Kyler Murray races 4.31 second 40-yard speed demon Andy Isabella (Video)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently there is a conspiracy that it was faked.

Was he measured...yes. Did he refuse to do it again. Yes.

What does Charlie think?

You must be registered for see images attach

Under 6 feet is under 6 feet. The exact measurement is really irrelevant.

If he's your guy - you roll the dice and draft him.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There is a whole thing that Murray faked his combine measurements and that is why he wouldn't get measured a second time. On one hand, I don't know how that would be possible but on the other hand why not just do it again if you are asked?

It's why I think he was always the pick. Stuff he did in the off season only makes sense if you were only interviewing for one team the entire time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Is it? Is there a different perception is Murray is 5'9 3/4" instead of 5'11"? I think there is.

IMO, the biggest worry about not running or doing drills at the combine is that you'd like to see him work out at the weight that he was at. There's a potential that if you're only trying to do ONE THING (like be 225+ lbs — something that Krang and other Murray Truthers mention frequently when size and injury comes up), it can detract from other things.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He should be - rushing yds in a qb makes a gigantic difference. I am definitely planning on drafting him as my backup with huge upside.

Yeah I was just thinking that in a 12 team league that is pick 8.3. 8th or 9th round is where I like to take my QB so he is about to rise beyond where I would draft him.

Videos like this will make that ADP soar.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it? Is there a different perception if Murray is 5'9 3/4" instead of 5'11"? I think there is.

When only one QB shorter than 6 feet tall has won a title in the Super Bowl era of the league, I think under 6 feet is under 6 feet.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Kyler Murray races 4.31 second 40-yard speed demon Andy Isabella (Video)"

Murray jumped the start and Isabella looks taller.

:shrug:

Last edited:

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
His entire behavior leading up to the draft was strange and only fueled speculation by his critics. It is hard to dispute that.
We also cant ignore the league is a biz and speculation makes for good buzz and drama driving up ratings..never really know what goes on behind the scenes.... but that's just the way I saw the whole process..

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If true, that just makes what happened with Rosen even more head-scratchingly awful. If you're taking Murray with the top pick you do not need any subterfuge. You've got the top pick. No one can steal it from you. You make it publicly know that you are taking him and that Rosen is available to the highest bidder. What happened before and during the draft was an absolute embarrassment.
Every other GM had enough of an inkling that Rosen was available, that if they had any interest at all, they could've inquired (and some did).

Announcing the intention to take Murray well before the draft only HURTS your leverage. Teams then know that you CAN'T keep Rosen. And if Murray had been hurt or arrested before the draft, now you're either stuck with a disgruntled Rosen who knows you tried to get rid of him, with no QB at all because you already traded him, or forced to take a damaged Murray. Brilliant!

...dbs

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I saw mocks that had him drafted between the 8th and 12th round

Current ADP is 104

He is getting drafted really high.
Man, nailed it without doing a mock draft. Hella patting myself on the back, haha.

Is it? Is there a different perception is Murray is 5'9 3/4" instead of 5'11"? I think there is.

IMO, the biggest worry about not running or doing drills at the combine is that you'd like to see him work out at the weight that he was at. There's a potential that if you're only trying to do ONE THING (like be 225+ lbs — something that Krang and other Murray Truthers mention frequently when size and injury comes up), it can detract from other things.
I agree with all of this. The one thing I will say is that I don't know if Kyler being 4'6 would have mattered at all to the Cardinals, which is functionally all that matters.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every other GM had enough of an inkling that Rosen was available, that if they had any interest at all, they could've inquired (and some did).

And, every GM had their scouts break down his play. Unfortunately for Josh, when he DID have time to throw, he made a lot of bad throws and poor reads. Those teams didn't want excuses, they wanted to see him execute throws he should've made and he just didn't do that often enough. If he had, teams would've been throwing good picks our way before the draft.

Announcing the intention to take Murray well before the draft only HURTS your leverage. Teams then know that you CAN'T keep Rosen. And if Murray had been hurt or arrested before the draft, now you're either stuck with a disgruntled Rosen who knows you tried to get rid of him, with no QB at all because you already traded him, or forced to take a damaged Murray. Brilliant!

...dbs

And, given the lack of outstanding tape Rosen produced it was the only move the Cards have.

I am not a big Keim fan. But, the Rosen situation wasn't all his fault. Josh could've played better too.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
K1 is a once-in-a-lifetime combination of athleticism, and QB skill.

Once. In. A. Lifetime.

And if, in next couple of years, Keim and Joseph can put together a good defense, we're going to win a superbowl.
I'm with you on that bro, hell, what if it happened this yr lol? Omg, the excuses the Natl media would use. "We got lucky, caught lightning in a bottle" etc etc...................I've been saying it for a while now, the Rams went worst to first 3 yrs ago, why not us? No one expected nor predicted that either.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If true, that just makes what happened with Rosen even more head-scratchingly awful. If you're taking Murray with the top pick you do not need any subterfuge. You've got the top pick. No one can steal it from you. You make it publicly know that you are taking him and that Rosen is available to the highest bidder. What happened before and during the draft was an absolute embarrassment.
I used to think this until I saw someone make the point that anything could’ve happened leading right up to draft night that made k1 a non-option at 1 (eg injury, sport change of heart, leaked videos/police run-ins, etc...). Tough gamble to take at the most important position.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Murray is like really fast for a QB and makes Russell Wilson look slow and clumsy... waiting to see though if he can pass like that other guy, which I think he can lol

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

...dbs

Yep. Totally crazy people cant grasp this logic.

You CAN'T trade your starting QB until 100% you have your next starter. Imagine how stupid it would've been if a week before the draft the Cardinals traded Rosen and then Murray punched some female on tape?

At that point, Rosen is gone and you cant take Murray. Now you have to consider Haskins or Jones (PUKE).

Rosen was a sunk cost. The team rightfully gambled and lost. Imagine if the Cardinals had traded two firsts, a third, and a fifth for a franchise QB and a second rounder? That's not too bad, and it's essentially what they did.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I think he was in the boat that he knew that running didnt help him, it could only hurt him.

He put on weight, and sometimes that can slow you as your body adjusts.

5'9, 211 isnt not a small guy. Not talking height, but body thickness. Everyone who has seen Murray says his size gets negatively exaggerated. Some people have made him out like hes short AND skinny, and that's not the case.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Imagine if the Cardinals had traded two firsts, a third, and a fifth for a franchise QB and a second rounder? That's not too bad, and it's essentially what they did.

LOL. This is crazy talk. We also had one of the worst offensive seasons in NFL history and fired a full coaching staff.

If that's the only cost, and KM turns out to be a franchise QB, then there's MAYBE a point here. As always, if Murray starts out as Mike Vick before transitioning to Russell Wilson, nothing else matters. But the Cards probably burned down 10-15% of their fanbase in this exchange.

I think he was in the boat that he knew that running didnt help him, it could only hurt him.

He put on weight, and sometimes that can slow you as your body adjusts.

5'9, 211 isnt not a small guy. Not talking height, but body thickness. Everyone who has seen Murray says his size gets negatively exaggerated. Some people have made him out like hes short AND skinny, and that's not the case.

Well, I think the question is can he really play football at 211? I mean, we know he can get to 211, but he never showed that he could play at that weight. He didn't look that thick when he was playing for OU, and adding 15 lbs can affect how your body moves and your mechanics through your core.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yep. Totally crazy people cant grasp this logic.

You CAN'T trade your starting QB until 100% you have your next starter. Imagine how stupid it would've been if a week before the draft the Cardinals traded Rosen and then Murray punched some female on tape?

At that point, Rosen is gone and you cant take Murray. Now you have to consider Haskins or Jones (PUKE).

Rosen was a sunk cost. The team rightfully gambled and lost. Imagine if the Cardinals had traded two firsts, a third, and a fifth for a franchise QB and a second rounder? That's not too bad, and it's essentially what they did.

That's totally mischaracterizing the move, but I agree with you mostly on the rest of the post. But, I think if Kyler is the pick for certain, about a week before, you notify his agent and tell the to sit on their hands and make sure he's on his best behavior. Rosen needed to at least be discussed with other teams before draft night when it was too late.

I remember them showing Keim's call with Miami finalizing the deal, and he's like "thanks brother" in this "oh god you helped me salvage this thank you so much" tone. Like a Keim was gonna have to lend the guy his house whenever he was in town or something.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
LOL. This is crazy talk. We also had one of the worst offensive seasons in NFL history and fired a full coaching staff.

If that's the only cost, and KM turns out to be a franchise QB, then there's MAYBE a point here. As always, if Murray starts out as Mike Vick before transitioning to Russell Wilson, nothing else matters. But the Cards probably burned down 10-15% of their fanbase in this exchange.

Well, I think the question is can he really play football at 211? I mean, we know he can get to 211, but he never showed that he could play at that weight. He didn't look that thick when he was playing for OU, and adding 15 lbs can affect how your body moves and your mechanics through your core.
Not to mention the real money and cap space we blew in the whole exchange...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose