Kordell Update

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For what it's worth - ESPN (Rumor section and Clayton) are reporting that (a) Kordell apparently prefers the Bears and (b) the Bears are about to make an offer sometime today. They speculated (c) that the Bears may have delayed making their offer in order to counter the Cardinals' offer.

Apparently, Baltimore is jumping into the Stewart mix, but it's not clear how serious they are.

Bears are also hedging their bets (as are the Cardinals) by talking to Blake.

One weird thing about ESPN - From the beginning of February, they've listed the Cardinals as being a suitor for CB Denard Walker. Yet they've never said anything in their text narratives nor has there been any other indication that this is so. (i.e. ESPN is not perfect).

So while the "Kordell Prefers Bears" spin troubles me, I don't think we can accept this as gospel.

Mrospi

Reaction score
Time for Graves to play some hardball with Kordell...... take it or leave it!!!!! The free agents out there at QB are pretty similar talent wise in my estimation.....We wanted him from the start, Chicago is not sure.... they are considering Blake too and might be trying to use him as a bargaining chip with Kordell.... we did no such thing.....Take the deal or forget it...

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
That seems to be Graves negotiating style with everybody.Why wouldn't be with Kordell.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I would be glad if the rumors are true. I almost would rather go with McCown or Parsons.