Kyler Murray Contract Extended

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
I have to agree with this in this particular game.. yes, Murray was awful - but I ask what QB would have succeeded considering the circumstances in this game? Coach was absolutely embarrassed in every aspect of game prep and play calling. Oline - absolutely dismantled the entire game. No #1 WR.. your best WR option was Kirk - a guy who doesn’t get separation . We saw Mahomes didn’t work in the Super Bowl w far better tools and better coaching vs TB.

Why do we think any QB not named Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers would have faired any better? Honest question.

If it was just that one game, I wouldn't be worried really. However, that playoff game was certainly no outlier in our final 1/3 of the season that included losing badly 30-12 to a 1 win Detroit team. Sure, injuries were an issue, but that is no excuse for the team suddenly playing like one of the worst in the league.(especially since they won 2 out of 3 with McCoy starting just before the implosion happened).

The Cardinals were playing like one of the worst teams in the league and not surprisingly that continued in our one embarrassing playoff game

We will see if it carries over into this year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The football season needs to start. As always, the talking heads are out there jumping to conclusions even after openly admitting that they really don’t know. You have Tucker saying that he struggled playing with guys that weren’t interested in being prepared. And that was because he was physically limited & had to in order to stay in the NFL. Yet, to a man, every Cardinal teammate has said over & over again that no one is more prepared than Murray is. And after going on and on, Cosell said “I really don’t know” way too many times. I actually came away after listening to Cosell feeling that the real culprit is Kingsbury. Especially in the Rams game. KK was so overmatched in that game. He was thoroughly embarrassed by McVay that day. It wasn’t like Murray was missing open receivers. The play calling was atrocious & our OL play was putrid. And yet, too many people want to point to that game as evidence that somehow it’s Murray that’s not properly prepared. It was KK & his staff that wasn’t prepared that day.
I saw a team that physically dominated the Cardinals. No level of preparation would have stopped that.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I saw a team that physically dominated the Cardinals. No level of preparation would have stopped that.
Agree. It was a beat down in every respect of the word. The Rams were flying high with major moves like OBJ, Von Miller, and Eric Waddle when they experienced injuries. Meanwhile, the Cardinals opted to stand pat the last 5-6 weeks even though it was obvious that our DL, OL, and secondary needed help. And I'm sure that Bidwill nixed any talk of spending money when we really needed to.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Agree. It was a beat down in every respect of the word. The Rams were flying high with major moves like OBJ, Von Miller, and Eric Waddle when they experienced injuries. Meanwhile, the Cardinals opted to stand pat the last 5-6 weeks even though it was obvious that our DL, OL, and secondary needed help. And I'm sure that Bidwill nixed any talk of spending money when we really needed to.
We got absolutely pounded by the Lions and Seahawks at the end of the year. It was obvious that the team didn't have the toughness or depth to seriously compete.

That's what's been so frustrating about this offseason - instead of beefing up and getting tougher, we've created some pretty big holes on our D that have yet to be adequately filled. With what appears to be a down NFC, we're sitting on our hands when we should be going all in.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We got absolutely pounded by the Lions and Seahawks at the end of the year. It was obvious that the team didn't have the toughness or depth to seriously compete.

That's what's been so frustrating about this offseason - instead of beefing up and getting tougher, we've created some pretty big holes on our D that have yet to be adequately filled. With what appears to be a down NFC, we're sitting on our hands when we should be going all in.
I cannot argue with you. Last year was a great opportunity for this team to have a shot at the SB. When healthy, we beat the crap out of the Rams on their field. And pretty much everyone else. Once the injuries started depleting us, we did absolutely nothing outside of Ertz to prepare us for the home stretch. If Bidwill cared at all, he would have sold off that stupid plane of his & gone into debt if need be to get us help. Believe me, I’ve been around a long, long time. This franchise had very good players & very good teams in both the 60’s, 70’s, and even the 80’s. One thing we always lacked was DEPTH. Once injuries struck, the Bidwill family never spent a dime trying to put us in a position to win a championship. Many people want to believe that Michael
isn’t like his father. And yes, no one can be as bad as Bill Bidwill. And I mean NO ONE. But with this franchise starving for a championship & the SB being in AZ this year, it makes no sense that he isn’t pulling out ALL STOPS. Instead it’s fricking crickets. Except some on this board who want to criticize our 24 year old QB instead of the ownership. IT ALWAYS STARTS AT THE TOP. Always!

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I cannot argue with you. Last year was a great opportunity for this team to have a shot at the SB. When healthy, we beat the crap out of the Rams on their field. And pretty much everyone else. Once the injuries started depleting us, we did absolutely nothing outside of Ertz to prepare us for the home stretch. If Bidwill cared at all, he would have sold off that stupid plane of his & gone into debt if need be to get us help. Believe me, I’ve been around a long, long time. This franchise had very good players & very good teams in both the 60’s, 70’s, and even the 80’s. One thing we always lacked was DEPTH. Once injuries struck, the Bidwill family never spent a dime trying to put us in a position to win a championship. Many people want to believe that Michael
isn’t like his father. And yes, no one can be as bad as Bill Bidwill. And I mean NO ONE. But with this franchise starving for a championship & the SB being in AZ this year, it makes no sense that he isn’t pulling out ALL STOPS. Instead it’s fricking crickets. Except some on this board who want to criticize our 24 year old QB instead of the ownership. IT ALWAYS STARTS AT THE TOP. Always!
You are creating a false choice that the issue has to be one or the other. People can be critical of Bidwill and Kyler and Keim and Kliff or whatever combination. I can be critical of Keim but also know that Bidwill is why he is still the GM. I can be critical of Bidwill’s handling of the contract language while expressing that it is in direct result of Kyler’s interview and behavior over the past 3 years.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If it was just that one game, I wouldn't be worried really. However, that playoff game was certainly no outlier in our final 1/3 of the season that included losing badly 30-12 to a 1 win Detroit team. Sure, injuries were an issue, but that is no excuse for the team suddenly playing like one of the worst in the league.(especially since they won 2 out of 3 with McCoy starting just before the implosion happened).

The Cardinals were playing like one of the worst teams in the league and not surprisingly that continued in our one embarrassing playoff game

We will see if it carries over into this year.

Apparently you didn’t read the first sentence of my post.. “In this particular game”, this meaning I was only speaking to that particular game in the post contents.

Beyond that, the Colt McCoy thing really gets tired and is very much so a casual box score fans thinking. 49ers were a BAD team going into that game I’m not going to look up the stats and post it for the 10th time.. but 49ers were at 4-7 team perhaps worse? with no identity at that point of the season looking destined to have a top pick. Not to mention they were surely prepping for a red hot Kyler offense that game. The Seahawks had just got RW3 back and scored less than a total of 29 points in 3 games! Averaging less than 10 points a game during that stretch. If you can’t beat that as a backup then I would be worried… then Colt ran into the “buzz saw” of the Panthers and posted one of the worse QB outings of any QB in the league for the entire season. I am a fan of Colt as a backup QB but let’s not act like he did miracle work here. They won games they should have won in that stretch.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
then Colt ran into the “buzz saw” of the Panthers and posted one of the worse QB outings of any QB in the league for the entire season
Colt McCoy vs Panthers: 49.4 passer rating
Kyler Murray vs Rams (Wild Card): 40.9 passer rating

Weird.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You are creating a false choice that the issue has to be one or the other. People can be critical of Bidwill and Kyler and Keim and Kliff or whatever combination. I can be critical of Keim but also know that Bidwill is why he is still the GM. I can be critical of Bidwill’s handling of the contract language while expressing that it is in direct result of Kyler’s interview and behavior over the past 3 years.
It starts at the top. It always does.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Bottom line is until this drought ends, the organization deserves to be perceived as an incompetent clown show. Anything extra is just icing on the cake.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That doesn’t mean what’s at the bottom can’t be worked on ;)
We’ve been working at the bottom for 60 years & for whatever reasons be, it just hasn’t worked out? Sometimes it’s bad luck & sometimes we just suck. But we just never seem to be deep enough. The only common denominator is the Bidwill name.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We’ve been working at the bottom for 60 years & for whatever reasons be, it just hasn’t worked out? Sometimes it’s bad luck & sometimes we just suck. But we just never seem to be deep enough. The only common denominator is the Bidwill name.
No lies there but still doesn’t absolve other from doing their part.