Kolb..."no Comment"

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
per Somers tweet

Via text, Kevin Kolb declined comment today on the Cardinals QB situation. He will continue to lay low and see what happens.

I like this, but it may be a little sad too.

In every respect it is best for Kolb to remain silent right now...but the dude has to be stressed out over all this.

Even if we do not get Manning I am not sure the team will stick with Kolb...those concussions are scary.....but if we end up on that road, I will throw my support behind the dude...hoping he lives up to the original hype and stays healthy.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
if Kolb ends up being our QB, I will hope for the best and he has my full support, and I will pull for him over Skelton only because I need something to do...and Manning is a very bad man

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Dude got $12 million last year for getting concussed and passed on the depth chart in 2010 before the entire NFL could see what a scrub he was.

I don't have any sympathy for that guy.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I bet if there is one person on the Cards team which would know something, it is Kolb and the fact he is saying no comment means that maybe, just maybe, sort of maybe the Manning thing still might happen or he would say something respectful knowing it is still his

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
he is online 24/7 like rest of us waiting for the Breaking News

CardinalMike

Chickens can't clap!
Reaction score
Kolb sucks. That was a terrible decision by Cards out of desperation.

I'm more comfortable with this team making terrible decisions than not making any at all. Now let's hope they take the next step down the path and start making more good decisions than terrible ones.

WickedKoolFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Kolb is a big boy, I'm sure he'll be fine. Coming here he had know Ken Whisenhunt is very fickle, and has no loyalty... Unless you're a former, over-the-hill Steeler, or if you were drafted in the top 5.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
so it was KW fault when he brought KK here? then it's KW fault again getting rid of him if it happens !!!

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
or he could be running through a pasture right now covered in hog blood like a maniac crying out loud with close friends begging him that the 'don't run with scissors thing' applies to hunting knives too and as soon as they calm him down, the concussion thing kicks in and he forgets and it starts all over again

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
so it was KW fault when he brought KK here? then it's KW fault again getting rid of him if it happens !!!

In a way yes. It's a deal that should never have been made in the first place, and just about everyone saw it coming.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Tebow has also gone dead silent since this has all transpired. If both the
Broncos and Cards miss, expect both Tebow and Kolb to come out and speak publicly.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
even if he is cut, he gets his guranteed money, what $20M
He is a happy guy
You don't feel sorry for him
he will go as a backup at some teams getting 2 or 3M a year till he calls it a day
Easy money

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
He is a happy guy
he will go as a backup at some teams getting 2 or 3M a year till he calls it a day
Easy money

actually in all seriousness, I think Kolb and Skelton both want a legacy as a good QB in the NFL and I think Kolb is feelin' it right now and we do not need any rampant Anderson speeches to know that. Kolb is a competitor, I will give him that

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
He is a happy guy
Easy money

People forget too that two years ago the Eagles re-signed him when they thought he would be the starter to a two year deal where the first year was over $10m as I recall.

Here is a guy who has been paid well over $30M in 5 years, for 6 career wins as a starter.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
I really hope we just cut ties and we try even Flynn.
if we rolled the dice on KK, I don't see why not on MF
The idea of Hasselbeck cominghere, I don't think so. We passed on him last year.
Forget PM, it's just a dream. A year ago we'd never have thought of him. Let's pretend he is still in Indy.
I am tired ....

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
:D Looks like a lot of folks are gonna be really upset if we don't land Manning, Kolb is still better than anything we've had the last couple years. Behind a decent line we are in the playoffs, but don't let that stop you.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
People forget too that two years ago the Eagles re-signed him when they thought he would be the starter to a two year deal where the first year was over $10m as I recall.

Here is a guy who has been paid well over $30M in 5 years, for 6 career wins as a starter.

Incredible isn't it. Two things on Kolb still stand out to me.

One was that he lost his job to Vick while he was injured but when Vick came back from his injury Kolb went back to the bench.

Two was that the excuse for Kolb was that he didn't have any time with the Cardinals coaches or playbook or whatever because of the lockout but instead of getting better every week he was in Arizona he got worse and he had the same progression in Philly. The more he played the worse his stats. QB rating went from 103.3 to 133.6 to 56.9 to 37.0 in 2010 as a starter.

And of course there is the Duckjake eyeball test. Kolb just doesn't look like anything more than a backup level NFL QB through Shiner Bock colored glasses. :D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
:D Looks like a lot of folks are gonna be really upset if we don't land Manning, Skelton is still better than anything we've had the last couple years. Behind a decent line we are in the playoffs, but don't let that stop you.

Fixed that for you bro. Knew you weren't paying attention when you typed the name. I do that a lot on Thursday,Friday or Saturday afternoons. :beer:

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Fixed that for you bro. Knew you weren't paying attention when you typed the name. I do that a lot on Thursday,Friday or Saturday afternoons. :beer:
If we don't get Manning, and if Kolb's head is cleared by the doctors, Kolb's our starting QB. By my guestimations, we are looking at a 87% chance of Kolb being our starter, 10% chance it's Peyton, 3% Skelton. Skelton will get the nod if Peyton or Kolb get hurt. Plain and simple yo.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we don't get Manning, and if Kolb's head is cleared by the doctors, Kolb's our starting QB. By my guestimations, we are looking at a 87% chance of Kolb being our starter, 10% chance it's Peyton, 3% Skelton. Skelton will get the nod if Peyton or Kolb get hurt. Plain and simple yo.

I love percentages...

Lets break it down.

When Kolb starts a game the possible outcomes have proven to be:

An injury: 24% Yes, he has gotten injured roughly one in every 4 starts.

A win: 29%

A Defeat: 71%

And how do his teams do when he does NOT play?

A win: 78% (yes, over the last 2 years his teams have an absurd 78% winning percentage when his worthless butt stays off the field)

A defeat: 22%

How bout those percents!

I really hope I never, ever, have to watch Kolb in a Cardinal uniform again, regardless of what happens with Manning. Kolb was arguably the stupidest trade/signing this team has ever made, and that says a lot.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Ain't gonna happen. Double Duece will grab the starting job in camp and never look back. His win % as a starter will remain the same and we'll be 11-5 every year through 2016.

:koolaid:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson