Kyler is feeling better and hoping to play....

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Then let’s just keep him out for a few more games!…Imagine how healthy and fresh he could be then. I’m sure Colt will be just fine.

Easy big fella. :)

The main point is that we're still winning, even with K1 on the bench. If we were 0-3 with him out, then yes, I could understand your urgency.

But does it really matter who is playing QB, as long as we're stacking Ws?

If you gave me a choice right now between Murray starting and losing the Superbowl, vs. Colt starting and winning the Superbowl, I'm obviously taking the latter, no questions asked. I'm a huge Murray fan, but of course I'm a bigger ARZ fan.

A byproduct of the injury is that Colt winning a couple of games has loosened, just a fraction, this incredible grip that Murray had on the Franchise. Prior to the GB game, I think (IMO) the sun was rising and setting on K1 for lots of people in and out of the organization, and they believed we could not win a meaningful game without him. I think that's a little less true today, and that's a good thing for the Franchise. It's not healthy for one player to have that kind of demi-god status.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Easy big fella. :)

The main point is that we're still winning, even with K1 on the bench. If we were 0-3 with him out, then yes, I could understand your urgency.

But does it really matter who is playing QB, as long as we're stacking Ws?

If you gave me a choice right now between Murray starting and losing the Superbowl, vs. Colt starting and winning the Superbowl, I'm obviously taking the latter, no questions asked. I'm a huge Murray fan, but of course I'm a bigger ARZ fan.

A byproduct of the injury is that Colt winning a couple of games has loosened, just a fraction, this incredible grip that Murray had on the Franchise. Prior to the GB game, I think (IMO) the sun was rising and setting on K1 for lots of people in and out of the organization, and they believed we could not win a meaningful game without him. I think that's a little less true today, and that's a good thing for the Franchise. It's not healthy for one player to have that kind of demi-god status.
This is a false choice. No one can know the future—which is why you have to maximize your opportunity to win every game.

If Kyler doesn’t understand that mentality because his dad is telling him to protect himself or whatever then it’s a problem because I root for the Arizona Cardinals not Murray or my draft advocacy.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This is a false choice. No one can know the future—which is why you have to maximize your opportunity to win every game.

If Kyler doesn’t understand that mentality because his dad is telling him to protect himself or whatever then it’s a problem because I root for the Arizona Cardinals not Murray or my draft advocacy.
Okay Mr. Big Brain, I get a C- for my previous post in this thread. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Right. And Chris and I were talking about last year when he was terrible in the intermediate routes. That only backs what I said.

He’s been great this year, but it’s not even half the season’s worth of a sample size.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right. And Chris and I were talking about last year when he was terrible in the intermediate routes. That only backs what I said.

He’s been great this year, but it’s not even half the season’s worth of a sample size.
Much better this year

But will he be rusty in his first game back?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This can't be said enough times

We can't sit here and expect this team to win games

There is always a cliff to fall off of and we saw it last year

Yes, I think this is a different team

But it's still there

So every game you take one at a time and do every thing you can to win that game

Any given Sunday is real in this league

You don't want to be in a position of looking back and saying could have and should have (like the GB game for example)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This can't be said enough times

We can't sit here and expect this team to win games

There is always a cliff to fall off of and we saw it last year

Yes, I think this is a different team

But it's still there

So every game you take one at a time and do every thing you can to win that game

Any given Sunday is real in this league

You don't want to be in a position of looking back and saying could have and should have (like the GB game for example)
Kyler needs to get his magical Keebler butt back on the field as soon as he's able because he will be rusty in comparison to the flow of those around him in midseason form. The objective is to get hot within the next couple of games and carry that over to the playoffs... one cannot do that with your starter not getting reps with his emotions running high going into his first playoffs

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not as concerned with rust. Just hope they actually worked on throwing a wet football.
We beat the Giants in ny in the rain before, I think in KM’s rookie year. I don’t think Mack is playing either

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
They will evaluate pregame. Bears missing a lot key defenders and the Bears oline allows the most sacks. If the Cards sack Dalton and pick him off for some short fields, it wouldn't surprise me if Colt comes in later in the game if the Cards have a big lead. Since K1 took a ton of reps in practice, it would be a surprise to see K1 and DHop late scratches. The rain, field conditions and cold wind have to be on the coaches minds. Plus you want Dhop and K1 to be ready for next Monday night by getting some good reps in.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler needs to get his magical Keebler butt back on the field as soon as he's able because he will be rusty in comparison to the flow of those around him in midseason form. The objective is to get hot within the next couple of games and carry that over to the playoffs... one cannot do that with your starter not getting reps with his emotions running high going into his first playoffs

This completely..not to mention Kyler is still a an extremely young QB w plenty to improve on. Every game is crucial experience/development for him.. he’s barely played more than 2 seasons of NFL football at this point. I’m 100% Team Kyler… but lots of room to grow -

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose