Kyler joins FaZe Clan

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FaZe Clan?

More like FaDe Clan.

I'm beginning to wonder if he's actually good at video games...

Does he start off really well and then get worse as gameplay continues...?

I think is good if he doesn't get panicked
However seems too much involved on video games for his age, i understands playing it sometimes but he is a nfl qb, a supposed leader of men, more maturity is required

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think is good if he doesn't get panicked
However seems to much involved on video games for his age, i understands playing it sometimes but he is a nfl qb, a supposed leader of men, more maturity is required
Do you know how many professional athletes are crazy gamers? A ton. Not just the nfl either. Nba as well.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you know how many professional athletes are crazy gamers? A ton. Not just the nfl either. Nba as well.
I know but being a qb is not just being athletic freak, the mental aspect and studies of the game are the mainly aspects
Honestly i doubt drew brees, tom Brady, Payton manning, kurt Warner spent hours/weekly with the joypad

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I know but being a qb is not just being athletic freak, the mental aspect and studies of the game are the mainly aspects
Honestly i doubt drew brees, tom Brady, Payton manning, kurt Warner spent hours/weekly with the joypad
I agree but I think you miss the point Ouchie is trying to make about this generation's athletes

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Video games were a much smaller deal during those guys time starting out in the league than it is now.

Having said that, those guys were infinitely more motivated to excel than it seems Kyler is. My guess is they worked on their mental games all off season.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Video games were a much smaller deal during those guys time starting out in the league than it is now.

Having said that, those guys were infinitely more motivated to excel than it seems Kyler is. My guess is they worked on their mental games all off season.
Not to mention they had other things taking their attention. Kurt had a ton of kids and Christian charity work and if you think gisele was just sitting around the house while Brady was pouring over film all night you didn’t date anyone that had people magazine laying around. These guys all have other things like the gaming that they do with their off time. Not putting in enough film time is a problem, but as I’ve said before I don’t think it’s bc he’s a gamer.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to mention they had other things taking their attention. Kurt had a ton of kids and Christian charity work and if you think gisele was just sitting around the house while Brady was pouring over film all night you didn’t date anyone that had people magazine laying around. These guys all have other things like the gaming that they do with their off time. Not putting in enough film time is a problem, but as I’ve said before I don’t think it’s bc he’s a gamer.
It’s certainly not THE reason he doesn’t devote time to bettering himself professionally but it could be A reason. I can easily come up with a plausible scenario where gaming could detract from his profession

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

A statistical analysis of Kyler Murray’s performance on COD double XP weekends​

With the recent news of Kyler Murray's (recently rescinded) study hall clause, rumors are rampant that Kyler Murray plays too much COD. I was wondering what statistical validity there might be to these claims, so I scoured the internet for past 2XP events and other promotional events across all Call of Duty console games. For simplicity, I am referring to all COD promotional events (2XP, 3XP, etc.) as a 2XP weekend. I cross-referenced this data with Kyler Murray's stats from Pro Football Reference and compiled it here.

Here are the results:

Passer rating

Murray's average passer rating on non-2XP weekends is 97.43 and 89.65 on 2XP weekends, showing a -7.77 difference on 2XP weekends.

Passing yards

Murray's average yards per game is 251 on non-2XP weekends and 245 on 2XP weekends, showing a -6 YPG difference on 2XP weekends.

Completion percentage

Murray's average comp% on non-2XP weekends is 67.29 and 67.17 on 2XP weekends, showing a -0.12% difference on 2XP weekends.

Win-loss record

Murray's record on non-2XP weekend is 18-16-1 (0.529) and on 2XP weekends it is 4-7-0 (0.360), showing a -0.169 win% difference on 2XP weekends.

Conclusion:

Kyler Murray's performance on 2XP weekends is worse in all categories. Clearly there is no explanation for Kyler's performance deficits other than that he's busy grinding for rare character skins and excessive amounts of XP. If you have any improvements to my shaky statistics work or if I missed an in-season 2XP weekend, let me know.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

With the recent news of Kyler Murray's (recently rescinded) study hall clause, rumors are rampant that Kyler Murray plays too much COD. I was wondering what statistical validity there might be to these claims, so I scoured the internet for past 2XP events and other promotional events across all Call of Duty console games. For simplicity, I am referring to all COD promotional events (2XP, 3XP, etc.) as a 2XP weekend. I cross-referenced this data with Kyler Murray's stats from Pro Football Reference and compiled it here.

Here are the results:

Passer rating

Murray's average passer rating on non-2XP weekends is 97.43 and 89.65 on 2XP weekends, showing a -7.77 difference on 2XP weekends.

Passing yards

Murray's average yards per game is 251 on non-2XP weekends and 245 on 2XP weekends, showing a -6 YPG difference on 2XP weekends.

Completion percentage

Murray's average comp% on non-2XP weekends is 67.29 and 67.17 on 2XP weekends, showing a -0.12% difference on 2XP weekends.

Win-loss record

Murray's record on non-2XP weekend is 18-16-1 (0.529) and on 2XP weekends it is 4-7-0 (0.360), showing a -0.169 win% difference on 2XP weekends.

Conclusion:

Kyler Murray's performance on 2XP weekends is worse in all categories. Clearly there is no explanation for Kyler's performance deficits other than that he's busy grinding for rare character skins and excessive amounts of XP. If you have any improvements to my shaky statistics work or if I missed an in-season 2XP weekend, let me know.
You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Here are the results:

Passer rating

Passing yards

Completion percentage

Win-loss record

Conclusion:

Heh, if I'm making $46 million per, I'm hiring a good gamer to grind for me.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Those numbers are hard to ignore as that’s a rather healthy pool of data over a rather healthy amount of time.

It’s not uncommon for many under the age of 40 to be gamers. I’m 46, and only “game” as a means of communicating with my children when abroad (I’m not that good). It’s seemingly exponentially common for the dudes around 5 years younger than me. Dudes around 20-25 think of it as an alternative world; my boys in the 10-15 yr range live in that world.

Kyler is an immature introvert, probably due to video games, but it’s a big problem throughout his generation (social medias, the gender/sexual orientation stuff). I think on a long enough timeline kyler will be considered a top 5 QB in his generation, but the Brady, Peyton, Warner, etc types are all gonna die on the vine. If any of those guys played today, they’d put up the same results with a 1/3rd of the study time since technology has gotten so much better. Those guys spent “hours” studying film because it likely wasn’t broken down as well as it is today.

Point being, Kyler is leaving plays on the field every F’n game and he’s got a big boy contract. Time to act like a big boy….

I’m hoping this dude compiles similar stats for this 2022 season- curious to see if there’s improvement.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Those numbers are hard to ignore as that’s a rather healthy pool of data over a rather healthy amount of time.

It’s not uncommon for many under the age of 40 to be gamers. I’m 46, and only “game” as a means of communicating with my children when abroad (I’m not that good). It’s seemingly exponentially common for the dudes around 5 years younger than me. Dudes around 20-25 think of it as an alternative world; my boys in the 10-15 yr range live in that world.

Kyler is an immature introvert, probably due to video games, but it’s a big problem throughout his generation (social medias, the gender/sexual orientation stuff). I think on a long enough timeline kyler will be considered a top 5 QB in his generation, but the Brady, Peyton, Warner, etc types are all gonna die on the vine. If any of those guys played today, they’d put up the same results with a 1/3rd of the study time since technology has gotten so much better. Those guys spent “hours” studying film because it likely wasn’t broken down as well as it is today.

Point being, Kyler is leaving plays on the field every F’n game and he’s got a big boy contract. Time to act like a big boy….

I’m hoping this dude compiles similar stats for this 2022 season- curious to see if there’s improvement.
counter point.

the statistical difference is minimal.

if getting his gamer on helps him chill and be relaxed to play, then so be it.

im 54,...and I put in nearly as many hours gaming as I do working....it takes me away from the ********. But all my work responsibilities get handled.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Some true out of touch political BS in this post that isn't needed. I'll be the first one to knock KM, but this is too much dangerous conservative "get off my lawn" nonsense.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I will challenge Kyler to a game of Pong any day lol

Funny thing, I still have a working Pong console from the 70s sitting in a box somewhere. Every now and then I break it out for a laugh and hook it up to the big screen. It's pretty hilarious waiting 10 seconds for the ball to travel from one side of the screen to the other.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Did he rape someone, kill someone, going to jail? I'm drinking the Kool-aid and think they might play good at home this year.