Kyler joins FaZe Clan

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Exactly.

There are a lot of people here that have no idea what being in an eSports team consists of. Many of them live together. All of them are practicing 12 hours a day, 6 days a week and travel regularly to tournaments.

Saying "lots of players game" is like comparing pickup basketball to the NBA.

I hope this is a BS publicity stunt where Kyler is a mascot that plays once a blue moon and its side gets exposure to a new fan base.

If not and he's serious its really bad.
Naw, FaZe clan is more of a YouTube/social media construct now. It had its roots in gaming but expanded exponentially into social media. Some of the clan don’t even game. And many celebs get into these groups now. You’re off the reservation on this one.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm fine with him gaming a little to chill out.

But for me there's no such thing as an off season for a young QB still learning. Certainly not with enough time for him to be a full time eSports member.
I’m sorry it may seem like I’m picking on you, but this is kind of stupid. He’s still working out and every player does a million different things in their offseason.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I just can't believe people get paid a ton of money to play video games and make videos of playing video games. I guess I am just old.
They get paid money to do a lot stupider stuff than play video games. Look up “dang Matt smith” or “mr beast” (that one will really drive you crazy).

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's not the only thing they do.

They're first and foremost a company that supports/sponsors several pro-gaming teams.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31339384/arizona-cardinals-qb-kyler-murray-welcomed-faze-clan

Murray is investing in the COMPANY. He's not doing pro-gaming on the side.

some of these guys sound so out of touch it’s downright laughable. Yeah he’s going to drop football to be a pro gamer lol

this might aswell be him joining Nike or Addidas. That’s what this is. This is about marketing and money. The money to be made in video games is insane.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's a whole lots of rationalization going on in here. Some people sounding like the guy who has a hot girlfriend they don't want to lose so say they are fine with her sleeping with half the football team.

There isn't anybody here or in the league as a whole who want's their QB gaming more and trying to dress those that say otherwise as "old heads" or out of touch is just silly. I'm 44. Gen X invented serious gaming. I was playing online games in clans before it was cool and lucrative.

It seems it's nothing more that a PR thing so it's fine, but let's not pretend we would be ok with it if it was something else.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There's a whole lots of rationalization going on in here. Some people sounding like the guy who has a hot girlfriend they don't want to lose so say they are fine with her sleeping with half the football team.

There isn't anybody here or in the league as a whole who want's their QB gaming more and trying to dress those that say otherwise as "old heads" or out of touch is just silly. I'm 44. Gen X invented serious gaming. I was playing online games in clans before it was cool and lucrative.

It seems it's nothing more that a PR thing so it's fine, but let's not pretend BritCard would be ok with it if it was something else.
There you go.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There you go.

So if Kyler joined an actual eSports team as more than a PR stunt, ff he was actually playing games 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week, even in the off season, you would be ok with that?

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
but everyone knows thats not what this is so who cares? this is a non issue - lets talk draft

This.
I can't believe this thread has gotten more replies than the other draft threads. It's draft week and some people are more concerned about a gaming promotional stunt.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So if Kyler joined an actual eSports team as more than a PR stunt, ff he was actually playing games 10-12 hours a day 6 days a week, even in the off season, you would be ok with that?
But that’s not what this is despite you freaking out about it. So who cares about fantasyland make believe alternate reality?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So now we are just fantasizing about him quitting football for gaming?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I have no problem with a sponsorship deal, but I do have an issue with being too into gaming if it eats into his productivity as it comes to tape. The sky isn't falling, but during the pro bowl that dude had everything about Madden's menus memorized. I was/am a pretty hardcore gamer and I couldn't tell you slants was on page 3 position 7 of the playbook in pistol.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I have no problem with a sponsorship deal, but I do have an issue with being too into gaming if it eats into his productivity as it comes to tape. The sky isn't falling, but during the pro bowl that dude had everything about Madden's menus memorized. I was/am a pretty hardcore gamer and I couldn't tell you slants was on page 3 position 7 of the playbook in pistol.
Your day job also isn’t memorizing plays. Something tells me that comes easily for kyler. If anything it should engender comfort for you that kyler likely has the same (likely better) recall of kliffs playbook.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your day job also isn’t memorizing plays. Something tells me that comes easily for kyler. If anything it should engender comfort for you that kyler likely has the same (likely better) recall of kliffs playbook.

To be fair it only seems to have about 30 passing plays

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He studies playbooks for a living.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave