Kyler Blowback and Early Season Boos?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Going through the cards Instagram and every pic is getting roasted. The picture of Murray taking a selfie with falcons fans that was posted by the cards has the most comments. Top comment with 456 likes is “Like if we made a huge mistake”. Second comment is “In Rosen we trust” with 387 likes. To put that in context those have more likes than any other post has comments since last year. The fan base not located on ASFN is lashing out.

How short of a leash will these fans have on him. How many games until the boo birds start ringing out? What does the record have to be? I’m not sure how Murray would take it. Worst case scenario Rosen is still on this team somehow. That could be disastrous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he doesn't immediately set the world on fire as the number one pick overall in a system he is comfortable in with a head coach that has known him well since high school...expect the boos. Call it a "short" leash.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I preferred Rosen but not so set in my views not to see the possibilities with Murray. The Cardinals looked at their coach and the situation and felt Murray was a better fit. I can still have supported Rosen and still see the value of Murray too. Dang right I made height jokes, because I am a fan and football is also entertainment for me but now I want to see if we will be able to see Murray when he holds the trophy up because he is so short... thinking the other guy sucks is not a prerequisite of evaluating

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Ridiculous.

I think Josh Rosen is a QB with good potential, but the fact the Cardinals decided to cut bait and move in a different direction is not Kyler Murray's fault or issue.

Murray has enough pressure on him knowing if he does not produce enough in his first year the Cardinals have no issue pulling a Cleveland Browns type circus and drafting another QB next year.

I am still in the camp you keep both QBs, but we will see.

Yet, this all or nothing type of thinking (an epidemic of arrogance and stupidity in this country but I digress...) is nothing more than people thinking they have some sort of elite knowledge on all this.

The only Murray vs. Rosen I care about is on the practice field if it happens. If Rosen is traded then Murray is our QB for better or worse.

Should support the guy.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Wouldn't be surprised to see Josh Rosen start the season if he is still on the roster and the use of Kyler in gadget plays initially. (See Lamar Jackson last season)

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well most of the Rosen haters on this board said Josh was trash regardless of the coaching or cast of players around him last year. So it stands to reason, regardless of the supporting cast, Murray should be 10 times the QB that Rosen was based on where he was drafted. So if he doesn't light the league on fire, everyone on here should expect boos.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
You would hope that the fans would eventually unite before the start of the season and that he wouldn't have to experience anything negative from the fan base if he struggles. That would normally be the mindset but the reality is that he is the first overall pick and the face of the franchise. So the expectations have never been higher for him so he will either step up and prove the doubters wrong or he will falter and be out of the league in a couple of years. It's all up to him and I hope that he succeeds for everyone's sake.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The expectation from the hype is he hits the ground running. For me, anything less than Mayfield's season last year is unacceptable.

Allegedly, KK is a QB whisperer and his offense is tailor made for Murray, so the learning curve should be short.

If the team goes something like 3-13 or 4-12 and is in the Top-5 next season, it should consider another QB if Murray struggles to meet thelofty expectations.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
He is going to be under a huge microscope from everybody.Comes with the #1 pick.Every move,pass,run,fumble,interception is going to be run and rerun on highlight shows,Sportscenter etc;..Every move will be second-guessed,every press conference scrutinized.He better get used to it.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
You would hope that the fans would eventually unite before the start of the season and that he wouldn't have to experience anything negative from the fan base if he struggles. That would normally be the mindset but the reality is that he is the first overall pick and the face of the franchise. So the expectations have never been higher for him so he will either step up and prove the doubters wrong or he will falter and be out of the league in a couple of years. It's all up to him and I hope that he succeeds for everyone's sake.
99% of us are cheering for him to succeed and win ballgames, but the majority of us are skeptical based on a number of valid factors. I'll cheer my ass off when he throws touchdowns and wins games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The expectation from the hype is he hits the ground running. For me, anything less than Mayfield's season last year is unacceptable.

Allegedly, KK is a QB whisperer and his offense is tailor made for Murray, so the learning curve should be short.

If the team goes something like 3-13 or 4-12 and is in the Top-5 next season, it should consider another QB if Murray struggles to meet thelofty expectations.
What if the team goes 3-13 or 4-12 but instead of routinely getting blown out they average 19-20 points per game and are competitive unlike last year? There are levels to this.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He is going to be under a huge microscope from everybody.Comes with the #1 pick.Every move,pass,run,fumble,interception is going to be run and rerun on highlight shows,Sportscenter etc;..Every move will be second-guessed,every press conference scrutinized.He better get used to it.
Yup. Comes with the territory.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure won't feel that way. Look it's not HIS fault we handled the Rosen part of this so poorly. It wouldn't shock me if he has a learning curve he didn't play that much in college. But he's also played in this system before, at OU, and while he had a clear personnel advantage there he won't have in the NFL, I expect he at least knows the offense a bit better than someone who never played in it.,

Also important, while I'm a Josh fan, I think if used correctly Murray can have a huge impact on David Johnson next season. With Josh is was 9 on 11, Josh handed it off, David had the ball and 9 guys were blocking 11. With Murray it will be 10 on 11 because teams are going to be concerned about Kyler and probably spy him on run downs. That should help us run the ball better.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I sure won't feel that way. Look it's not HIS fault we handled the Rosen part of this so poorly. It wouldn't shock me if he has a learning curve he didn't play that much in college. But he's also played in this system before, at OU, and while he had a clear personnel advantage there he won't have in the NFL, I expect he at least knows the offense a bit better than someone who never played in it.,

Also important, while I'm a Josh fan, I think if used correctly Murray can have a huge impact on David Johnson next season. With Josh is was 9 on 11, Josh handed it off, David had the ball and 9 guys were blocking 11. With Murray it will be 10 on 11 because teams are going to be concerned about Kyler and probably spy him on run downs. That should help us run the ball better.
This aspect should have a big impact. Concern about Murray’s legs will open up field for David Johnson. It’s happened with Russell Wilson.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't think Murray's issue will be talent, so the blow back will be justified.