Kong: Skull Island

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
meh.

the first scene was good, I literally slept through the next 20 minutes, the rest of it was okay. If someone's gonna do a new Kong, they gotta really bring something new to the table, IMO. This didn't.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
meh.

the first scene was good, I literally slept through the next 20 minutes, the rest of it was okay. If someone's gonna do a new Kong, they gotta really bring something new to the table, IMO. This didn't.
I figured that. The trailers looked exciting, but it essentially seemed to be an updated version of the middle 90 minutes of the Peter Jackson remake.

OP
OP
BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Did you stay for the post credits? Dont give it away if you did.

Not sure what can be done new with Kong since it's basically a beauty and the beast story. don't forget this isnt necessarily a 'stand alone' movie. These (and godzilla) are all leading up to KK vs Godzilla.

But, with a $185mil budget this might be a bomb if it only does ~$45mil this weekend as expected.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Wait Jing Tian is in this? She's the girl from The Great Wall.

I'm in. Yes, I'm that easy. :)

You must be registered for see images attach

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seen it and I liked it. It's a straight up action movie. Pretty cool to see Kong in his element

Have to stay for the end credits

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen it twice now I liked it but I didn't like the look of the bad guys the skull walkers or whatever they're called. It just bugged the heck out of me that they don't seem to have any hind legs they are dragging on their tails? Just didn't seem to make any evolutionary sense, why would they develop that way?

I actually wished it hadn't been set in the 70's too but it had to be if the movie is going to have a WW2 link, the guy would have been in his 80's or 90's if the movie was set in 2016.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've seen it twice now I liked it but I didn't like the look of the bad guys the skull walkers or whatever they're called. It just bugged the heck out of me that they don't seem to have any hind legs they are dragging on their tails? Just didn't seem to make any evolutionary sense, why would they develop that way?

I actually wished it hadn't been set in the 70's too but it had to be if the movie is going to have a WW2 link, the guy would have been in his 80's or 90's if the movie was set in 2016.
Yeah didn't like the skull things either. Thought they were designed stupidly.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Finally got around to this. Didn't love it but i liked it.

Mild two year old spoilers ahead....

Interesting choices. My favorite choice being the no beauty & the beast plot. That's a TIRED element at this point. Also liked the 70's time drop. I couldn't wait for Samuel L. Jackson's death. I'd be fine with never seeing him in a movie again. He has the acting range of a rat fart. Angry badass who's a bit crazy. Check.

The '76 Kong is still my favorite but i liked this one more than Jackson's '05 Kong. The '33 original stands alone of course.

In the end it's just another CGI fest reboot but i liked that it at least tried to tell an old story with some new imagination.

That helo attack...NICE

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Finally got around to this. Didn't love it but i liked it.

Mild two year old spoilers ahead....

Interesting choices. My favorite choice being the no beauty & the beast plot. That's a TIRED element at this point. Also liked the 70's time drop. I couldn't wait for Samuel L. Jackson's death. I'd be fine with never seeing him in a movie again. He has the acting range of a rat fart. Angry badass who's a bit crazy. Check.

The '76 Kong is still my favorite but i liked this one more than Jackson's '05 Kong. The '33 original stands alone of course.

In the end it's just another CGI fest reboot but i liked that it at least tried to tell an old story with some new imagination.

That helo attack...NICE

I think the '76 Kong was the first film I saw when we got HBO in the early 80s. That and Popeye seemed to always be on.

I get kinda bored with the fight scenes in movies like this, but these weren't too bad. Overall a solid reboot.