Kyler Murray in 5 Years

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by TJ, May 22, 2019.

Where will Kyler Rank in 5 Years?

1. Top-5 All-Pro Caliber QB

29.5%
  2. Top-10 With one or two Pro Bowls

42.9%
  3. Top-20 Average Starting QB

7.6%
  4. Journeyman Backup

6.7%
  5. Mega Bust - Out of the League

13.3%
  1. cardsfanmd

cardsfanmd Registered

Would you call the Colts or Texans elite?

2. Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach Eating Gyros in Tucson

Playing baseball is a very serious possibility. Goes hand in hand with football injuries. I know that genius Keim has a baseball-related monetary clause in the contract, but things happen.

3. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Dude, Cousins is one season into a three year deal. I straight up said I was wrong. What should I do, post a thread on a Cardinals forum to apologize for him? I can admit he hasn't done what he should have done for that team, and he definitely would have failed here. Good enough for crow eating?

At the end of the day, PA says Kyler's going to be a "pure stud," and "one of the most exciting players in the NFL for years to come." When that's the #1 overall pick, it better come fast and furious. We can ask @PACardsFan himself - PA, do you think Kyler's gonna need some time, or is he going to prove himself right off the bat?

The Colts went from last in the league to a playoff team on the back of Andrew Luck. It was scary what happened to him, but Luck's return this year once again changed that franchise. Right now, that team has as good of a shot as any on account of how great of a QB Luck is.

The Texans? I don't know why you bring them up. They drafted a guy with a couple of question marks but a defined pedigree in Watson, at #12. I was clamoring for Watson and Mahomes all offseason. But they took that risk later in the draft, and actually lost a lot for it. Are they elite? No. But have I claimed it? No.

kerouac9 likes this.
  4. Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green Registered User

:) sfw_ce20111122c501.jpg

5. Cardinal

Cardinal Registered

I don’t understand the boom or bust talk. Why isn’t Murray a safe bet to at least be average? Just because he’s 5’10”?

Jamarcus Russell is 6’6” and is considered one of biggest busts in the history of the league.

With Murray’s abilities, throwing, rushing, and extending plays with his legs, I see him as a pretty safe prospect with huge upside.

Mike Vick wasn’t nearly as good of a passer as Murray coming out, but he was an average/above average QB most of his career. Why can’t Murray’s floor at least be Mike Vick?

*Interesting note about Vick, before his junior season at VT, he was drafted in the 30th round by the Rockies despite not playing baseball since 8th grade.

Last edited: May 23, 2019
  6. sdscard4

sdscard4 Registered

In all actuality seems the shorter qbs do just fine. I've seen lots of taller busts in this league.

7. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

They were a 10 win playoff team the year before that. The Colts obviously tanked in 2011. Had Manning not had neck issues do you honestly believe they would have been a 2 win team in 2011?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown likes this.
  8. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

I can also but in 5 yrs RW could be sort of an aged veteran. Not sure how old he is now but I would think at least 29?

9. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

He's ours now & what we have to pin our hopes on. There's busts in the league all the time from the QB position, tall & short. The one knock on him is his height & also getting hurt from a rather large defensive player, that can happen to any player regardless of size. Let's all hope that his college performances translate into the NFL & he lights the league up. He proved at the very least he knows how to throw over & around bigger defensive players, in college anyways. Watching his film, I do love the fact he played baseball, that taught him to throw from many different arm angles which he will definitely need.

10. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Dude, I completely get he's all we've got and I just have to live with it. I'll still be rooting for my team. But just because of that, I'm not going to suddenly pretend he's something I don't think he is. He has other knocks besides being short, but you can see my posts in a million other threads.

Like, I'm a huge comic book fan, but when I saw the production issues with Justice League, and saw the trailers, I thought "gee, this is going to be really bad." And when it was bad, I didn't just start calling it good because it was the only Justice League movie I was going to ever get.

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  11. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

I voted top 10, but trending top five near the end of the five year period.

Why do I think this will happen? Because Murray is driven. When a player has elite talent and drive, greatness will be a by product.

On Gambo and Burns, they were talking about how Murray seems to have eyes in the back of his head. His instincts are amazing.

Goldfield and CardsSunsDbacks like this.
  12. Krangthebrain

48 votes for at least Pro Bowl as of right now.

It's funny how so many of you think this but didnt want to draft him.

CardsSunsDbacks likes this.
  13. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

To their credit, even I think Kyler has a chance at being a Pro Bowl QB. I mean, Mitch Trubisky played in it last year. Wouldn't shock me to see the kid get an alternate vote or something at some point.

Obviously I'm way more down on him than that, but still.

14. Krangthebrain

And at no time in his life has Mitch Trubisky even approached Kyler's talent.

You are going to be epically wrong about this.

Goldfield and CardsSunsDbacks like this.
  15. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

I don’t see it that way. I feel like there were big swings with Vick. He was either a transformational QB or he was a guy who was a backup. He never had a period where he was, like, Alex Smith.

And I think Mike Vick is viewed as a disappointment without the dogfighting. He’d already killed two coaches.

So you have Vick, RG3, and Colin Kaepernick who exploded onto the scene and couldn’t mature into complete QBs. Maybe add Dak Prescott into this category. Then you have Russell’s Wilson, who has.

I dunno. You put a HoF QB on most teams and they’re going to be pretty good. That Colts team was a machine, and Peyton was the engine.

The better question is whether Matt Cassell could’ve taken that team anywhere.

Krangthebrain and Solar7 like this.