Kyler Murray in 5 Years

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by TJ, May 22, 2019.

Where will Kyler Rank in 5 Years?

1. Top-5 All-Pro Caliber QB

29.5%
  2. Top-10 With one or two Pro Bowls

42.9%
  3. Top-20 Average Starting QB

7.6%
  4. Journeyman Backup

6.7%
  5. Mega Bust - Out of the League

13.3%
  1. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

This is how I see it.

If you have followed this board closely, you recognize I did a monumental flip on Murray. I was Solar7 before he came into the fray.

But I went out and dug into Kyler Murray with an open mind and I became convinced that not only was he hands down the best player in the draft, I also believe he can be a transcendent player.

Every player has his warts and his wart is his height. His play on the field is remarkable. The last player I felt this way about was Patrick Mahomes. And Murray was better than Mahomes.

If he fails I think it will be injuries. Hes just so talented, works so hard, and has a natural feel for the quarterback position that I don't see him failing because of play.

All that hogwash talk about work ethic, what have the Cardinals players said about him? He came in right away, has an amazing command of the offense and works his ass off. We've all encountered those people who are driven to be great and Murray has been wired that way since he was a small child.

Crimson Warrior likes this.
  2. kerouac9

kerouac9 #Stiff4Kliff

Link PLZ

3. Krangthebrain

Subscribe to the Athletic.

4. Krangthebrain

Marcus Gilbert
    “I feel like he’s very comfortable in this setting. It’s a match made in heaven for him. He’s very professional in how he carries himself. It’s almost like he’s been running this offense for quite some time because he’s picked it up really fast. He’s getting the line set, the receivers set. We have to do more adjusting than he does.

“He handles himself like a professional. He talks to everybody. You can’t ask much more from what he’s doing. … I haven’t seen many guys come in this league as a rookie and command the offense the way he’s commanding the offense and picking up the playbook as quick as he’s picked it up. He’s very sharp with his tools. This guy is going to be the leader of the ship.

“The way he throws the ball I haven’t seen anything like that. I think he’s one of the prettier accurate passers I’ve seen. Not in game settings but in a practice setting it’s pretty impressive how he can squeeze the ball in tight places and his reads are very quick. To make reads like that as a young guy, that’s really impressive.”

mwanamatapa likes this.
  5. Krangthebrain

The Athletic got quotes from 5 veterans on Murray. Good stuff.

daves likes this.
  6. Krangthebrain

Another one

Justin Pugh
    “He has confidence and poise calling the plays and when you have confidence as a quarterback you instill that in the guys you’re commanding in the huddle. … Every throw so far, has any one not been perfectly thrown? I mean there are some things when you stop and we’re watching on film and you’re like, ‘There’s not many people on this planet who can do what he’s doing.’ But again you have to prove it when the pads are on and there’s live bullets.”

daves likes this.
  7. Cards_Campos

Cards_Campos Registered

4 time Superbowl winner

8. BW52

BW52 Registered

1STbolded-25% Murray is equal to Wilson
    10% Murray is better than Wilson
    65 % Murray is worse than Wilson

2nd bolded-agree
    3rd BOLDED-disagree.College headlines mean nothing in the NFL.NFL game is much better.
    4TH BOLDED-we will have ti see how it plays out versus REAL NFL competition.
    5TH BOLDED-agree
    6TH BOLDED-Agree.Love the Cards.Hate the pick.
    7TH BOLDED-Rosen was effed over by SK.

Have a safe and Happy Holliday.Enjoy.:cheers:

9. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

Being to 2 Super Bowls isn't any kind of barometer. If winning a SB makes a QB then we should expect the HOF induction of Trent Dilfer and Jim McMahon at any moment? Truth is, neither time Seattle went to the Super Bowl was it done on Wilson's back.

10. Krangthebrain

This is a ridiculous take. Neither of those guys were ever MVP candidates like Russell Wilson has been.

dscher likes this.
  11. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

It's also a ridiculous take because Andrew Luck didn't have the running game or the defense Wilson did.

Wilson would not have those Super Bowl appearances without Marshawn Lynch or the Legion of Boom.

kerouac9 and NJCardFan like this.
  12. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

You can't believe this because, quite frankly, it's nonsense. Luck is a far superior QB than Wilson. You put Luck on Seattle and the Seahawks would have won multiple Super Bowls. Even the one Seattle won with Wilson was due to their defense. Seattle scored 43 points. Wilson had 206 yards passing. Not exactly mind bending. He's such a stellar QB that he had playoff games with such staunch numbers as 187 yards passing, 108, 142. The year they won the Super Bowl, in 3 games he threw for a combined 524 yards. I'm not saying he's a bad QB but to say you'd take him over Luck is laughable.

Solar7 likes this.
  13. NJCardFan

NJCardFan Registered

Now you're just being facetious and a troll.

Solar7 likes this.
  14. Crimson Warrior

Crimson Warrior Dangerous Murray Zealot

A. Luck career QB rating = 89.5

R. Wilson career QB rating = 100.3

A. Luck career rushing yards = 1,590

R Wilson career rushing yards = 3,651

A. Luck career TD/Int = 171/87

R. Wilson career TD/Int = 196/63

Tell us more, NJCardFan, about how Luck is "far superior" to Wilson. It's really interesting.

15. imaCafan

imaCafan Next stop, Hall of Fame!

I have a question about his height & his "electric ability" as compared to other college QB's his height. In other words, were there better college QB's 5'10" that had a better college career and more potential than Murray has?

Krangthebrain likes this.