Kolb looked at times like he was trying to complete passes to the water cooler

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
87% of Kolb's 2014 salary is not guaranteed. He won't be in Buffalo next year. Heck, only 20% of it is guaranteed this year. If not for them having no other vet QB on the roster I think he would be a candidate to get cut in preseason.

If you've got two rookies and you want a vet around to protect them, getting one of the most injury prone guys in the NFL does not make sense to me.

At this point I suspect they think Kolb is helping Manuel more than anything.

I agree though highly unlikely he's back next year. I guess we'll see I wasn't overly impressed with Manuel in college but maybe he'll surprise. I know he was one of the surprise picks of the draft going that high.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kolb exits practice after slipping on a mat

Via multiple reports, Kolb injured himself while walking to a field on Saturday. Per Mark Gaughan of the Buffalo News, Kolb slipped on a rubber mat while walking from one field to the other. Via Sal Capaccio, trainers looked at Kolb’s knee. Per Capaccio, Kolb was “visibly upset” as he headed to the locker room with his pads off.

The injury comes a day after coach Doug Marrone told reporters that the team is “very, very pleased” with Manuel’s progress. He may get even more chances to progress if Kolb ends up missing practices and/or preseason games due to his unexpected-in-manner-but-not-in-result injury.

Dalbrin

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why bother working for a living when you can get knocked up by a future NFL player? I mean, what, they don't have abortion clinics down in Texas?

The concept of the kid (and, therefore, the mother as well) needing to live a similar lifestyle as if the parents were together is ridiculous. Help put a decent roof over their head, food in their mouths, clothes on their back. And by help, I mean fifty/fifty to what the mother is paying. Anything beyond that is punitive, no matter how much the father is making.

Arizona is a state where $2,000 and the right phone number will get you a new identity so good your own mother won't recognize you. I'd do my part if I knocked a woman up, but if her and the court tried to take advantage of any success I had to leech off of me beyond the child's basic needs, they'd get themselves a nice surprise.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This guy is snake bitten. I'm surprised he doesn't sustain injuries while knife hunting boar or whatever.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
NFLN said he didn't fall down but slipped on the mat and hurt his knee. They said he stumbled on a wet mat as he was running between fields and had to be helped off the field.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Just pay Kolb to stay home each year. Let him critique the other qbs from his lounge chair on Sunday's. Make sure he has someone to fetch him his snacks and beverages though. Wouldn't want him to slip on a wet kitchen floor and miss the game.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I guess it is a good thing that they drafted a QB in the first round. Sadly, you just can't count on the guy.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why bother working for a living when you can get knocked up by a future NFL player? I mean, what, they don't have abortion clinics down in Texas?

The concept of the kid (and, therefore, the mother as well) needing to live a similar lifestyle as if the parents were together is ridiculous. Help put a decent roof over their head, food in their mouths, clothes on their back. And by help, I mean fifty/fifty to what the mother is paying. Anything beyond that is punitive, no matter how much the father is making.

Arizona is a state where $2,000 and the right phone number will get you a new identity so good your own mother won't recognize you. I'd do my part if I knocked a woman up, but if her and the court tried to take advantage of any success I had to leech off of me beyond the child's basic needs, they'd get themselves a nice surprise.

WTF???

Steve

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is in no way a reflection on Kolb, one of his lineman was supposed to move that mat!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You seem like a real peach.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA