Kudos to Yahoo.com for exposing the B B (F B eventually) scandal

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Investigative journalism at its best. Expose the scared cows of the NCAA basketball world. They did what the NCAA could not do. The NCAA is there at the behest of the schools who threaten to secede if they do their job. The FBI has 35,000 +/- employees. They cannot all be dedicated to Trump and gun control issues. Go back to the Goodfellas and Henry Hill character and see the seedy side of college ball. Who is to say that if these players and coaches who are taking $$$$ would not be subjects for a "point shaving " scenario when threatened with exposure to there payouts. I think the "bagman" who kept a journal and spreadsheet was pure genius knowing that someday this was his get out of jail free card.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Investigative journalism at its best. Expose the scared cows of the NCAA basketball world. They did what the NCAA could not do. The NCAA is there at the behest of the schools who threaten to secede if they do their job. The FBI has 35,000 +/- employees. They cannot all be dedicated to Trump and gun control issues. Go back to the Goodfellas and Henry Hill character and see the seedy side of college ball. Who is to say that if these players and coaches who are taking $$$$ would not be subjects for a "point shaving " scenario when threatened with exposure to there payouts. I think the "bagman" who kept a journal and spreadsheet was pure genius knowing that someday this was his get out of jail free card.

You can bet that no matter what evidence anyone shows that certain schools programs will get little more than "play nice and don`t do it again please" slap on the wrist.I bet Kentucky,Duke ,North Carolina(again) all skate and are untouched by NCAA.

OP
OP
Southpaw

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can bet that no matter what evidence anyone shows that certain schools programs will get little more than "play nice and don`t do it again please" slap on the wrist.I bet Kentucky,Duke ,North Carolina(again) all skate and are untouched by NCAA.

Hopefully the FBI and IRS will not be tolerant.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Hopefully the FBI and IRS will not be tolerant.

Even if the FBI proves wrongdoing (is the sky blue) the NCAA will come up with some horseshit excuse saying "ITs not our job to decide eligibility" crap.I have absolutely no hope than the NCAA will do the right thing.Mark Emmert who knew about the Michigan State sex abuse cases for 8 years and did nothing will simply say "it`s not in our area of enforcement or some other blatant lie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave