Administrator; Rules Creator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what this means.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Something about been drafted by MLB team during playoffs or something along those lines :shrug:

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
Rule 5 draft helps spread the wealth of minor league players. The selecting team
snags a player, pays the old team a fee and must keep that player on their roster for some amount of time, I can’t remember.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
I also think teams can designate a certain amount of players as protected, so OAK doesn’t seem to think Kyler will be playing baseball anytime soon.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Lol.. I'd say K1 has things going they way he wants them to in football.

He's got an owner that is aggressively (and thoughtfully) pushing pieces around, trying to build a roster that can win a championship in the near term. Murray is close to something that I think he really wants (a ring), and he's not going anywhere.

Goodyear Card

Registered
Reaction score
Held each December, the Rule 5 Draft allows clubs without a full 40-man roster to select certain non-40-man roster players from other clubs. Clubs draft in reverse order of the standings from the previous season. Players signed at age 18 or younger need to be added to their club's 40-Man roster within five seasons or they become eligible for the Rule 5 Draft. Players who signed at age 19 or older need to be protected within four seasons.

BritCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would want to play baseball over football (except money). It's boring AF.

"Hey Kyler. You can go from being a superstar QB in the NFL getting 65 touches a game to standing in left hoping the ball comes your way so you have something to do and you might get to swing a bat on 3 separate occasions if your are lucky. But first you have to play 2-3 season for the Panoopski Pirates".

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would want to play baseball over football (except money). It's boring AF.

"Hey Kyler. You can go from being a superstar QB in the NFL getting 65 touches a game to standing in left hoping the ball comes your way so you have something to do and you might get to swing a bat on 3 separate occasions if your are lucky. But first you have to play 2-3 season for the Panoopski Pirates".
Longevity?

Big reason Kyler is in the NFL and not in the A’s org is because he can make way bigger $$$ faster in the NFL as a QB.

I would love to see him do both, and I think he wants too as well. I can see him asking that clause be lifted during these upcoming negotiations.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I fully believe being a lefty reliever is the best job in sports. Get 1-2 outs every other game, make 5 million a year for a decade