding context to it.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Yeah further disproving your point. Zeke was the focal point of defenses to stop.

Murray has made more difficult throws in his first two starts than I've ever seen Prescott make.
Must be nice: you would’ve credited Zeke no matter what his stats were. Lame.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree: Kyler’s counting stats are inflated and should be discounted when considering whether he’s all that great right now.
Are Kyler's stats inflated or are we asking him to carry the team unlike most rookie QBs?

I do find it funny how you dismiss how defenses focusing on the run actually makes it easier to throw the football as well.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Even though Byrd almost got the first down it would have been a touchdown if he handed the ball off to DJ.

Last edited:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
@Solar7 was right about Kyler getting lucky on that throw to Johnson. However, the other throws were impressive based on the film.