Kyler Murray Stat Line vs Bengals

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Did we not watch the same vid? He legitimately got away from 3 guys, breaking away from 2 despite Jalen should’ve had him earlier that play.

Jalen was not good today. His defense saved him(something Baker & Kyler lacked) today. This isn’t your thing, but go watch that game from start to finish instead of just watching highlight videos & stat-watching. He better take those guys out to dinner after this game.

Look at you, you’re just so set on being right about Kyler being a mistake that you’re pulling out all the stops to do it.
I watched the game. Jalen wasn't perfect. Can't always expect perfection. But he was responsible for 4 TDs, so I'm not sure how you can say he was "not good." Sure, a lot of his production came from rushing, but that's not bad. That's winning football with what you can get.

Having your defense play decent doesn't make you bad either.

Also, I watched the game from start to finish, despite you thinking for some reason that I don't watch football and only come here to anger Kyler Murray's fanbase.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But he was responsible for 4 TDs, so I'm not sure how you can say he was “not good”

Ah, stat watching. Love it. He wasn’t nearly as good as his stats say. If you actually watched the game, it would be obvious.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Ah, stat watching. Love it. He wasn’t nearly as good as his stats say. If you actually watched the game, it would be obvious.
Dude. If you get the job done, and you put up 24 points doing it, you played alright. You're talking like he didn't get a single TD and game managed his way into a 10-7 win where his defense was solely responsible for the win.

He put up 135 yards on the ground, had major chunk plays, and he wasn't playing some podunk school doing it - he took it to their rivals on one of the biggest stages.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Dude. If you get the job done, and you put up 24 points doing it, you played alright. You're talking like he didn't get a single TD and game managed his way into a 10-7 win where his defense was solely responsible for the win.

He put up 135 yards on the ground, had major chunk plays, and he wasn't playing some podunk school doing it - he took it to their rivals on one of the biggest stages.
Man, you’re obsessed with how Hurts performance somehow proves that Kyler was a mistake. Creating your own thread about it and now posting here. Even when his passing stats are meh.

At this point I don’t think anyone is going to convince you that Kyler was the right pick, so not worth arguing over. When you watch Kyler do you actively root against him and the cards? Like, if he throws an interception do you cheer?

Edit: By passing stats I am referencing today vs Texas.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Man, you’re obsessed with how Hurts performance somehow proves that Kyler was a mistake. Creating your own thread about it and now posting here. Even when his passing stats are meh.

At this point I don’t think anyone is going to convince you that Kyler was the right pick, so not worth arguing over. When you watch Kyler do you actively root against him and the cards? Like, if he throws an interception do you cheer?
@DVontel brought up how "bad" he was looking, so when the game turned out to be a win with decent play by Hurts, I had to respond.

My argument isn't by any means that we should be looking to draft Jalen Hurts, or that we should have waited for him, just that right now, I'm freaked out about the direction of this team.

I have nothing against Kyler Murray as a person, I start him most weeks in 6 of my 7 fantasy leagues, and will cheer and celebrate when he starts kicking ass out there.

My good buddy is a die-hard Browns fan. Watching Baker Mayfield just absolutely suck with all of the weapons around him, and seeing him question if that was the right pick over Mahomes/Watson/Allen/Darnold etc., while wondering what the hell they were doing hiring Freddie Kitchens as their HC doesn't make him a guy who is "rooting against his team."

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@DVontel brought up how "bad" he was looking, so when the game turned out to be a win with decent play by Hurts, I had to respond.

My argument isn't by any means that we should be looking to draft Jalen Hurts, or that we should have waited for him, just that right now, I'm freaked out about the direction of this team.

I have nothing against Kyler Murray as a person, I start him most weeks in 6 of my 7 fantasy leagues, and will cheer and celebrate when he starts kicking ass out there.

My good buddy is a die-hard Browns fan. Watching Baker Mayfield just absolutely suck with all of the weapons around him, and seeing him question if that was the right pick over Mahomes/Watson/Allen/Darnold etc., while wondering what the hell they were doing hiring Freddie Kitchens as their HC doesn't make him a guy who is "rooting against his team."
That opinion and 25 cents gets you a fart in a paper sack.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I dunno man, you call me out every time I have a negative take, and seem to think I have some kind of agenda. I don't.

As a fanbase we've been shifting the goalposts on what we deem as success, in my mind. We went from "revolutionary offense" and "generational QB" to "whoa guys it's a building year and our coach is really getting better at this we swear" and "he's a rookie, give him time, even though we didn't give our last top ten draft pick any time."

We're praying to be competitive against dirt teams and are staring down a roster where we would like to upgrade at essentially every position.

My overall point? Yeah, obviously we're a bad team. And we spent the vast majority of our draft and offseason trying to reinvent the wheel on offense with very little to show for it. We drafted 4 WRs on the past two years and posters are already talking about how we should use our #1 next year on another.

It's wildly bad and we're staring down an off-season where we're going to need to get a new GM who is going to have to build this team in his own image, meaning we're just gonna be stuck in this quagmire for another year or two at least.

Bingo.Amazing how things changed from "transcendent game changer",won`t get sacked or make dumb bad throws to "its a rebuilding year so just show some progress" and "KM doesn`t have a good supporting cast' and the defense sucks.Yeah the goalposts definitely changed.Any diehard Murray homer who says it did not is full of crap.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well, I'm A Cardinal fan that comes to this site to read about the Cards. I am a Homer and like to read good encouraging posts, not things like people who disagree are "full of crap". Normally, people are respectful, but, there are a couple on here who are not.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lamar Jakson looking like the "MVP" candidate he was touted as against the Bengals.

So...yea they are really bad.

Still its a shame how easy they make it look in the redzone compared to us.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lamar Jakson looking like the "MVP" candidate he was touted as against the Bengals.

So...yea they are really bad.

Still its a shame how easy they make it look in the redzone compared to us.

Ravens just had to settle for a FG in the red zone. Hard to compare Baltimore’s red zone offense to ours since they’re coaching staff has been together for a decade or so.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ravens just had to settle for a FG in the red zone. Hard to compare Baltimore’s red zone offense to ours since they’re coaching staff has been together for a decade or so.
This is Greg Roman's first year calling plays for the Ravens. This offense looks nothing like when Flacco was the QB.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is Greg Roman's first year calling plays for the Ravens. This offense looks nothing like when Flacco was the QB.

I understand, but don’t forget that everything with the Ravens goes through Harbaugh. Harbaugh crosses every t & dots every i pertinent to that organization.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And that is why I am good with 5 or 6 wins on the seasons and calling it a success. However, when you only win 3 or 4 it is because of below average QB play and/or terrible schemes and coaching. Kyler Murray validates his draft position initially by figuring out how to take this team to 5 or 6 wins on the season IMO.

vs Falcons
@ Giants
@ Saints
vs 49ers
bye
vs Rams
vs Steelers
vs Browns
@Seahawks
@Rams

There should be 4 or 5 wins in there if Murray is developing and there is not a litany of injuries.
For those who are claiming that I am overly critical regarding Murray. Remember, I am the one who was defending the belief that if he progresses like he should, the Cardinals would be winning 4 or 5 more games this season. Well, today is one of those wins down so I apparently have more confidence and belief in him than Kyler Cultists do. 3 or 4 more to go if he continues to get better every week.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Murray may be in the top 3 in terms of pure arm talent. Rodgers, Mahomes, I cant name a third, Stafford?

The way this kid slings the rock

OP
OP
Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Murray may be in the top 3 in terms of pure arm talent. Rodgers, Mahomes, I cant name a third, Stafford?

It gives those quick outs and WR screens the maximum chance to be successful.

The super quick release and high velocity means the receiver gets the ball with a chance to make a move or two.

And he's so accurate. 73% completion today.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It gives those quick outs and WR screens the maximum chance to be successful.

The super quick release and high velocity means the receiver gets the ball with a chance to make a move or two.

And he's so accurate. 73% completion today.
That bomb was with ease.. that baseball flick of the wrist like Mahomes.
Major difference (right now) is those guys are excellent outside of the pocket and throwing across the field. Same for Russell Wilson.

Saw signs of it with the Fitz play. However, the moment he's able to start using his mobility to create big passing plays look out.

Now thats assuming he can develop that ability cause at OU he was more just a pocket guy.

Last edited:

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Major difference (right now) is those guys are excellent outside of the pocket and throwing across the field. Same guys for Russell Wilson.

Saw signs of it with the Fitz play. However, the moment he's able to start using his mobility to create big passing plays look out.

Now thats assuming he can develop that ability cause at OU he was more just a pocket guy.

Agreed, I am curious if he develops that next step. Not even Russ had it totally at first, Rodgers the same way. Mahomes the only qb I have seen step out of the gate with that ability.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Major difference (right now) is those guys are excellent outside of the pocket and throwing across the field. Same for Russell Wilson.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For those who are claiming that I am overly critical regarding Murray. Remember, I am the one who was defending the belief that if he progresses like he should, the Cardinals would be winning 4 or 5 more games this season. Well, today is one of those wins down so I apparently have more confidence and belief in him than Kyler Cultists do. 3 or 4 more to go if he continues to get better every week.

Definitely a rough schedule the rest of the way. Unless our D improves a TON with PP21 coming back, Murray's continued improvement may not be enough to win 3-4 more games. Still, way too early to say though.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Definitely a rough schedule the rest of the way. Unless our D improves a TON with PP21 coming back, Murray's continued improvement may not be enough to win 3-4 more games. Still, way too early to say though.

Depends, if wrs continue to catch and ol continues to block, Murray has shown the ability to learn very quickly. who knows

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
And that is why I am good with 5 or 6 wins on the seasons and calling it a success. However, when you only win 3 or 4 it is because of below average QB play and/or terrible schemes and coaching. Kyler Murray validates his draft position initially by figuring out how to take this team to 5 or 6 wins on the season IMO.

vs Falcons
@ Giants
@ Saints
vs 49ers
bye
@ Bucs
@ 49ers
vs Rams
vs Steelers
vs Browns
@Seahawks
@Rams

There should be 4 or 5 wins in there if Murray is developing and there is not a litany of injuries.
Bump...

WIN
WIN

L
L
W
L
L
W
W
L
L