Kyler Murray Contract Extended

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why dont you do yourself a favor and choose another team to follow. By reading most of your posts its clear your utter disdain for the team, players and organization. Nothing they do is right in your eyes and the season hasnt even started yet. Being a "fan" you have the right to your feelings and or opinions but damn dude, Ive never seen someone crap on their team the way that you and a few others do in this forum. Rant over!
Great football take! Oh no’s someone criticized my football team now I need to cry and attack their fandom. Lame.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Dude leave it alone. Im trying to behave myself lol
I’m happy to. Don’t tell fans that they’re not fans. Talk football. If you disagree with my opinion, say why. You bring that filth on here I’m going to respond in kind. I don’t start those personal attacks, but I’m not going to ignore it. Now if you really need the last word, go for it.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Says the guy defending a play that literally scored for the other team.
That’s not the argument my friend. All pick 6’s result in the other team scoring. Your point was that it was one of the worst pick 6’s ever. My point was that it wasn’t. With 95% of the QB’s that would have been a safety because the QB would never have had the athleticism to even get a hand on the ball. Kind of like an athletic shortstop that gets to balls that lesser athletic shortstops don’t. It was the snap that may have been the ugliest. And it didn’t help that our pathetic interior OL also allowed Murray absolutely zero time to even throw the ball away without getting twisted like a pretzel in the process. The worst pick 6’s are the ones when a QB stares down a receiver & ignores the defense. That’s not what happened here.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
That’s not the argument my friend. All pick 6’s result in the other team scoring. Your point was that it was one of the worst pick 6’s ever. My point was that it wasn’t. With 95% of the QB’s that would have been a safety because the QB would never have had the athleticism to even get a hand on the ball. Kind of like an athletic shortstop that gets to balls that lesser athletic shortstops don’t. It was the snap that may have been the ugliest. And it didn’t help that our pathetic interior OL also allowed Murray absolutely zero time to even throw the ball away without getting twisted like a pretzel in the process. The worst pick 6’s are the ones when a QB stares down a receiver & ignores the defense. That’s not what happened here.
Absolutely not. A playoff game, where you’re already down, and a wild toss while being brought down is downright horrid. If we had any small scintilla of a chance in that game at that juncture kylers poor decision slammed that into the coffin. Worst play of his career.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Absolutely not. A playoff game, where you’re already down, and a wild toss while being brought down is downright horrid. If we had any small scintilla of a chance in that game at that juncture kylers poor decision slammed that into the coffin. Worst play of his career.
You’re forgetting that his so called wild toss was trying to avoid giving up even more points. That safety would have us going down 16-0 & then having to give them back the ball in our territory. That would probably have cost us another 7 points as our D was in shambles. Every great QB has interceptions, some far more damaging than this one. Vigil’s pick 6 against KM was far uglier than this one.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Correct. Those are likely the worst franchises in the nfl. So broader low bar. Great.
Not true. Murray’s first 3 seasons surpass many great QB’s that are either in the HOF or will be in the NFL:
Bradshaw
Montana
Elway
Favre
Both Mannings
Brees
S Young
Wilson

Can’t compare him to Rodgers because Aaron sat on the bench watching his first THREE seasons. Marino was great pretty much from day 1, but he was drafted by a playoff team & had a HOF HC (Shula). I’m nowhere near ordaining Kyler into the HOF, but it’s insane to criticize his first 3 seasons, especially since he was drafted by a crap team, crap organization, and a HC who has a long ways to go before I consider him NFL worthy.

Murray would be the best young QB based on their first 3 seasons for many of the NFL teams. Only the following teams had QB’s with similar or better stats:

Miami (Marino)
Buffalo (Allen)
Cincinnati (Burrow, and he’s had 1 great season. When he’s had 3 in a row, then I’d keep him on this list.)
KC (Mahomes)
LAC (Herbert. And he’s only played 2 season)
Dallas (Prescott’s numbers are comparable)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You’re forgetting that his so called wild toss was trying to avoid giving up even more points. That safety would have us going down 16-0 & then having to give them back the ball in our territory. That would probably have cost us another 7 points as our D was in shambles. Every great QB has interceptions, some far more damaging than this one. Vigil’s pick 6 against KM was far uglier than this one.
Lol. Okay. 7 is definitely less than 2. Whatever you need to tell yourself to keep kyler insulated from any accountability/responsibility whatsoever. We aren’t going to agree on this. Enjoy your weekend.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not true. Murray’s first 3 seasons surpass many great QB’s that are either in the HOF or will be in the NFL:
Bradshaw
Montana
Elway
Favre
Both Mannings
Brees
S Young
Wilson

Can’t compare him to Rodgers because Aaron sat on the bench watching his first THREE seasons. Marino was great pretty much from day 1, but he was drafted by a playoff team & had a HOF HC (Shula). I’m nowhere near ordaining Kyler into the HOF, but it’s insane to criticize his first 3 seasons, especially since he was drafted by a crap team, crap organization, and a HC who has a long ways to go before I consider him NFL worthy.

Murray would be the best young QB based on their first 3 seasons for many of the NFL teams. Only the following teams had QB’s with similar or better stats:

Miami (Marino)
Buffalo (Allen)
Cincinnati (Burrow, and he’s had 1 great season. When he’s had 3 in a row, then I’d keep him on this list.)
KC (Mahomes)
You said “best young QB” you didn’t say “best stats in first 3 years ignoring team success.”

And I’ve bolded your language again in the hopes that it brings self-awareness . . . you are literally saying kyler is beyond reproach. That he should be free from all criticism. Again, I don’t even think you realize how much of a complete free pass you give the kid.

It’s okay to criticize kyler and still be a fan of his. It’s okay to watch his play and try to be objective about what’s good, what’s bad, what’s great, and what’s awful about his play. Though he makes it difficult kyler might be my favorite cardinal right now (though admittedly it might be by default), but it doesn’t mean that I can’t see his limitations, errors and foibles.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Bradshaw
Montana
Elway
Favre
Both Mannings
Brees
S Young
Wilson

Miami (Marino)
Buffalo (Allen)
KC (Mahomes)
Lol. He’s not even among the top 3-5 young QBs playing right now.

Herbert
Burrow
Mahomes
Lamar Jackson
Josh Allen

I mean, it’s hard to believe that the historically well run organizations of the Chargers, Bills, and Bengals aren’t making these guys even greater, but still…

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol. Okay. 7 is definitely less than 2. Whatever you need to tell yourself to keep kyler insulated from any accountability/responsibility whatsoever. We aren’t going to agree on this. Enjoy your weekend.
7 is less than 9. Sorry, but that was primarily on the Center & the rest of the OL. I’m about to crack open a phenomenal bottle of bourbon:thumbup:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You said “best young QB” you didn’t say “best stats in first 3 years ignoring team success.”

And I’ve bolded your language again in the hopes that it brings self-awareness . . . you are literally saying kyler is beyond reproach. That he should be free from all criticism. Again, I don’t even think you realize how much of a complete free pass you give the kid.

It’s okay to criticize kyler and still be a fan of his. It’s okay to watch his play and try to be objective about what’s good, what’s bad, what’s great, and what’s awful about his play. Though he makes it difficult kyler might be my favorite cardinal right now (though admittedly it might be by default), but it doesn’t mean that I can’t see his limitations, errors and foibles.
Because he was drafted by the worst team & worst franchise in NFL history, I have always said that it was Murray’s statistics that I was comparing his first 3 seasons to. Why would I compare him based on team’s success?? Mahomes was drafted by a playoff team with a HOF HC. As was Brady, Marino, Montana. Favre, Rodgers, Wilson, Prescott. Kudos to Herbert, Allen & Burrow, but then again, it’s not like we passed on any of these guys to draft Murray. To your credit, yes, you have been more fair to Murray than others on this board. I won’t deny that. And to be fair, I have NEVER said Murray doesn’t have to continue to improve. He’s immature for sure. But, he’s not even 25. And way too much (not all) criticism pointed at him is bs. Murray is going to win at the highest level in the NFL. I just hope it’s with the Cardinals. Not many on this board have waited longer or endured more pain in watching this damned franchise. If it’s not with Murray, then I’ll be dead before it’s with someone else.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lol. He’s not even among the top 3-5 young QBs playing right now.

Herbert
Burrow
Mahomes
Lamar Jackson
Josh Allen

I mean, it’s hard to believe that the historically well run organizations of the Chargers, Bills, and Bengals aren’t making these guys even greater, but still…
You were fine until you added Jackson. Sorry, but he’s been exposed & throws like my wife. We had no shot at drafting the other 4, so why bring them into the discussion. They all look great, including Murray. I’ll hold off on Burrow, until he puts consecutive great seasons together. And his WR group was 3x better than what Murray had to throw to once Hop went down. Murray’s first 2 seasons were better than Allen’s, so Allen gets the nod based on an insane 3rd year. And just to be fair, Allen‘s completion % dropped down considerably last year. Let’s see how he does without Daboll this year before we crown him. I like Herbert too, but it’s not like we passed on him to draft Murray.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Why dont you do yourself a favor and choose another team to follow. By reading most of your posts its clear your utter disdain for the team, players and organization. Nothing they do is right in your eyes and the season hasnt even started yet. Being a "fan" you have the right to your feelings and or opinions but damn dude, Ive never seen someone crap on their team the way that you and a few others do in this forum. Rant over!
Clown post of the year candidate. Questioning long time board members fandom and telling them to go is such a trash move.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
There is no excuse for a QB compounding one mistake by making another. There may be a few situations where a QB would choose to throw a pick six over taking a safety, but this for sure wasn’t one of them. Kyler panicked and hurt his team in the biggest game in his career. He needs to be better.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Clown post of the year candidate. Questioning long time board members fandom and telling them to go is such a trash move.
Sorry, but we need to stop with this nonsense of trying to get people banned because they criticize the negative Nancy’s on this board. The word “fan” is short for fanatic. We need more fans on this board than those that choose to be more critical of this team even before the season has begun.