Kyler, allegedly, Almost Traded to Atlanta on Draft Night

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My bad for mentioning Suns. I do think the Cards will be more interesting even if they aren't winning. It's a new day, and we don't know for sure yet if things really are changing for the Cards. Hope springs eternal.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Suns aren't winning anything this year, and the Kevin Durant trade has ruined them for the future. Devin Booker will be traded by 2025 as he is the only tradable asset, to start their rebuild.
Ooooooph!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it really a hijack if the discussion is about the Cardinals and someone brings up the Suns - another local franchise that has never won a championship in Arizona.

Doesn't seem that far off the track. :D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Discussing the Suns makes more sense than discussing this rumor. Go D’Backs!
Hopefully this rumor gives us some hope that our new GM and coach will both be willing to move off of Kyler if things don't go smoothly upon his return this season.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Hopefully this rumor gives us some hope that our new GM and coach will both be willing to move off of Kyler if things don't go smoothly upon his return this season.,
Kyler has regressed so much. Throwing off his back foot, not reading progressions, not stepping up in the pocket, playing scared, and lying in the fetal position. He won his awards with KK as the coach and then regressed to this. He got his second contract, which he forced, and has his guaranteed money. He will continue to play his video games and not watch game film because he is set for life. We are screwed as a franchise.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
My bad for mentioning Suns. I do think the Cards will be more interesting even if they aren't winning. It's a new day, and we don't know for sure yet if things really are changing for the Cards. Hope springs eternal.
what? I have to admit that I am hopeful this draft pans out but the cards are probably finishing last place in the division in 2023. why is that more interesting than the suns?

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Kyler has regressed so much. Throwing off his back foot, not reading progressions, not stepping up in the pocket, playing scared, and lying in the fetal position. He won his awards with KK as the coach and then regressed to this. He got his second contract, which he forced, and has his guaranteed money. He will continue to play his video games and not watch game film because he is set for life. We are screwed as a franchise.

By game 17 this season, you're going to be eating those words.

I predict it will take him a little while to get back into the groove, but by the end of the year, K1 will be playing at a very high level for our Cardinals.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I had a dream last night. For some reason I was in the parking lot at Hardy. Kyler walks by and we start chatting. I joke him about being the Magic Midget...he laughs and tells me to **** off..so we start talking football. plays and philosophies and such....and another dude walks up... Hollywood... then some other dude I learned was Petzig...next thing I know I got about 12 players and 4 coaches around a whiteboard in the parking lot and Im doing my John Madden routine... then my youngest son walks up and reminds me we gotta get carne asada, so we all do selfies, exchange numbers, and I go get food....

not sure if it was a premonition or if I am seeking validation. But the tacos were excellent.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

I predict it will take him a little while to get back into the groove, but by the end of the year, K1 will be playing at a very high level for our Cardinals.
if Cardinal history is any indicator he will play well enough for us to pass on drafting his replacement. then he will play well enough to keep us at 6-11 for the next 10 years while the QB we passed on will have a Hall of Fame type career.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nope, he was NOT "almost" traded to Atlanta. Did the Cards sling some poo to see if it might stick and a tiny chunk stuck to Atlanta? Maybe, but it was brushed right off very quickly. There was no "almost" trade to Atlanta or anywhere else.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
It was talked about.
This FO/coaching staff has no ties to Murray.
The only ties are Bidwills dollars. If he was willing to eat the money, he’d be gone.
This team knows they’re not winning this year and are in a total rebuild?

Why would that not apply to Murray as well?

I could still see Hopkins, Baker, and Murray all moved.
They are going to move on from Simmons and very much doubt they extend Hollywood.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You predicting Kyler will be awesome? Shocker!

You been saying that for the last 18 months of football when he’s been pretty abhorrent overall. Let’s hope you’re finally right.