Kurt Warner = Neil Lomax?

Cardsmasochist

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Remember when the Cardinals first moved to the valley back in the late '80's? Their first year here they started out strong under coach Gene Stallings. Neil Lomax had the team in first place with a winning record before suffering a hip injury. He was never the same and ended up retiring from the game. The Cardinals went on to decades of sucky football.

Watching Kurt Warner grimace while he hobbles around the field brings back nightmares of how Lomax ended his NFL career.

I hope I am just paranoid but I am really freaking out right now. Warner looked like he could not throw an accurate pass to save his life. Like he was having trouble planting his back foot when passing.

Someone, please talk me down off the ledge and tell me everything will be okay!!!

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Step back from the ledge, IMO if we had to go to Matt we would be fine.

Different, yes but fine

chickenhead

Reaction score
Different. Lomax was a franchise quarterback 8-9 years younger than Warner is. His backups were Cliff Stoudt and Tom Tupa (himself a rookie).

Lomax' injury still saddens me--it was much more of a setback.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Did'nt Warner have ONE good play on his escape from pressure and rollout to the right and finding Fitzgerald with 3 9er's wrapped around him and hit him right between the 1's of his #11?

Hey this maybe Matt's year to save the day.I just don't think that Kurt is hurting with his hip.I think the WHOLE team is outta sink just like Warner said in his redundant post game interview.Everyone is not playing up to thier best.We've seen thier best and everyone is waiting on the guy next to them to make a play.

I don't believe in curse's.If we get Breaston back this week and Warner does'nt light it up then I'm all for starting Matt Leinart on Sunday night with the Colts.We're gonna need a speedy Matt to get away from that super fast Defensive End in Freeny of the Colts.He was a mad man yesterday.He will kill Kurt.Maybe Matt will have a chance rolling away from him.

Its a long season and this talented team is gonna get on a roll or Whiz will have them in BIG BOY pads everyday of every week.Remember what one day did for this team last year?

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I don't see Whiz making a change, (unless we go into the bye winless). Then, maybe not.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave